The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, slave to zep said:

Hey CP, are you able to watch any of the matches this time?

I get to watch the start (8pm here) but have to go to bed by 10 to get up at 5am for work.

Hi Jules. Hope your OK?

Sure are. Frustrating this series as it's crammed into 6 weeks at the end of the summer. Finally balanced this one but I think the weather will be the winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Chilli, unfortunately I abandoned Cricket decades ago. Lost interest. As a kid it was great when England and the West indies legends toured - and One Day matches were the big new exciting thing. I outgrew it long ago, so no f_cks given from this non-tragic.

So good luck! I hope you go well (but go the Aussies!)

5 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Best fight back ever....congrats Chilli

Should be a cracker next week in my home City. Whilst I sympathise with the Aussies with that LBW decision, it just added to the drama. It doesn't help Tim Payne whingeing about it. Get over it man and move on !

Edited by chillumpuffer

15 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Should be a cracker next week in my home City. Whilst I sympathise with the Aussies with that LBW decision, it just added to the drama. It doesn't help Tim Payne whingeing about it. Get over it man and move on !

Yeah, totally agree.

Are you going to any of the matches?

2 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Yeah, totally agree.

Are you going to any of the matches?

Unfortunately Jules the test at Old Trafford has been sold out many months ago - not surprised though. A ticket was eye wateringly expensive. I will miss most of this one as me and Mrs CP are going golfing Friday/Saturday. Will be able to watch first 2 days

You would have to pay me to go to London for the last one. Dangerous place to go and I haven't won the lottery :D

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Unfortunately Jules the test at Old Trafford has been sold out many months ago - not surprised though. A ticket was eye wateringly expensive. I will miss most of this one as me and Mrs CP are going golfing Friday/Saturday. Will be able to watch first 2 days

You would have to pay me to go to London for the last one. Dangerous place to go and I haven't won the lottery :D

Ah, I see.

So at least you can watch it on tv this time😊

We can only watch the first 2 hours and then off to bed, I  have to get up at 5am for work.

12 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Haha there you go again about London!!! 😀

Just goes to show what a fucking joke it is to have an Ashes Test Match in England in September. It's not just Manchester that has this weather. It's countrywide

The ECB should be ashamed at the way this is being commentated on by Shane Warne and Nasser Hussein. " wind chill of -10  degrees" "How can anyone live here??" It was the ECB that arranged a test match in the north of England in Autumn. For something this important in Cricket to cram 5 test into around 6 weeks is a fucking joke.

Then again........................ isn't the World Cup (football) in Qatar in the summer?

14 hours ago, slave to zep said:

😍

Onya, boys!

Yes congrats to the Aussies. One man Steven Smith. He was the X factor in the series. No surprise the test they lost was because he wasn't playing. For England? Not good enough and they looked very ordinary and scared of the opposition. 

Just goes to show the difference in white/red ball cricket. We will learn from this but until we change the opening batters then we will continue to struggle. On to the Oval which will be a (Smith) run feast bore draw.