METALLICA

k5ymo

Just back from the first night that METALLICA played in Perth, Western Australia. First time I'd seen Metallica in what, 15 years?? since they played Donington Monsters of Rock.

What a great show they put on...they are getting better and better with age. Lars was outstanding.

Just wanted to share my METALLICA moment.

Hi k5ymo!

Glad that you liked the show!

I have seen them twice since last September, my oldest son has seen them 4 times since 2008, including their induction into The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2009. They are one of my favorites! I do think that they keep getting better with time!

They are at the end of their Death Magnetic tour. The final shows are in New Zealand, Austrailia, and Japan. This tour has been ongoing since the fall of 2008. They have had a great run! They must be making billions, LOL. But they are a hard working band and very dedicated to their fans. They want everyone to be able to have the opportunity to see them on this tour, that is why it has lasted for two years. My son feels like it may be a long while before they are out touring again. You never know. That's why he saw them so many times, he feels that he may not get the opportunity again.

Hi k5ymo!

Glad that you liked the show!

I have seen them twice since last September, my oldest son has seen them 4 times since 2008, including their induction into The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2009. They are one of my favorites! I do think that they keep getting better with time!

They are at the end of their Death Magnetic tour. The final shows are in New Zealand, Austrailia, and Japan. This tour has been ongoing since the fall of 2008. They have had a great run! They must be making billions, LOL. But they are a hard working band and very dedicated to their fans. They want everyone to be able to have the opportunity to see them on this tour, that is why it has lasted for two years. My son feels like it may be a long while before they are out touring again. You never know. That's why he saw them so many times, he feels that he may not get the opportunity again.

Hi...thanks for the cool reply. Metallica certainly pulled out all the stops and didn't look like a band going through the motions on the tail end of a 2 year sojourn!!

I took my boy along to the show too. He is 15. His first ever gig was KISS in 2004. Since then I've taken him to Metallica, AC/DC, Black Crowes, Iron Maiden...to name but a few. A proper little 'rock' chip off the old block. Need to blood him for Zeppelin though!!

Kind regards from sunny Perth, Western Australia

Kenny

• 3 weeks later...

Hi...thanks for the cool reply. Metallica certainly pulled out all the stops and didn't look like a band going through the motions on the tail end of a 2 year sojourn!!

I took my boy along to the show too. He is 15. His first ever gig was KISS in 2004. Since then I've taken him to Metallica, AC/DC, Black Crowes, Iron Maiden...to name but a few. A proper little 'rock' chip off the old block. Need to blood him for Zeppelin though!!

Kind regards from sunny Perth, Western Australia

Kenny

i like metallica , because : the first four records

the last 5 records

the brilliant live shows ( i saw them first 91` at monsters of rock in Basel (switzerland) and at that night they blown all away ! perfect show i was in the first line and after that show , my music life was different .

after led zeppelin , metallica is one of the best bands of all time

• 2 years later...

They were far from boring the first time I saw them. They were opening for Ozzy after the release of Master of Pupets, one of the craziest shows I've been too. Cliff had a wild solo during Anesthesia...by that point in '86 / '87 they were huge in the NYC tri state area..kill em all and ride the lightning were on the top of the play list at any highschool party, at least any party that mattered. The band came on stage to a heroes welcome and proceeded to bolw the doors off the Brendan Byrne Arena.

At that time,the band had no air play on thd radio and MTV had not been given a video to play until Justice's One.

The other shows I've seen since, 5 maybe 6 shows, never matched that intensity.

Edited by zepscoda

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Lang Lang, the internationally renowned classical pianist, will team up with the heavy-metal band Metallica at the 56th annual Grammy Awards ceremony scheduled to take place Jan. 26 at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles. The ceremony will be broadcast on CBS

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-lang-lang-metallica-grammy-awards-20140107,0,2125268.story#ixzz2qz9YILm5

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Metallica producer settles bass controversy 27 years later

http://news.yahoo.com/metallica-producer-settles-bass-controversy-27-years-later-104337220.html

:rolleyes: Oh that Lars...

Found this on Youtube haven't had time to listen yet, look pretty interesting though.

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

• 6 months later...

Interesting! They come in at the 23 second mark with the "wah-wahs" just as in the live Zeppelin '69 arrangement.

Since this was 1989, they would have had to have gotten this arrangement from a Zeppelin bootleg, no? I'm guessing also from a Dallas show 20 years prior. :)

Noice! :thumbsup:

A few months late, but here ya go.

Metallica celebrate Record Store Day with limited-edition tape

Read more: http://www.neverenoughnotes.co.uk/2015/03/metallica-celebrate-record-store-day-with-limited-edition-tape/#ixzz3nU3C8hhL 

Edited by Sathington Willoughby