The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

Despite the bagging we're getting in our media, the decision to bowl first wasn't a bad idea imo. A few quick wickets tomorrow and we can have Australia out for 270-280. Then it's time for our batsmen to do their job, as they didn't in the last Test! Get a big score and put pressure on! 

1 hour ago, 76229 said:

Despite the bagging we're getting in our media, the decision to bowl first wasn't a bad idea imo. A few quick wickets tomorrow and we can have Australia out for 270-280. Then it's time for our batsmen to do their job, as they didn't in the last Test! Get a big score and put pressure on! 

From what I hear we just didn't bowl well enough - again. Too short , just like the first test. Honours even me thinks? We must get wickets tomorrow and bat well.

Oh deary me. Another woeful display with the willow. Can't see any way we can even get a draw unless it pisses it down for the next 2 days. Oh how we miss Ben Stokes? Stupid ECB should have picked him. After all he was only giving a couple of homophobic bigots a good hammering. Now he is playing club cricket in New Zealand !!

Day / night tests are unpredictable because there haven't been many played so there is not much data available to make an educated analysis.

Over the last four days the match changed many times with similarities to both teams, and is on track to change yet again.

• Unusual toss win to bowl first.
  • Rain delays.
  • Australia scores 400+ runs.
  • England dismissed for less than the follow on requirement.
  • Australia dismissed cheaply.
  • England finds form with the bat.
  • DRS calls for and against both teams.

The trend for not forcing the follow on as in recent times may be reassessed from here on.

Should be an interesting days play.

History and statistics say England can't win but a result is possible and the pressure is squarely on them. Whether they can handle it remains to be seen.

England are in a position to win but Root needs to score a century and to not lose any batting partners, however, if he gets dismissed early it may well end as an Australian win or end up being a draw.

The latter options won't help England's Ashes campaign.

All in all a good contest and great test cricket.

29 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Bollocks. Collapse again. No confidence in their own ability I'm sorry to say. And, if you don't mind me saying, Australia are not that good.

I really hope this doesn't lead to a whitewash. 

At the moment they are better than England and that's all that matters.

If you don't mind me saying.....

2 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

At the moment they are better than England and that's all that matters.

If you don't mind me saying.....

Yes they are Reggie. I just don't understand why England are so poor. They really have to get it together for Perth as it's all over before Melbourne

7 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Guess you're all too jealous to comment

😜

OK Jules forgive me. I would love to be there which means i would be in your great Country. Oh the joys of blue skies, long necks of VB, the wonderful, friendly carefree people. Burke's Back Yard, Bush Tucker Man ( what did happen to Les?) Oceans of space and errrr Oceans.

It's just a pity ( though I seriously hope not) that the game could be a  dead rubber. I am sure you will have a wonderful time at the SCG anyway. B)

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

OK Jules forgive me. I would love to be there which means i would be in your great Country. Oh the joys of blue skies, long necks of VB, the wonderful, friendly carefree people. Burke's Back Yard, Bush Tucker Man ( what did happen to Les?) Oceans of space and errrr Oceans.

It's just a pity ( though I seriously hope not) that the game could be a  dead rubber. I am sure you will have a wonderful time at the SCG anyway. B)

Old Don is in a bit of trouble, think Harvey Weinstein.

As for Les, I think he ate a dodgy witchety grub and hasn't been heard of since!?