Alice Cooper Says Jimmy Has 'The Only Honest Hair In Rock'

kenog

Here's a brief excerpt from an interview with Alice Cooper. The relevant part is highlighted.

My dad had silver hair at 40 -I would probably have the same if it wasn't for Clairol

The Sun (London); Nov 24, 2010; p. 35 Full Text:

( Copyright © News Group Newspapers Limited 2010)

EACH week our no-nonsense (and frankly eccentric) Mistress Of Modern Manners quizzes a nervous celebrity about ethics and standards.

Here, rock legend ALICE COOPER is grilled about his skincleansing routine, what makes him blush and stretchy trousers.

WE share a love of make-up, Alice, though I hope mine is a little more subtle. Clogged pores can be a nightmare. Are you scrupulous about removing it all at bedtime?

I never remove it. If you looked good the night before, why not wake up looking good? NO one will ever see Betty Brisk's real hair colour. I plan to dye until I die. How about you? Ever tempted to go grey and get a short back and sides?

My father had a full mane of silver hair when he was 40 -- it was magnificent. I would probably have the same hair if it wasn't for Clairol. Jimmy Page has the only honest hair in rock and roll.

yeh......his radio show can be quite interesting.........lost of great 70s stuff at times

Yeah, he plays some great stuff that you normally wouldn't hear otherwise. I never realized how witty & funny he was until I started listening to his show.

I was watching Shine a Light last night and wondering why Mick didn't have grey hair jumping around that stage at his age. Sure enough, he colors it.

But Mick colors his hair a lovely, natural-looking brown, it suits him very well. I wouldn't like to see Jagger go au natural, with gray hair and maybe [shudders] patchy baldness. Jumpin' Jack Flash has to retain his youthfulness.

• 2 months later...

I admire Jimmy for letting his hair go natural. He was getting grey as far back as 1984-when you see close up photos.

I think it was in Q magazine around '97-'98 that I read Jimmy saying he wished he had cut his hair short ten years earlier. The answer was to what he regretted.

I think Jimmy Page looks terrific with his naturally white hair.

In this clip you have 2 younger guys, but Jimmy still steals the show IMO with his looks and charming personality.

Oh, it doesn't hurt watching him make those trademark moves to "Kashmir" either, lol....................;) missy

• 1 month later...

I admire Jimmy for letting his hair go natural. He was getting grey as far back as 1984-when you see close up photos.

I think it was in Q magazine around '97-'98 that I read Jimmy saying he wished he had cut his hair short ten years earlier. The answer was to what he regretted.

Great look for Page in IMGL, good hair, good clothes. That's the attention to clothes detail he used to have!

I would have liked it if he had cut his hair short just once during Zeppelin. That is to see what it would have looked like, above the ears. That may have gone well with a sharp tailored suit like he had worn onstage.

Archived