English Premier League 2010-11

Chowder

Bobby Moore was the greatest defender of his generation. Maybe the best ever !

I would say ever, can't think of anyone that made it look effortless, whats a real shame is the 1970 squad was better than the 66 that won the thing, strange how events don't go to plan,My first world cup I really remember is 1974 with the great Dutch sqaud, again they should have won it, but again events dont always go to plan, Cruyff,Moore are two players, ok I am starting a new thread, but they would be in my all time starting 11.

I would say ever, can't think of anyone that made it look effortless, whats a real shame is the 1970 squad was better than the 66 that won the thing, strange how events don't go to plan,My first world cup I really remember is 1974 with the great Dutch sqaud, again they should have won it, but again events dont always go to plan, Cruyff,Moore are two players, ok I am starting a new thread, but they would be in my all time starting 11.

Yeah, I remember watching that game against Brazil. The Bank's save has been talked about for years but Moore was the real star. He was so bloody clean in the tackle and his distribution was second to none as well. The 70 squad was a good one...too bad Bank's took sick before the quarter final against West Germany.

Yeah, I remember watching that game against Brazil. The Bank's save has been talked about for years but Moore was the real star. He was so bloody clean in the tackle and his distribution was second to none as well. The 70 squad was a good one...too bad Bank's took sick before the quarter final against West Germany.

Yes I have seen lots of footage over the years of that world cup, watching that Brazil game and Banks with the greatist save of all time, gives me goosebumps thinking bout it, and watched the QF with West Germany, how the hell did we loose that.

Goosebumps moment........ "

"

[mediahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gueytEK7E]

Yes I have seen lots of footage over the years of that world cup, watching that Brazil game and Banks with the greatist save of all time, gives me goosebumps thinking bout it, and watched the QF with West Germany, how the hell did we loose that.

Goosebumps moment........

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gueytEK7E]"

It was a great WC and that Brazil team is still the best I've ever seen !

Anywho, you mentioned your best 11. Might be more fun to pick the best piss tanks and nutters of al time :lol:

It was a great WC and that Brazil team is still the best I've ever seen !

Anywho, you mentioned your best 11. Might be more fun to pick the best piss tanks and nutters of al time :lol:

LOl, have fixed the link now.........doh. Yeh..........nutters well thats old Vinnie Jones, piss tank as in crap would be Carlton Palmer for starters.

LOl, have fixed the link now.........doh. Yeh..........nutters well thats old Vinnie Jones, piss tank as in crap would be Carlton Palmer for starters.

I was thinking piss tanks in the bevy mold. Okay, let's just call them characters and rogues :D

I was thinking piss tanks in the bevy mold. Okay, let's just call them characters and rogues :D

ahh waht a Tw*t I am lol, although Piss tanks and nutters is a great title, was going to open up a thread with ya title, maybe we should and people can put down what they think pissheads and nutter are :)

ahh waht a Tw*t I am lol, although Piss tanks and nutters is a great title, was going to open up a thread with ya title, maybe we should and people can put down what they think pissheads and nutter are :)

Naaa, it was just something we used to do over a few pints for a laugh. Also, I think it's an era gone by. Can't think of any Frank Worthington's or Charlie George's in today's game. Gazza may have been the last of the line.

Naaa, it was just something we used to do over a few pints for a laugh. Also, I think it's an era gone by. Can't think of any Frank Worthington's or Charlie George's in today's game. Gazza may have been the last of the line.

I think up untill 1990 they were all drinkers on the coaches to games lol. George Best being the mother of all fuck ups by it all.

I think up untill 1990 they were all drinkers on the coaches to games lol. George Best being the mother of all fuck ups by it all.

Different day's for sure. Still, I think the game could well do with a few characters and entertainers today. Too much money involved in winning for that to happen.

Different day's for sure. Still, I think the game could well do with a few characters and entertainers today. Too much money involved in winning for that to happen.

Very true, you know I thought at the World Cup, how bad we were and that there wasn't anything good about England in the fact that all of em are so unlikable, even from my team, gone of the days when ok we were never world beaters, but lineker, Gazza, Physco, Barnes, Reed,Robson, Shilton etc etc were all commited and most of them were characters and very likable, so when we draw 1 all with Eygypt in 1990 group stage ( or was it 0-0) we still got to the semis, and we loved them, Waddle as wel,l even for missing the pen.. we were there with them....now even though I watched and cheered I didn't feel the same back from them...don't like em as people like as you say its not the same. :mellow::angry:

Very true, you know I thought at the World Cup, how bad we were and that there wasn't anything good about England in the fact that all of em are so unlikable, even from my team, gone of the days when ok we were never world beaters, but lineker, Gazza, Physco, Barnes, Reed,Robson, Shilton etc etc were all commited and most of them were characters and very likable, so when we draw 1 all with Eygypt in 1990 group stage ( or was it 0-0) we still got to the semis, and we loved them, Waddle as wel,l even for missing the pen.. we were there with them....now even though I watched and cheered I didn't feel the same back from them...don't like em as people like as you say its not the same. :mellow::angry:

The players today , even at the amature level , are fitter than they've ever been and the pace of the game really is something but at the end of the day, there is way too much emphasis put on tactics, formations and such. It's killing the spirit of the game. I mean let's face it, if a manager can come up with the right defensive tactics on any given Saturday and get a result, then he can be assured of next England manager status for at least a fortnight :lol:

I can't believe Liverpool got Dalgliesh in, I'm a United fan so I can't wait to watch them slide

LpoolManUtd1803_468x649.jpg

Well give em a chance, they were playing the mighty Blackpool tonight, we couldn't expect them to be beating them yet with King Kenster just taking over, its going to take a while to reach such heights. <_<

I can't believe Liverpool got Dalgliesh in, I'm a United fan so I can't wait to watch them slide

Would that be Rotherham United, Leeds United or what....................Oh you must be a Manc Fan with a comment like that..How tedious.

edit....oh yeah, a manc fan from zomerzet...typical..............Froome United aint good enough for ya Furtaloizar.

Would that be Rotherham United, Leeds United or what....................Oh you must be a Manc Fan with a comment like that..How tedious.

edit....oh yeah, a manc fan from zomerzet...typical..............Frome United aint good enough for ya Furtaloizar.

Ah Bless is it all getting to you havig to presume and insult people. Oh another fan from Liverpoolish, how tedious, not that other clubs in the area have fans outside of where their from.

But does the person you are having a go at say that she supports Manchester United ?? no they said United and lets face it any United team of any town would want to see arragont Liverpool slide, although you could be and Everton fan, but Liverpool fans whoever they maybe tend to forget their is another club there. Tedious.

Ah Bless is it all getting to you havig to presume and insult people. Oh another fan from Liverpoolish, how tedious, not that other clubs in the area have fans outside of where their from.

But does the person you are having a go at say that she supports Manchester United ?? no they said United and lets face it any United team of any town would want to see arragont Liverpool slide, although you could be and Everton fan, but Liverpool fans whoever they maybe tend to forget their is another club there. Tedious.

It's not getting to me at all, it,s just a game. Yes He does say that/imply that he supports Man U. Where i come from my so called insult is tounge in cheek, just a bit of ribbing, banter..whatever you want to call it. Man United have more fans outside of Manchester than they do nearer home....Afterall who wants to support a bunch of hopeless local nobodys (Tranmere are more local-ish to me). Oh and Liverpool-ish is actually The Wirral which from where I live the other side of the River Mersey is about a 15/20 min drive from Liverpool......Maybe i should have used a few smileys.

It's not getting to me at all, it,s just a game. Yes He does say that/imply that he supports Man U. Where i come from my so called insult is tounge in cheek, just a bit of ribbing, banter..whatever you want to call it. Man United have more fans outside of Manchester than they do nearer home....Afterall who wants to support a bunch of hopeless local nobodys (Tranmere are more local-ish to me). Oh and Liverpool-ish is actually The Wirral which from where I live the other side of the River Mersey is about a 15/20 min drive from Liverpool......Maybe i should have used a few smileys.

So why is it tedious then ? they have a pic of a Manchester United player and say they support United, yet you say which United also implying that they presume they mean Manchetser, which you have already assumed it is, so thats your prob.

Your nearer to Tranmere , so you must support them then. Also both Manchester United and Liverpool have more fans outside of their respective cities than they do in them,I guess it might be true Manchetser United are probably the most supported club in the world, but I think Liverpool would also have millions around the world. Plus Manchester United Have more fans in Manchester than Manchster City do.

So yes their fans are all over the country, yet its been like that even when they were unsuccessful in the 1970's and 1980's, because in the last 20 years they are the most successful club in England people like to have ago at them.Thats cool as who cares, but get your facts right and not the myths.

So why is it tedious then ? they have a pic of a Manchester United player and say they support United, yet you say which United also implying that they presume they mean Manchetser, which you have already assumed it is, so thats your prob.

YOU'RE nearer to Tranmere , so you must support them then......................' If You Say So'................. Also both Manchester United and Liverpool have more fans outside of their respective cities than they do in them,...................'Yes I Know'...............I guess it might be true Manchetser United are probably the most supported club in the world,........................'Quite Right'................. but I think Liverpool would also have millions around the world......................'Also Right'........................ Plus Manchester United Have more fans in Manchester than Manchster City do.

So yes their fans are all over the country, yet its been like that even when they were unsuccessful in the 1970's and 1980's, because in the last 20 years they are the most successful club in England people like to have ago at them..................'I'm Not Having A Go At Anybody'...............Thats cool as who cares, but get your facts right....................'Eh'.................. and not the myths.....' :blink: '..................

You obviously do not understand dry humour. A bit like when some say (some) Americans don't understand irony.

You obviously do not understand dry humour. A bit like when some say (some) Americans don't understand irony.

Nah you can try and dress it up as that, I lived in Manchester and understand the rivalry we have. Anyway enough said...time to move on :rollin:

Nah you can try and dress it up as that, I lived in Manchester and understand the rivalry we have. Anyway enough said...time to move on :rollin:

I'm good with that.........Don't want to fall out with anyone over a silly game.. ;)

Archived