THANK YOU AUSTRALIA, FOR....

Reggie29

John Butler is American, so you should be thanking them!

Reggie, when are you going to get off this? Yes, John was born in America - but he never began playing music until his family moved to Oz and the Trio are an Australian Band. His first guitar came from his grandfather, in Australia and he began his career by busking - in Australia. I enjoy your posts and your point has been made.

I will continue to thank Australia for John Butler Trio. :)

Peace.

Reggie, when are you going to get off this? Yes, John was born in America - but he never began playing music until his family moved to Oz and the Trio are an Australian Band. His first guitar came from his grandfather, in Australia and he began his career by busking - in Australia. I enjoy your posts and your point has been made.

I will continue to thank Australia for John Butler Trio. :)

Peace.

Yes but its the chicken and egg thingy, Are AC/DC Australian or British ? having the members been born in Scotland,England and Wales etc ?? its a difficult one. I can see Reggie's point to an extent, we all want our own born poeple I guess, like the cricket, I am ok with having SA born players if they meet the criteria but it does it days at the same time sit un easy with me (oxymoron) , also German football team have Polish born players and The All blacks have Fuji born.

Edited by leddy

Yes but its the chicken and egg thingy, Are AC/DC Australian or British ? having the members been born in Scotland,England and Wales etc ?? its a difficult one. I can see Reggie's point to an extent, we all want our own born poeple I guess, like the cricket, I am ok with having SA born players if they meet the criteria but it does it days at the same time sit un easy with me (oxymoron) , also German football team have Polish born players and The All blacks have Fuji born.

Let's get this straight......Angus was born of Scottish parents who immigrated to OZ.....most of the Young families are of SCottish origin:):). Bon SCott was born in Perth, WA:):)

I know leddy - that's why I gave him his point. He is correct and I said so, so there! :P:)

Reggie's a good guy, it's not an issue at all. ;)

Hi Leddy,

How can a SA born player meet the criteria of being OK to play for England, he's an AFRICAN for fcuk sake, even if He is White he is still not an English born Person so has no real right to represent US in Any Way Shape of Form.

It makes a mockery of your birth right to allow Foreign Players to be Nationalised in to another Culture and People just to "make up the numbers" instead of using our Home Grown Talent and it encourages Racism rather than helps to stop it.

Why I don't even like people from out of the area calling themselves "Cockneys" its something you are Born in to, not something you Acquire, or use as a Fashion Accessory. Sorry mate but if you ain't one of US then you ain't one of US, Comprendo? :o;):lol:

Kind Regards, Cockney Dan the English Man

can't believe we made it this far without mentioning THE KING of AUSTRALIA

steve_irwin_004.jpg

the man who helped us all learn to love and respect wildlife everywhere..........

and never count out steve's knack of shameless self promotion...........

irwin.jpg?t=1295029390

he even made it into video games!

Let's get this straight......Angus was born of Scottish parents who immigrated to OZ.....most of the Young families are of SCottish origin:):). Bon SCott was born in Perth, WA:):)

Ok anglo Aus group, appologies there I though Bon was one of the Jocks.

I know leddy - that's why I gave him his point. He is correct and I said so, so there! :P:)

Reggie's a good guy, it's not an issue at all. ;)

Yeh I know and I wasn't tring to fuel anything, just debating the merit of it all :)

Hi Leddy,

How can a SA born player meet the criteria of being OK to play for England, he's an AFRICAN for fcuk sake, even if He is White he is still not an English born Person so has no real right to represent US in Any Way Shape of Form.

It makes a mockery of your birth right to allow Foreign Players to be Nationalised in to another Culture and People just to "make up the numbers" instead of using our Home Grown Talent and it encourages Racism rather than helps to stop it.

Why I don't even like people from out of the area calling themselves "Cockneys" its something you are Born in to, not something you Acquire, or use as a Fashion Accessory. Sorry mate but if you ain't one of US then you ain't one of US, Comprendo? :o;)

Kind Regards, Cockney Dan the English Man

Hey Dan,

I am one of us thanks :) although have Dutch Great Grand Parents on one side, although I am born here in lovely England, does thats still make me English ?

Anyway I said as long as they have reached the criteria as in if the SA guys have say English parents, married and lved here for donkeys yeras etc, then they want to represent us then fine, I did say i still feel uncomfortable with it, but the whole world does it.

We are one world...I am a passionate Englishman, how far can we take this, that means your beloved WHU should only have players from your area but they don't so really its the same thing.

I haven't time to fully reply at the mo.

By the way I think we have :threadjacked: this place, better get the hell out of here :rollin:

PS see you in England thread mate for chat to get the :whistling: count up

Edited by leddy

Does nobody remember the cricket "Stumpcam?".Bon Scott is buried in Fremantle cemetery he was not born there.Angus and Malcom Young were born in Glasgow ,Scotland.

Agh ok I thought that too, so back to the question are they British or Australian ??. If they are an Australian band then thank you.

Does nobody remember the cricket "Stumpcam?".Bon Scott is buried in Fremantle cemetery he was not born there.Angus and Malcom Young were born in Glasgow ,Scotland.

Fremantle is 19 kilometres (12 mi) southwest of PERTH and the mystery of were Bon was actually born is as old as 'ol Cockney. Of course, the official bio says he wasn't born in WA, but there are sources (unissued birth certificates) that state otherwise(and that is NOT the major point of this thread). Having stated this, 99,5% of white Ausytralians were not actually born in OZ....or perhaps this fact is isn't well-known here.....but it is well-known that anyone who was a very small kid when he/she came to OZ or like me was born there of European parents considers himself/herself a trueblue....and THAT sirs is a FACT:):)

Agh ok I thought that too, so back to the question are they British or Australian ??. If they are an Australian band then thank you.

Anyone who knows Angus or Phil or knew Bon can tell you that they themselves consider themselves as an Aussie band. I have never heard Angus going around saying he was Scottish or British, let alone Bon. Brian Johnson is another thing of course :)

Anyone who knows Angus or Phil or knew Bon can tell you that they themselves consider themselves as an Aussie band. I have never heard Angus going around saying he was Scottish or British, let alone Bon. Brian Johnson is another thing of course :)

fair enough, well thanks for de band :)