Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Reggie29

The Ashes Are On Again

Recommended Posts

In just over 24 hours the Perth test begins.

Should be a fast pitch and good weather too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

In just over 24 hours the Perth test begins.

Should be a fast pitch and good weather too.

Last test match at the WACA. Fitting if this is the one we find our form. One thing for sure. Moeen Ali won't be out on the piss ! Win the toss and have a bowl and bowl quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Woops, Crowley  out cheaply again!

Of course, Alistair ! You are a wag Jules:D. Honours even I think. Haven't a chance to look at the stats as i have just woken up. Bastard snow deep on the ground. I'll have to rescue Mrs CP's car - again:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent stuff from Malan and Bairstow. Gives us a foothold. We must press on tomorrow and bowl well. Rumours of bad weather Sunday and Monday could give the Aussies heart though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Perth. Check

Goodbye Ashes

A long way to go yet, CP.

Malan and Bairstow batted magnificently, the highest ever fifth wicket partnership against Australia. 

6 for 35 was disappointing for England.

Losing one of your strike bowlers hasn't helped the cause.

Has Cook played his last test? Perhaps.

Hopefully Smith will get another ton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Reggie29 said:

A long way to go yet, CP. But we have no confidence in both departments

Malan and Bairstow batted magnificently, the highest ever fifth wicket partnership against Australia. Agreed but a collapse again

6 for 35 was disappointing for England. Too right there Reggie

Losing one of your strike bowlers hasn't helped the cause. Ditto

Has Cook played his last test? Perhaps. They have no one else.

Hopefully Smith will get another ton. Hopefully not

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a triple and double ton in a test match innings. A record?

A declaration tomorrow at / by lunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Excellent stuff from Malan and Bairstow. Gives us a foothold. We must press on tomorrow and bowl well. Rumours of bad weather Sunday and Monday could give the Aussies heart though. 

Glad that’s the day I went to - day 2. Folks over from Liverpool so got tickets for me and my Dad. He loved it. His first test match in Australia. It was friggin hot 

7AFEDF78-68ED-4919-9D35-74BA6AE89F72.jpeg

1B8E581D-97BC-4A3C-BF8C-56CFAA57DD4C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Glad that’s the day I went to - day 2. Folks over from Liverpool so got tickets for me and my Dad. He loved it. His first test match in Australia. It was friggin hot 

7AFEDF78-68ED-4919-9D35-74BA6AE89F72.jpeg

1B8E581D-97BC-4A3C-BF8C-56CFAA57DD4C.jpeg

Nice!

Hubby and I  and two of his mates are going to pink day in Sydney ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Glad that’s the day I went to - day 2. Folks over from Liverpool so got tickets for me and my Dad. He loved it. His first test match in Australia. It was friggin hot 

7AFEDF78-68ED-4919-9D35-74BA6AE89F72.jpeg

1B8E581D-97BC-4A3C-BF8C-56CFAA57DD4C.jpeg

Great stuff man. That's the nearest I have got to actually seeing a ball being bowled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reggie29 said:

Ashes. Check.

On to Melbourne.

Yeah you caught me as i was typing Reggie. Fucking joke. Root should be sacked. No leadership throughout. Why leave Ben Stokes out? Innocent until proven eh? I know one man doesn't make the team but at least he has some fight in him. 

Nothing can come close to how fucking depressed I feel this morning. I live in a shit country with appalling weather and it's Christmas !! The time I hate the most. Dark, cold and seriously shit. It's times like these that all those years ago we should have stayed in Australia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Yeah you caught me as i was typing Reggie. Fucking joke. Root should be sacked. No leadership throughout. Why leave Ben Stokes out? Innocent until proven eh? I know one man doesn't make the team but at least he has some fight in him. 

Nothing can come close to how fucking depressed I feel this morning. I live in a shit country with appalling weather and it's Christmas !! The time I hate the most. Dark, cold and seriously shit. It's times like these that all those years ago we should have stayed in Australia

Come on CP, it's only a game.

I am sitting here dreading the 40°C forecast for tomorrow. 

I'd like a cold day right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

Come on CP, it's only a game.

I am sitting here dreading the 40°C forecast for tomorrow. 

I'd like a cold day right now!

:o. I know but so much optimism, so much deflation. Thankfully I didn't fork out the £20 odd monthly to watch such drivel.

40 degrees I know not much fun but believe me Jules at least the sky maybe blue and not permanently grey like it is here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

:o. I know but so much optimism, so much deflation. Thankfully I didn't fork out the £20 odd monthly to watch such drivel.

40 degrees I know not much fun but believe me Jules at least the sky maybe blue and not permanently grey like it is here. 

If it makes you feel any better, my life is a fuckin misery in work at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

If it makes you feel any better, my life is a fuckin misery in work at the moment 

Thanks Xolo. Enjoy your Christmas with your family. I suppose, as I work for myself and at home, I can't say it is ever miserable. Winter can be hard for me as it's so cold and I do get down at this time of year. Anyway Mrs CP finishes on Friday for a good break and we have chums to visit on Boxing Day so that will be good. Time to look for a winters break me thinks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hubby and I,  his brother and also hubby's best mate are off to the Sydney Cricket Ground in the morning  ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slave to zep said:

Hubby and I,  his brother and also hubby's best mate are off to the Sydney Cricket Ground in the morning  ☺

Have a great day Jules. Looks like you will witness another quality batting performance and dolly up garbage from our lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Have a great day Jules. Looks like you will witness another quality batting performance and dolly up garbage from our lot.

Thanks CP ☺

Had a great day. Got a bit sunburnt, though 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×