The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

Shame for the fans but not entirely surprising. The rain swept in last evening and it hasn't stopped since. So the draw helps England retain The Ashes. Australia played really well, albeit on a bat friendly wicket but the runs were posted and that's what counts. I didn't watch the fiasco of the light issue but from what has been said it seems ridiculous to me to have floodlights on and them going off for bad light !! There should be an extra day should rain intervene because tomorrow is forecasted to be dryer and warmer.

I must say the planning of this series is a bit strange. Why not start in June when the weather can be more dryer than August? For sure the next test in Durham on Thursday is looking decidedly dodgy with rain forecasted again.

The true test will come over the Aussie summer this year, as you can show how far the team as progressed in far more favourable conditions. Should be a cracker

Edited by chillumpuffer

Shame for the fans but not entirely surprising. The rain swept in last evening and it hasn't stopped since. So the draw helps England retain The Ashes. Australia played really well, albeit on a bat friendly wicket but the runs were posted and that's what counts. I didn't watch the fiasco of the light issue but from what has been said it seems ridiculous to me to have floodlights on and them going off for bad light !! There should be an extra day should rain intervene because tomorrow is forecasted to be dryer and warmer.

I must say the planning of this series is a bit strange. Why not start in June when the weather can be more dryer than August? For sure the next test in Durham on Thursday is looking decidedly dodgy with rain forecasted again.

The true test will come over the Aussie summer this year, as you can show how far the team as progressed in far more favourable conditions. Should be a cracker

it's a shame that so many dodgy decisions were made during this test....

looking forward to the next time in australia :)

So, Australia 527 declared.

England 294 for 7 overnight, needing 34 more to avoid the follow on, and that target will be absolutely critical to the outcome of this match.

Even if England does make 328 and beyond though, Australia will still have a huge first innings lead, and it looks like only rain can help England now.

looks like we are on a roll now .... :)

when i first turned on the tele for the telecast to start, i was still busy in the kitchen, but i heard a familiar sound ..... " is that kasmir ? ' yes! they were using kashmir - the godzilla version as the intro music, cool!

then a few minutes into the match, i see a guy with a led zeppelin t-shirt on, cool!

then a few minutes later i see a group holding a banner with the name of my home town, VERY COOL! :)

A good days play yesterday. Well done Shaney boy a timely knock, albeit on a friendly track with some more than friendly bowling from 2 debutants. England's selection baffled me for sure? Didn't understand picking 2 second rate players whilst the Ashes returns to the land of plenty in the winter. Made more sense bringing in Tremlett, who at 6 ft something, would have got more out of the pitch, and Monty who has won oodles of respect for pissing on a nightclub bouncer whilst slightly inebriated, would have got more turn.

Still plenty to play for and I'm sure the Aussies would like to go out on a high.

Take that Hussain. Good old southern boy Nasser had a dig at Sir IT Botham yesterday, as the sun shone. "Still raining up North Beef?" Old "know it all" preceded to gloat how London's weather is great blah blah blah and that it would remain so for the 5 days with temperatures reaching the high 70's.

Ha. The sun is shining up here Nas. Been quite glorious today. The washing is drying in a warm breeze and the current bun is shimmering in a blue sky. Now let's take a peak down south. Oh deary me. What's this I see? The covers are on. Come on Nasser what's going on man? Take your prejudices and shove them where the sun don't shine. London obviously :depressed:

• 1 month later...

G'day Possums. It's on again !! I see the Poms have arrived in Perth. Weird, I can almost here the cheers of this summer and it seems that in a months time the 1st test begins at the Gabba.

Prediction time:

England to win 4-1 ( i'll give you the Perth test)

We'll see how the Poms handle 35C+ as it's going to be a long hot summer with not much chance of any draws due to lack of rain.

David Warner is playing himself into some form too, 191 in the OD Ryobi Cup semi final a couple of days ago to get NSW into the final.

England have it all ahead of them.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

What's the forecast Reggie? And what is the feeling down under? Clarke seems to be dithering and you still have yet to name your side. We look pretty strong now KP and Prior have been passed fit.

Tis a pity we who do not subscribe to Murdoch TV won't see a ball bowled as there are no highlights on free to air TV ANYWHERE. In fact most people don't even know it's on. I will get a stream on the net for highlights in the morning.

Good luck to both sides

What's the forecast Reggie? And what is the feeling down under? Clarke seems to be dithering and you still have yet to name your side. We look pretty strong now KP and Prior have been passed fit.

Tis a pity we who do not subscribe to Murdoch TV won't see a ball bowled as there are no highlights on free to air TV ANYWHERE. In fact most people don't even know it's on. I will get a stream on the net for highlights in the morning.

Good luck to both sides

Sunny and 30C.

Quietly confident. The toss will be important.

I think KP is a bit sus as is Shane Watson.

Try this link.

http://cricket.watchcriclive.com/the-ashes-2013-14/10