The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

11 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

In just over 24 hours the Perth test begins.

Should be a fast pitch and good weather too.

Last test match at the WACA. Fitting if this is the one we find our form. One thing for sure. Moeen Ali won't be out on the piss ! Win the toss and have a bowl and bowl quick.

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Perth. Check

Goodbye Ashes

A long way to go yet, CP.

Malan and Bairstow batted magnificently, the highest ever fifth wicket partnership against Australia. 

6 for 35 was disappointing for England.

Losing one of your strike bowlers hasn't helped the cause.

Has Cook played his last test? Perhaps.

Hopefully Smith will get another ton.

57 minutes ago, Reggie29 said:

A long way to go yet, CP. But we have no confidence in both departments

Malan and Bairstow batted magnificently, the highest ever fifth wicket partnership against Australia. Agreed but a collapse again

6 for 35 was disappointing for England. Too right there Reggie

Losing one of your strike bowlers hasn't helped the cause. Ditto

Has Cook played his last test? Perhaps. They have no one else.

Hopefully Smith will get another ton. Hopefully not

On 14/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Excellent stuff from Malan and Bairstow. Gives us a foothold. We must press on tomorrow and bowl well. Rumours of bad weather Sunday and Monday could give the Aussies heart though. 

Glad that’s the day I went to - day 2. Folks over from Liverpool so got tickets for me and my Dad. He loved it. His first test match in Australia. It was friggin hot 

7AFEDF78-68ED-4919-9D35-74BA6AE89F72.jpeg

1B8E581D-97BC-4A3C-BF8C-56CFAA57DD4C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Glad that’s the day I went to - day 2. Folks over from Liverpool so got tickets for me and my Dad. He loved it. His first test match in Australia. It was friggin hot 

7AFEDF78-68ED-4919-9D35-74BA6AE89F72.jpeg

1B8E581D-97BC-4A3C-BF8C-56CFAA57DD4C.jpeg

Great stuff man. That's the nearest I have got to actually seeing a ball being bowled. 

Just now, Reggie29 said:

Ashes. Check.

On to Melbourne.

Yeah you caught me as i was typing Reggie. Fucking joke. Root should be sacked. No leadership throughout. Why leave Ben Stokes out? Innocent until proven eh? I know one man doesn't make the team but at least he has some fight in him. 

Nothing can come close to how fucking depressed I feel this morning. I live in a shit country with appalling weather and it's Christmas !! The time I hate the most. Dark, cold and seriously shit. It's times like these that all those years ago we should have stayed in Australia

Yeah you caught me as i was typing Reggie. Fucking joke. Root should be sacked. No leadership throughout. Why leave Ben Stokes out? Innocent until proven eh? I know one man doesn't make the team but at least he has some fight in him. 

Nothing can come close to how fucking depressed I feel this morning. I live in a shit country with appalling weather and it's Christmas !! The time I hate the most. Dark, cold and seriously shit. It's times like these that all those years ago we should have stayed in Australia

Come on CP, it's only a game.

I am sitting here dreading the 40°C forecast for tomorrow. 

I'd like a cold day right now!

36 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

Come on CP, it's only a game.

I am sitting here dreading the 40°C forecast for tomorrow. 

I'd like a cold day right now!

:o. I know but so much optimism, so much deflation. Thankfully I didn't fork out the £20 odd monthly to watch such drivel.

40 degrees I know not much fun but believe me Jules at least the sky maybe blue and not permanently grey like it is here. 

:o. I know but so much optimism, so much deflation. Thankfully I didn't fork out the £20 odd monthly to watch such drivel.

40 degrees I know not much fun but believe me Jules at least the sky maybe blue and not permanently grey like it is here. 

If it makes you feel any better, my life is a fuckin misery in work at the moment 

8 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

If it makes you feel any better, my life is a fuckin misery in work at the moment 

Thanks Xolo. Enjoy your Christmas with your family. I suppose, as I work for myself and at home, I can't say it is ever miserable. Winter can be hard for me as it's so cold and I do get down at this time of year. Anyway Mrs CP finishes on Friday for a good break and we have chums to visit on Boxing Day so that will be good. Time to look for a winters break me thinks?

• 3 weeks later...