The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

Well done Agar . But from now on can we trade "pithy" replies Slave, It's tradition.....

:)

i couldn't stay awake last night to watch very much. i think i lasted about an hour before i had to hit the sack ( i have work at 6 am today ). we still have a faint hope ......

Great test match. Some dodgy decisions, hot weather, a debutant nearly making a century ( albeit he was stumped on 6) blatant cheating by Broad, a nail biting finish today. I think England have the upper hand or will there be a twist? I will miss it today as I'm golfing.

Game on. And who ever said Test cricket was boring?

Edited by chillumpuffer

Plenty of on field drama and the match is in the balance, slightly tipped in favour of the Poms.

The way it has played out, who knows what'll happen today?

As long as it doesn't rain (I haven't seen the forecast as yet). This test match deserves to have a winner one way or another and I don't think anyone would begrudge either side taking it out and not fizzle out into a draw.

One thing I do know is, these late nights are finally over tonight! At least until the next test.

A well done and hard luck to the Aussies. A classic test which sets up the summer. I am not a fan of the DRS, which played a huge part, rightly or wrongly, in this match. I still feel that the Aussies batting is a little fragile and England's bowlers are far too good, especially when we get to the hard turning pitch at Old Trafford. Yes you may have found a star in Agar but remember he was picked to be your spinner which he didn't really do.

Game on this Thursday at Lords. A ground the Aussies like but you must win the toss and bat well. Forecast for the whole game is Scorchio

A well done and hard luck to the Aussies. A classic test which sets up the summer. I am not a fan of the DRS, which played a huge part, rightly or wrongly, in this match. I still feel that the Aussies batting is a little fragile and England's bowlers are far too good, especially when we get to the hard turning pitch at Old Trafford. Yes you may have found a star in Agar but remember he was picked to be your spinner which he didn't really do.

Game on this Thursday at Lords. A ground the Aussies like but you must win the toss and bat well. Forecast for the whole game is Scorchio

agreed with all of this ^

we are missing warner ....

A 50/50 day yesterday. My suggestion of the Aussies winning the toss and batting well was flawed on both counts. England made a complete waste of a good pitch and perfect conditions for batting. We need at least 350 and hope the fragility of the Aussies batting shows itself. I personally doubt it though this time. Looks like though the pitch will offer spin. It maybe our saving grace

I don't know about you but I miss the timeless words " Morning Ritchie"

A 50/50 day yesterday. My suggestion of the Aussies winning the toss and batting well was flawed on both counts. England made a complete waste of a good pitch and perfect conditions for batting. We need at least 350 and hope the fragility of the Aussies batting shows itself. I personally doubt it though this time. Looks like though the pitch will offer spin. It maybe our saving grace

I don't know about you but I miss the timeless words " Morning Ritchie"

hi there cp

yes, i have said the same thing .... where's ritchie! actually there's been no aussie commentaters at all, except for warnie last night for a short time ...

oh dear! what a sad story .... terrible batting from us. and to discover ( i went to bed and missed all the action ) this morning about the use ( miss-use! ) of the referral system .... oh dear .....

well done poms.

we have to get better.

can't get much worse!

Not a great cricket fan , but my sister is wages clerk at Yorkshire CCC , she keeps promising me she'll get me a signed photograph of Ryan Sidebottom ,but then " forgets " , I remember his dad Arnie also played for Yorkshire and played soccer for Man Utd

Not a great cricket fan , but my sister is wages clerk at Yorkshire CCC , she keeps promising me she'll get me a signed photograph of Ryan Sidebottom ,but then " forgets " , I remember his dad Arnie also played for Yorkshire and played soccer for Man Utd

Is that the chap who looks like the singer...?