THANK YOU AUSTRALIA, FOR....

Reggie29

Hi Reggie,

Happy New Year.

Some classic Norman Gunston.

thankyou so much for posting that! he is a bloody genius, imo.

i once saw him interview paul and linda mccartney, and they just didn't get it, thought he was for real..... so funny. wonder if anybody told them later. lol

1. Sir Donald Bradman :wub: (IMHO, the greatest cricketer the world has ever seen!)

2. Black Box Flight Recorder

3. Latex Gloves

4. Xerox Photocopying

5. Pre-paid Postage

6. Refrigeration

7. Electronic Pacemaker

8. The Bionic Ear

9. The Teleprinter

10. Vegemite

:D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Go girl!

What's shakin' Jules?

Gough Whitlam in for three years then shafted by Malcolm Frazer and John Kerr on Remembrance Day 11-11-1975.

He's still going, at 94!

If it wasn't for him hundreds of young men would've been called up (drafted for our American friends) and possibly sent to Vietnam, myself included.

Up until the election in December 1972 I had accepted the fact that my lottery number would come up and was prepared to go in to the "Natios" (National Service) if required.

However, I'm not disappointed it didn't happen.

My year 1972:

February: Seen Led Zeppelin

August: Turned 19

December: Conscription abolished

Go girl!

What's shakin' Jules?

Gough Whitlam in for three years then shafted by Malcolm Frazer and John Kerr on Remembrance Day 11-11-1975.

He's still going, at 94!

If it wasn't for him hundreds of young men would've been called up (drafted for our American friends) and possibly sent to Vietnam, myself included.

Up until the election in December 1972 I had accepted the fact that my lottery number would come up and was prepared to go in to the "Natios" (National Service) if required.

However, I'm not disappointed it didn't happen.

My year 1972:

February: Seen Led Zeppelin

August: Turned 19

December: Conscription abolished

I was with the ones who BURNED the draft :):):)...let's face it once and for all, both the USA and OZ lost that sick war!!

Don't recall that .....

My link

^^^^^^^^ Enjoy the read, the guy invented it and as it says on the website now its just part of guitar playing like pull offs, hammer ons, tapping and your sweeps too. A legend in the guitar field. (not sure link is working but stick his name in and you will get to his website)

Edited by leddy

Thank-you Australia for the band who gave us this classic song. It's not rock like Led Zep, --but a great lovers song. I even read it was one of John Lennon's favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxl31QrNNM&feature=related

Of course, The Little River Band did have a lot of other hits too. This is just one of my personal favorites. Thanks for the memories Australia. ;) missy

Thank-you Australia for the band who gave us this classic song. It's not rock like Led Zep, --but a great lovers song. I even read it was one of John Lennon's favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxl31QrNNM&feature=related

Of course, The Little River Band did have a lot of other hits too. This is just one of my personal favorites. Thanks for the memories Australia. ;) missy

oh yes, love little river band! both with shorrock and john farnham.