Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
tom kid

Pontiac Silverdome Footage

I found out this info on page 2 of this thread.

I think it might be true, he said it was 8 minutes long and a VHS tape he found at a convention in the 80s.

Do you feel this guy is yanking you on this and taking you for a ride or do you feel in your heart that there is at least some truth to its' possible existence? And if so, why do you think so? Just wondering.

I feel there is some truth in this, it's definitely the best way for one to think...

And it's another piece to the puzzle! I think this one clip will be a great follow up to the new Bath clip that surfaced a month ago. I still love watching it.

I found out this info on page 2 of this thread.

I think it might be true, he said it was 8 minutes long and a VHS tape he found at a convention in the 80s.

Just checked back there as it's been a few weeks since that page. Getting a response from Sam and that it may exist is a positive thing, so hopefully we'll see it one day.

It may not be much as it's only 8 minutes long, on VHS tape, silent and is more than likely just filmed by a fan. It will probably be jumpy with just bits and pieces from songs as we've seen from many of these films. But we shall see.

Edited by SuperDave

What do you mean by it's been a few weeks ever since that page?

If he responds saying he'll share it is a much awesomer thing to hear! It's worth having, It's nice to have more 8mm of Zep.

What do you mean by it's been a few weeks ever since that page?

If he responds saying he'll share it is a much awesomer thing to hear! It's worth having, It's nice to have more 8mm of Zep.

My fault. It's been almost a year since that page. And I have posts there from back then. :bagoverhead:

:lol:

Hopefully he'll get back to me and 342 soon with some info of it's current status.

Superdave has a point, It would obviously be a better experience to see the full 16mm pro film of Pontiac, but this 8mm film will definitely be a nice piece to the puzzle!;)

It's not 16mm film, it's video tape. They had that starting in 1974-1975, maybe a bit earlier.

This 8mm clip is supposed to be filmed from various points from the floor of the stage, very shakey. But it's worth to have.

Superdave has a point, It would obviously be a better experience to see the full 16mm pro film of Pontiac, but this 8mm film will definitely be a nice piece to the puzzle!;)

Don't tell me there's two films in existence! One pro and other fan shot? Then we'd have to begin another search as well. :Thinking::faint1:

Nope, there is the 8mm and the proshot. From the LZ Database about the Pontiac 8mm:

Recording Includes: Unknown song listing.

Source: Incomplete 8mm silent color amateur footage. 24 minutes.

Details: It was shot from the right side of the stage and the camera is never quite in clear focus.

I don't think it's 24 minutes, that same website saying that the 6/23/1977 footage is 11 minutes when it's actually 9 minutes

Edited by ledzepfilm

Haha!:lol:

Stay away from this other path and just take the one that leads you to most likely one. :D

Yep!

Let's all hope that kdh will get back to us regarding the 8mm film and we'll see what happens.

Edited by ledzepfilm

edit: Let's all hope that kdh will get back to LedZep342 and I regarding the 8mm film and we'll see what happens.

Remember I was the one who messaged him in the first place...<_<:rolleyes:

I don't think it's 24 minutes, that same website saying that the 6/23/1977 footage is 11 minutes when it's actually 9 minutes

It was confirmed to me by someone who has a copy that it is 24 minutes, however, that may not equal the time of the source you are trying to get elsewhere.

kdh wrote a comment on my profile stating "I need to know how to get it online. And to make a copy", so this means he has it!;)