Tribute bands

ms_zeppelin94

Zoso is the best Led Zep tribute band ive seen. Like the post above me said the singer doesnt sound much like Robert Plant but really thats asking alot now. But the 3 other guys are on par to play the Page,Bonham and JPP. If these guys come to your town i highly recommend that you go see this guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that link above ^^^.

I've been checking out some of the tribute bands on You/Tube, and am so impressed with Zeppelin Live (Australia).

I never thought I'd see a band come this close to Zep music, but this band does, imo. Grant does a fantastic job on vocals too.

Here's a clip of a portion of Kashmir.

Okay I hope this is alright to post on this forum but if any would like to come see my Led Zeppelin tribute band in the Washington DC, MD, VA area we are playing at the Rock Fish in Easport Annapolis, MD Saturday July 30th 2011 starting at 9pm till 1:30am. We are called Valhalla and I think we do quite a good job at presenting Zeppelin's live sound. anyone from this forum that shows up gets a round on the band! :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting that link above ^^^.

I've been checking out some of the tribute bands on You/Tube, and am so impressed with Zeppelin Live (Australia).

I never thought I'd see a band come this close to Zep music, but this band does, imo. Grant does a fantastic job on vocals too.

Here's a clip of a portion of Kashmir.

they are really good, i've seen them a few times. no fancy extras, just the 4 guys. and they are good blokes too. grant ( vocals ) is a member here, but he never posts.

I saw Led Zepagain awhile back and they were excellent. I think they recreate the complete setlists from particular shows. The night I saw them they played one of the 6/77 LA Forum sets.

Dazed and Confused is a tribute band in San Diego. I just saw them recently and they were also very good, definitely worth seeing.

Zoso used to play in this area (Eastern NC) pretty frequently and by all reports they were quite good. That said, I have no desire to see an imitation of a band no matter how good they may (or may not) be. I'd rather see these tribute bands channel their energy into something original.

I wrote some slightly harsh words but have deleted them before posting.

So, most politely and calmly......

Why does all music have to be original?

Even the Beatles did covers.

Elvis barely wrote anything at all.

I won't even start on the "borrowing" of a certain English heavy blues band.

Symphony orchestras bash out Mozart, and Beethoven etc and nobody complains.

It takes a hell of a lot of hard work and dedication to play three hours of Zeppelin. Why not dress up and make a show out of it? People like it.

Blow up doll ???? Bit harsh.

Rant over, there are a few bands mentioned that I didn't know about.

If you know of any website that is not on this list,

http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Music/Bands_and_Artists/L/Led_Zeppelin/Tribute_Bands/

I would be interested to know about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Letz Zep is a good tribute band in the UK so are a whole lotta led, though letz zep were better had such a great night at their show

The videos I have seen of Whole Lotta Led I would not go and see them if you paid me.

The band are OK but the singer is AWFUL. Sorry.

Speaking as an ex singer from another Zeppelin tribute I can honestly say, as far as UK Zep tributes go

The good ones are

Lets Zep,

Hats Off To Led Zeppelin,

Led By Zeppelin,

and Boot Led Zeppelin

Apart from them Ii haven't come across any others I would recommend. The vocals is what lets almost every Zep tribute down.

Not sure if my old band will be carrying on but I suspect not.

I wrote some slightly harsh words but have deleted them before posting.

So, most politely and calmly......

Why does all music have to be original?

Even the Beatles did covers.

Elvis barely wrote anything at all.

I won't even start on the "borrowing" of a certain English heavy blues band.

Symphony orchestras bash out Mozart, and Beethoven etc and nobody complains.

It takes a hell of a lot of hard work and dedication to play three hours of Zeppelin. Why not dress up and make a show out of it? People like it.

Blow up doll ???? Bit harsh.

Rant over, there are a few bands mentioned that I didn't know about.

If you know of any website that is not on this list,

http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Music/Bands_and_Artists/L/Led_Zeppelin/Tribute_Bands/

I would be interested to know about it.

The Beatles doing covers is a far cry from a band out there making a living by dressing up and playing the part of another band. As for Elvis barely writing any of his own material, nor did several other very prominent artists. Citing just one example, most of Johnny Cash's last recordings were all covers, that didn't take away from his originality as an artist because he had the uncanny knack of making other people's tunes his own. That goes as far back as his reading of Kris Kristofferson's "Sunday Morning Coming Down". And again, an artist doing covers is not the same as a band out there imitating another band. To each their own but it's simply not my thing. If I'm going out to see a band perform, I'm not forking my money over to see an imitation, I prefer original music.

Well the reason there are so many tribute bands around is because whilst a lot of people SAY they like original music, very few of them are willing to part with money to go and SEE original bands.

Yet hoards of people will turn up to see a band pretend to be another band.

I've been in original bands. The audience is usually made up of the other bands that are on the same bill.

You never get paid and unless you get signed you almost certainly never will.

Tributes on the other hand get paid reasonably well even if they are not that good.

But of course you are entitled to your opinon. :)

Well the reason there are so many tribute bands around is because whilst a lot of people SAY they like original music, very few of them are willing to part with money to go and SEE original bands.

Yet hoards of people will turn up to see a band pretend to be another band.

I've been in original bands. The audience is usually made up of the other bands that are on the same bill.

You never get paid and unless you get signed you almost certainly never will.

Tributes on the other hand get paid reasonably well even if they are not that good.

But of course you are entitled to your opinon. :)

Yep, tribute bands are very popular. I just don't care anything about seeing them. One notable exception is an event that's held locally called The Cover Up where local bands assume the persona of another artist. That's usually a lot of fun, especially when it's something completely unexpected. Like when The T's were Bryan Adams. Folks love to hate on Bryan Adams but everyone was singing along at the top of their lungs to "Summer of '69".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I guess this would qualify as a tribute band...sort of.

I just attended a sold-out performance of The Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra with Brent Havens conducting, accompanied by a 5 piece band fronted by New Orleans native, Randy Jackson (Zebra) performing The Music of Led Zeppelin!

I am very biased, but i can't think of a better singer than Randy Jackson to perform like this, it was so much fun!

Randy is a huge Zep fan and he still has absolutely awesome pipes!

He is so loved here that the concert was very intimate, like seeing him at Tips or somewhere ....but they do tour the country and are getting rave reviews! They have rock-show lighting, and even drop a mirror ball during the encore!!!

George Cintron (Cintron) is the guitarist, and he shreds!!!!

Powell Randolph is the drummer, his version of Moby Dick received a huge standing O!!!

At each tour-stop they always use local orchestras.

It was such a fun evening!! :)

Archived