The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

2-0.

England showed glimpses of hope and if they take that form to Perth, post a decent first innings score and not throw their wickets away, then we may have a good contest.

They have plenty of runs in them but their bowlers haven't adapted to the pitches, so far.

I don't know what people are complaining about with all the comments about taking it to the last day.

Cynical reponses about only in it for the money etc.

Test matches are supposed to go for 5 days and regarless of wheter your side is winning or losing it is better than a test finishing within a few days, IMO.

When you can shut the Barmy Army up, then you know you're on top.

Loving the Cricket!

Looks like England will play 4 seamers. To be fair to them it's the batsman that need a wake up call. Let's hope we win the toss, bowl first and DON'T drop the chances that come our way. Good night to you down under from up here

Back at ya!

Let's hope it goes the distance.

Hey Cat, how's it shakin'!?

Good thanks Reggie. Although it'll be a different story tomorrow, because i'm driving up to Sydney for a few days. I'm not looking forward to facing the pre christmas idiot drivers on the highways and then the masses of shoppers, let alone trying to find parking spots at this time of year. You'll know these shopping centre's i'm going to and will understand - Westfield Parramatta, Top Ryde, Macquarie Centre North Ryde and if i'm still alive and sane, into the city and Paddy's ............. aarrgghhhhhhhhhh ..... I must be crazy!

So I also hope the test in Perth goes the distance, because i'll be missing most of it while i'm up there. Hopefully the tv coverage will run into the evenings because of the time difference and then I can watch ...... while i'm soaking my feet and replenishing my sanity with some wine.

Oh ..... and can you please not put on a stinking hot weekend for me up there :D

Very disappointed again. Well down to Smithy a good knock in oven conditions. Can't see any way back for us as I predicted. My guess you will bat us out of the game and knock us over twice. A whole sale clear-out is in order and the age of Aussie dominance could be on the cards.

i was worried when Bailey went for so little, but we came back well with Smith and Haddin.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/cricket/ashes-steve-smiths-century-saves-australias-day/story-fnkc9h32-1226782445306

G'day Possums. It's on again !! I see the Poms have arrived in Perth. Weird, I can almost here the cheers of this summer and it seems that in a months time the 1st test begins at the Gabba.

Prediction time:

England to win 4-1 ( i'll give you the Perth test)

You have no history of jinxing things, or wishing someone good luck as they boarded the Titanic?

Making predictions is always fraught with danger.

Johnson gone without scoring.

Smith out for 111.

I expect Australia to bat until lunch and declare at about 400-450, assuming England don't bowl us out first and Clarke putting England into face a hard flat deck in very HOT conditions conducive to fast and swing bowling.

Smith out for 111.

I expect Australia to bat until lunch and declare at about 400-450, assuming England don't bowl us out first and Clarke putting England into face a hard flat deck in very HOT conditions conducive to fast and swing bowling.

Smith out for 111.

You are enjoying this..... :ahhh:

Edited by Cecil.

I met some ladies from Sydney the other day and when I asked them about their team's progress in the Ashes, they blanched and shrieked in terror. They told me they LOATHED cricket and one of the many things they loved about America was getting away from cricket and hearing about it non-stop. :lol:

Anyway, I have a question...weren't the Ashes back in August in England? Now they're already playing the Aussie Ashes? When did the schedule them back-to-back so soon?

And a question for Whoopie: England beat Australia in the Ashes held on England soil. Now it looks like the Aussies will hold serve in Oz. How does that constitute the death of English cricket? Both teams merely defended their home turf...seems like a draw to me, with neither country's cricket better or worse than the other.

I met some ladies from Sydney the other day and when I asked them about their team's progress in the Ashes, they blanched and shrieked in terror. They told me they LOATHED cricket and one of the many things they loved about America was getting away from cricket and hearing about it non-stop. :lol:

Anyway, I have a question...weren't the Ashes back in August in England? Now they're already playing the Aussie Ashes? When did the schedule them back-to-back so soon?

And a question for Whoopie: England beat Australia in the Ashes held on England soil. Now it looks like the Aussies will hold serve in Oz. How does that constitute the death of English cricket? Both teams merely defended their home turf...seems like a draw to me, with neither country's cricket better or worse than the other.

cricket isn't every ones cup of tea - just like some hate basketball, soccer ..... whoopie and i are obviously more high-brow than the women you meet - we don't have short attention spans ..... :lol:

dunno about whoopie, but i am the only girl with 2 older brothers, and growing up the cricket was on the telly a lot, and i got to know a bit about it.

of course it also helps to have a husband who plays cricket and has done since he was 8 .....

each ashes series is a best of 5 tests. if you won them last time, you retain them.

the real ashes are kept always in London....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ashes

the ashes tests are so close together because of the olympics in 2012, and the world cup in 2015.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2010-11/content/current/story/498610.html

edited to add : i don't know why some of my post is in bold ...... :wacko:

Edited by slave to zep