The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

Congratulations England. Well deserved. You out-played us in every way - out-batted, out-bowled, out-fielded, out-captained even out-selected! IMO 3-1 was a fair scoreline for the series. Hope we can return the favour in 2013 :unsure:

Well we did break some records, good to know aussie's do not hold a grudge....:)

Well we did break some records, good to know aussie's do not hold a grudge....:)

This has to be one of if not the best assembled side England have had, but we will only see that next year with India, then South Africa the year after. What a year with us winning the 20/20 world Cup, this and now we must set our sites at being number one, and for once I don't think its idle talk. I think the Aussies have an ok side really, I read some Aussie press from just before it statred saying why we wouldn't regain the Ashes...love it when the press get iit wrong.

The one dayers should be fun.

Ok and appologies but hey its been a long time, but the jokes are flying in thick and fast today.....What do you call an Aussie handling a bat ????..........A vet.....boom boom, ...will duck for cover right now as the missle get fired in the direction of England.

Ok and appologies but hey its been a long time, but the jokes are flying in thick and fast today.....What do you call an Aussie handling a bat ????..........A vet.....boom boom, ...will duck for cover right now as the missle get fired in the direction of England.

All wight then Leddy Aussie jokes is it?

Q. What do you call an Aussie with a bottle of Champagne?

A. A waiter.

Don't worry all my Aussie fiends, twill not last, I'm certain it was just a blip, Australia will be back at the crease in no time at all knocking England for six, over and over again, so "NO WORRIES HEY BRUCE" and good luck.

Regards, Danny

All wight then Leddy Aussie jokes is it?

Q. What do you call an Aussie with a bottle of Champagne?

A. A waiter.

Don't worry all my Aussie fiends, twill not last, I'm certain it was just a blip, Australia will be back at the crease in no time at all knocking England for six, over and over again, so "NO WORRIES HEY BRUCE" and good luck.

Regards, Danny

Yeh I heard that one too lol :)

Good one fellas!

Q: What is the difference between an Australian fielder and a condom?

A: One drops a catch and the other catches a drop.

Make the most of it for the next 18 months or so until we go over there and we'll see who has the last laugh! :P

Well done to the Poms and it must make a nice change to be winners again particularly away from home, finally, after 20 odd years.

Don't get too carried away, SA will be hard to beat anywhere and India aren't pushovers either with their "concrete" pitches and they play well away too.

Complacency can be as big a factor in winning or losing, just as much as the opposition.

Good luck and remember we will be watching you!

Good one fellas!

Make the most of it for the next 18 months or so until we go over there and we'll see who has the last laugh! :P

Well done to the Poms and it must make a nice change to be winners again particularly away from home, finally, after 20 odd years.

Don't get too carried away, SA will be hard to beat anywhere and India aren't pushovers either with their "concrete" pitches and they play well away too.

Complacency can be as big a factor in winning or losing, just as much as the opposition.

Nice one, I do think with this set up that complacency isn't an option with England this time. Greatness is only achieved 5 years from now and if we are consistant,

You went over and beat S.A last year didn't you in S.A ?

Good one fellas!

LOL I'll take that as a grudging "congratulations".

Thanks anyway.

Now we'll see if the Aussie fans will still get behind their team like the Barmy Army consistently got behind England during the crap years.

LOL I'll take that as a grudging "congratulations".

Thanks anyway.

Now we'll see if the Aussie fans will still get behind their team like the Barmy Army consistently got behind England during the crap years.

Always.

The media well, they are another matter.

What a great 20/20 match yesterday, thought we had blown it once Morgan was out, but just got over the line by a hairs breath. Next one on fri. :)

I'm more of a Test cricket fan, but I did enjoy the 20/20 match yesterday. Pity about the result though. We can't take a trick at the moment.

We'll be back, but in the meantime you can have another laugh or two at our expense. These jokes are doing the rounds here at the moment. :D

The Australian bobsleigh team have asked the Aussie cricket team for

a meeting. They want to ask their advice about going downhill so

fast!

What’s the difference between Ricky Ponting and a funeral director? A

funeral director doesn’t keep losing the ashes.

Of everyone in the Aussie team, who spends the most time at the crease?

The woman who irons their cricket whites.

What’s the height of optimism? An Aussie batsman putting on

sunscreen.

What is the main function of the Australia coach? To transport the team

from the hotel to the ground.

On his way out into the middle to bat, Ricky Ponting gets a call from

his wife and teammate Michael Hussey tells her he’s heading out to the

middle. His wife replies: “I’ll hold, he won’t be long!”

What’s the difference between an Aussie batsman and a Formula 1 car?

Nothing! If you blink you’ll miss them both.

Who has the easiest job in the Australian squad? The guy who removes

the red ball marks from the bats.

What do Aussie batsmen and drug addicts have in common? Both spend most

of their time wondering where their next score will come from.

What did the spectator miss when he went to the toilet? The entire

Australian innings.

What’s the Australian version of LBW? Lost, Beaten, Walloped.

What does Ricky Ponting put in his hands to make sure the next ball is

almost certainly going to be a wicket? A bat.

What do you call a cricket field full of Australians ? A vacant lot.

Congratulations England on retaining the Ashes,well played.

So,we got done by one run last night in the 20/20 :blink: jeez 'eh,good game though.

Ah well,more cricket to come.:guns::beer::D

Its just been a golden time for us really in the last 5 years or so, 3 ashes win out of 4, 20/20 world champs and now the record of 8 straight victories in 20/20. Think we willl bask in it while it all lasts.

looking forward to the next one, hope it goes to the wire again, edge of the seat time .

Its just been a golden time for us really in the last 5 years or so, 3 ashes win out of 4, 20/20 world champs and now the record of 8 straight victories in 20/20. Think we willl bask in it while it all lasts.

looking forward to the next one, hope it goes to the wire again, edge of the seat time .

I think changing your attacking has worked well for the team Leddy.The whole English approach has changed,so we'll have to try to counter that.We got over England last night, though we would have been stuffed if a six was pulled out on the last ball.;)

I think changing your attacking has worked well for the team Leddy.The whole English approach has changed,so we'll have to try to counter that.We got over England last night, though we would have been stuffed if a six was pulled out on the last ball.;)

Yes I think so, the six we scored in the last over was great and as you say if he we had done it again on the last ball, now the one day matches, I heard Alistar Cook on the radio today as he is back here, he was saying he is gutted not being included in the one day matches as he is plying so well, but thats the difference with us at last, he said "they want to be number one in the world" and I actually believe him. Its the wanting to play every game in each version of the game. I wonder if there is another major world sport that has 3 versions of the game, they are all good for different reasons.

Thing is we learnt from you guys about academies and stuff and its showing now.

Yes he was, its a different mind set for one dayers though as apposed to Test matches.

True but until recently we always approached Tests with that one day mentality, that is, get runs from the first ball and put pressure on the bowlers and the Poms have adopted the same attitude and turned it all around in the last two series.

The next few games will be interesting given they will be the toughest lead up games for both teams going into the world cup in the West Indies.

The pressure will be on Australia where every team will lift to avoid us winning a fourth straight title.

True but until recently we always approached Tests with that one day mentality, that is, get runs from the first ball and put pressure on the bowlers and the Poms have adopted the same attitude and turned it all around in the last two series.

The next few games will be interesting given they will be the toughest lead up games for both teams going into the world cup in the West Indies.

The pressure will be on Australia where every team will lift to avoid us winning a fourth straight title.

See you in the final.

Watson was brilliant.

Where was this a month ago!?

i used to watch test cricket as a little girl, believe it or not!

we only had the abc and one other local tv station, and having no sisters and two older brothers, i didn't have much of a choice! but i did actually grow to like it quite a lot. i am talking in the late 60's to about 77 or so.

loads loves his cricket, so i have started watching it again, and i really enjoyed the two 20/20 matches. really exciting stuff, right down to the last bowl.

can't wait for the next one!

• 2 years later...