LED ZEPPELIN ON GLEE

catherine96

111 members have voted

1. 1. Zep on Glee good/bad

• Don't know what Glee is (you're lucky)
    • Don't care
    • Good bringing music to new generation
    • AHH THEY'LL RUIN IT WITH THEIR POP TEEN VOICES
    • Doesn't matter Zep will never agree to it

I heard some rumors from my friends who are fans of the show Glee, that they are concidering airing an episode where the teen idol cast sings zeppelin songs as a "tribute", I personally am a little pissed, cause I'm a hater. Wanted to see what you all thought!

I have gotten kind of hooked on Glee :bagoverhead: I enjoyed the episodes about Lady Gaga, Britney and Madonna. Even Rocky Horror. But Zeppelin would be sacrilege <_< (as would most any other genuine rock band). How about they do Cher or Rihanna (or Katy Perry?) instead?

I heard some rumors from my friends who are fans of the show Glee, that they are concidering airing an episode where the teen idol cast sings zeppelin songs as a "tribute", I personally am a little pissed, cause I'm a hater. Wanted to see what you all thought!

Just a general sort of hater, a teen hater, a Zeppelin hater, a Glee hater . . ?

If the last, seems odd to object to them doing a tribute to a band we love. You don't have to watch it, after all. It would be different if they were doing a "Zeppelin sucks" episode. ;)

Just a general sort of hater, a teen hater, a Zeppelin hater, a Glee hater . . ?

If the last, seems odd to object to them doing a tribute to a band we love. You don't have to watch it, after all. It would be different if they were doing a "Zeppelin sucks" episode. ;)

To anwser your question I'm a Glee/popculture hater, just kidding, I don't have a major issue with Glee. I just thought it was odd that a mainstream teen show would concider a tribute to a band that is fourty years old, althought I love them and am a teenager I'm an inacurate representaion of one. Hmmm what would a "Zeppelin Sucks" episode consist of I don't even want to think about it.

To anwser your question I'm a Glee/popculture hater, just kidding, I don't have a major issue with Glee. I just thought it was odd that a mainstream teen show would concider a tribute to a band that is fourty years old, althought I love them and am a teenager I'm an inacurate representaion of one. Hmmm what would a "Zeppelin Sucks" episode consist of I don't even want to think about it.

Well, I think you'll find lots of teenagers here and elsewhere that love Zeppelin. :) Or at least wear the shirts.

I think it would bring Zeppelin to a generation of kids who might not have considered listening to their music because they may not have been aware of them. For them to consider a tribute show may not be so bad. Youtube is full of not so nice renditions of Zeppelin songs. You know if they decide to do this, most of us here will be glued to the show to see how it goes. :D

Glee does Zep..... ? ? ? ?

Nope....try Queen... they'll do it, so would Aerosmith....

Zep are too cool for Glee.

Apparently they recently used Losing My Religion for an episode. I haven't seen it (nor do I have any desire to) but it doesn't make me think any less of R.E.M. Who thought Zeppelin would ever whore themselves out to Cadillac? At least R.E.M. have never done that and never will.

As a person who doesn't really watch or care that much about the show, I say who cares?! Zeppelin doesn't need the exposure, but it might be nice to get the younger teens to hear them through an outlet they accept. Either way, I am not changing my opinion on the band.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this.

A part of me is extremely happy that there is actually going to be an episode dedicated to Zep because kids who are exposed to all the mainstream stuff out there, will get exposed to the music of Zep which is really a good thing! And this hopefully, will give rise to an entirely new generation of fans! :D

But on the downside, I have never been fascinated by Glee! I really do not get all the hype surrounding it. It is just another show on T.V. Nothing to write home about. :P

Apparently they recently used Losing My Religion for an episode. I haven't seen it (nor do I have any desire to) but it doesn't make me think any less of R.E.M. Who thought Zeppelin would ever whore themselves out to Cadillac? At least R.E.M. have never done that and never will.

Zeppelin will never agree to an entire episode featuring Led Zeppelin.

They might allow the use of "a" song or two, but I do not see any "guest" appearances on the show, ala Britney, or the Madonna thing of the granting of the rights to her entire catalogue of music for "The Power of Madoona" episode.

There will be no "The Power of Led Zeppelin" Glee episode, Thank Goodness !!! :D

BTY, I liked the Cadillac commercial, and I do not think that was whoring out Zeppelin.

But, in contrast to most Zeppelin fans, I think, that the use of "Immigrant Song" in The School of Rock did --not-- work in the film ---- the wrong song for the wrong scene.

And, I feel the same way about the use of Zeppelin's "That's The Way" in Almost Famous.... another wrong song for the wrong scene.

Those are instances of whoring Zeppelin, imo, regardless of what the rank & file feel about it...

I don't own a copy of Almost Famous, but if I did, I would try the STH deleted scene, and perhaps that works....

The DVD also contains a deleted scene that shows William playing Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven (in its entirety) to his mother. The song itself is not included on the soundtrack but the video has a watermark instructing viewers when to start the song.

Who really cares if they do or they don't? It's not going to change what any of us think of the band. I don't watch the show, but I have heard snippets of songs they've done already and some of them are pretty good. Not better than the original, but hardly a pile of shit either. Personally, I don't think any of the actors on the show have the vocal chops (from what little I've heard) to pull of Robert's vocals, but let them try if they want. It's not going to hurt anything.

Who really cares if they do or they don't? It's not going to change what any of us think of the band. I don't watch the show, but I have heard snippets of songs they've done already and some of them are pretty good. Not better than the original, but hardly a pile of shit either. Personally, I don't think any of the actors on the show have the vocal chops (from what little I've heard) to pull of Robert's vocals, but let them try if they want. It's not going to hurt anything.

This is exactly what I think as well.

I'm curious as to why so many people are against this. What does it matter if a TV show does a musical tribute to the band? If it's not good, will that change how you feel about them? No band is sacrosanct. If LZ can sell out for Cadillac, they can have their music performed on a TV show.

I'm curious as to why so many people are against this. What does it matter if a TV show does a musical tribute to the band? If it's not good, will that change how you feel about them? No band is sacrosanct. If LZ can sell out for Cadillac, they can have their music performed on a TV show.

I like Glee for the synth/pop stuff, but when they've tried doing rock, it doesn't sound like rock (IMO). I just don't think that's what Zeppelin is about. But I wouldn't think less of Zeppelin if Glee did it. I actually thought the Cadillac commercial was a clever way to appeal to aging baby boomers. You rocked out to Zeppelin then; now you're a successful grown up who still likes to rock and roll. :) (There was another commercial with Dennis Hopper around the same time; I can't remember the product though; there seemed to be an advertising trend with hippie nostalgia around the time of the 40th Woodstock anniversary). I also don't understand why Glee would want to use Zeppelin from a business sense; I don't think baby boomers are the show's target audience. But I probably would still watch it; I usually do.

(There was another commercial with Dennis Hopper around the same time; I can't remember the product though; there seemed to be an advertising trend with hippie nostalgia around the time of the 40th Woodstock anniversary).

I know what commercial you're talking about, it was for Ameriprise (an investment company). The music was Gimme Some Lovin' by the Spencer Davis Group. I actually loved the commercials because I thought it was a great way to get people in that age bracket to pay attention to things like that.

In the sidebar, there are links to other commercials in the same campaign.

I know what commercial you're talking about, it was for Ameriprise (an investment company). The music was Gimme Some Lovin' by the Spencer Davis Group. I actually loved the commercials because I thought it was a great way to get people in that age bracket to pay attention to things like that.

Yes, that's it! :) There was another unrelated one that I loved; it was an aquarium with a bunch of digital fish swimming, with a Moody Blues song playing. I think it was for a camera, or a printer, or something. :unsure:

Anyhow; I would be very surprised if Glee did Zeppelin. If they did, I'm sure it would be painful, but I would be compelled to watch :) I think there are other bands they would approach first though (Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Nickelback, or maybe Poison/Motley Crue?).

Archived