Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Reggie29

The Ashes Are On Again

Recommended Posts

Tomorrow the Day/Night Test in Adelaide starts.

Whoever wins the toss and bats will definitely have an advantage, especially at twilight before the lights take full effect.

Australia to win? We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the bagging we're getting in our media, the decision to bowl first wasn't a bad idea imo. A few quick wickets tomorrow and we can have Australia out for 270-280. Then it's time for our batsmen to do their job, as they didn't in the last Test! Get a big score and put pressure on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 76229 said:

Despite the bagging we're getting in our media, the decision to bowl first wasn't a bad idea imo. A few quick wickets tomorrow and we can have Australia out for 270-280. Then it's time for our batsmen to do their job, as they didn't in the last Test! Get a big score and put pressure on! 

From what I hear we just didn't bowl well enough - again. Too short , just like the first test. Honours even me thinks? We must get wickets tomorrow and bat well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 2, first session, England 2 wickets - Australia 97 runs.

Australia 6/306.

The pitch is starting to turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Day 2, first session, England 2 wickets - Australia 97 runs.

Australia 6/306.

The pitch is starting to turn.

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well what a crap day. The rain saved us, suspect if we'd had to bat under lights for another 15 overs we'd have finished the day something like 40-5. Gah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 76229 said:

Well what a crap day. The rain saved us, suspect if we'd had to bat under lights for another 15 overs we'd have finished the day something like 40-5. Gah!

...... in our 2nd innings;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh deary me. Another woeful display with the willow. Can't see any way we can even get a draw unless it pisses it down for the next 2 days. Oh how we miss Ben Stokes? Stupid ECB should have picked him. After all he was only giving a couple of homophobic bigots a good hammering. Now he is playing club cricket in New Zealand !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny game, Cricket.

I'll admit I was a little off with my assessment of the English bowlers. They should open the batting!?

This will be lucky to last four full days.

Stokes is on fire in NZ.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Funny game, Cricket.

I'll admit I was a little off with my assessment of the English bowlers. They should open the batting!?

This will be lucky to last four full days.

Stokes is on fire in NZ.....

Very funny game:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just 180 needed on the last day for a famous victory!!

Or I might have started on the Christmas beers early.... :flying:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow what a day? Smith not enforcing the follow on could be a major mistake? It could be all a dream/nightmare when we get up tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day / night tests are unpredictable because there haven't been many played so there is not much data available to make an educated analysis.

Over the last four days the match changed many times with similarities to both teams, and is on track to change yet again.

  • Unusual toss win to bowl first.
  • Rain delays.
  • Australia scores 400+ runs.
  • England dismissed for less than the follow on requirement.
  • Australia dismissed cheaply.
  • England finds form with the bat.
  • DRS calls for and against both teams.

The trend for not forcing the follow on as in recent times may be reassessed from here on.

Should be an interesting days play.

History and statistics say England can't win but a result is possible and the pressure is squarely on them. Whether they can handle it remains to be seen.

England are in a position to win but Root needs to score a century and to not lose any batting partners, however, if he gets dismissed early it may well end as an Australian win or end up being a draw.

The latter options won't help England's Ashes campaign.

All in all a good contest and great test cricket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:45 PM, Reggie29 said:

Brisbane. Check.

On to Adelaide. 

Adelaide. Check.

On to Perth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bollocks. Collapse again. No confidence in their own ability I'm sorry to say. And, if you don't mind me saying, Australia are not that good.

I really hope this doesn't lead to a whitewash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Bollocks. Collapse again. No confidence in their own ability I'm sorry to say. And, if you don't mind me saying, Australia are not that good.

I really hope this doesn't lead to a whitewash. 

At the moment they are better than England and that's all that matters.

If you don't mind me saying.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

At the moment they are better than England and that's all that matters.

If you don't mind me saying.....

Yes they are Reggie. I just don't understand why England are so poor. They really have to get it together for Perth as it's all over before Melbourne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2017 at 9:22 PM, slave to zep said:

Guess who's hubby won FOUR tickets to the pink test?

😆

Guess you're all too jealous to comment

😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Guess you're all too jealous to comment

😜

OK Jules forgive me. I would love to be there which means i would be in your great Country. Oh the joys of blue skies, long necks of VB, the wonderful, friendly carefree people. Burke's Back Yard, Bush Tucker Man ( what did happen to Les?) Oceans of space and errrr Oceans.

It's just a pity ( though I seriously hope not) that the game could be a  dead rubber. I am sure you will have a wonderful time at the SCG anyway. B)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Guess you're all too jealous to comment

😜

Is it for the whole test?

You'll have a good time Jules.

I went a couple of years ago and watched the game from a corporate box. Happy Days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

OK Jules forgive me. I would love to be there which means i would be in your great Country. Oh the joys of blue skies, long necks of VB, the wonderful, friendly carefree people. Burke's Back Yard, Bush Tucker Man ( what did happen to Les?) Oceans of space and errrr Oceans.

It's just a pity ( though I seriously hope not) that the game could be a  dead rubber. I am sure you will have a wonderful time at the SCG anyway. B)

 

Old Don is in a bit of trouble, think Harvey Weinstein.

As for Les, I think he ate a dodgy witchety grub and hasn't been heard of since!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just pink day, Reggie

CP hope you get to visit again one day.

P.S. it's  XXXX these days, not VB 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×