Robert Bresson

Crepe

Hot air balloon

Bicycle

Parachute

Sewing machine

Helicopter

And other contributions to the world.

Hubert de Givenchy; I just love the way that sounds :)

French is such a beautiful language, I am sad to see it slowly disappearing from the public schools. Granted, Spanish is much more useful, but still. :unsure: (I have studied a bit of Spanish, as well as Italian and German; but French was my main language).

I went to private school, so that's obviously a bit different, but I went to a public university and took it for two years there, on top of the four years I took it in high school. I know that Spanish is infinitely more useful in the US than French is, but I had to take Spanish for three years in grammar school, and I hated it.

I went to private school, so that's obviously a bit different, but I went to a public university and took it for two years there, on top of the four years I took it in high school. I know that Spanish is infinitely more useful in the US than French is, but I had to take Spanish for three years in grammar school, and I hated it.

I went to private Catholic schools until college and also it was mandatory to take a foreign language. Being young and not having the insight into how it may someday become usefull, I chose Spanish as I was told it was the easiest to pass which we know is true. I had the choice of Spanish, Latin, Italian, German and French. I now wish I had taken French.

I went to private Catholic schools until college and also it was mandatory to take a foreign language. Being young and not having the insight into how it may someday become usefull, I chose Spanish as I was told it was the easiest to pass which we know is true. I had the choice of Spanish, Latin, Italian, German and French. I now wish I had taken French.

Hey, I don't think much of your private schools over there. At MY private school, we studied French, Latin, Ancient Greek, German and Italian.

In later life, I also picked up some essential cusses in Spanish and Thai from my two wives. So now I can seriously upset people in seven languages :thumbsup:

Je tiens à remercier la France pour les éléments suivants:

The Statue of Liberty

Voltaire

Alexandre Dumas

Debussy

Monet

Renoir

Degas

Cézanne

Gothic architecture

Victor Hugo

Daft Punk

Air

Chanel

Dior

Givenchy

Daft Punk. Good pick. :thumbsup: I deliberately left out Daft Punk because I thought I would be the only one who likes them. I would also add Jean Michel Jarre to my list.

Hey, I don't think much of your private schools over there. At MY private school, we studied French, Latin, Ancient Greek, German and Italian.

In later life, I also picked up some essential cusses in Spanish and Thai from my two wives. So now I can seriously upset people in seven languages

I always though about a Thai wife, but i didnt want to Thai myself down, :lol: but then again she might want to Thai me up, :lol::lol: or maybe i should just shut up and say Ta Thai, :lol::lol::lol:

I can seriously upset people in ONE language, if there are people that cant understand me then LEARN ENGLISH and i'll upset you as well. :lol:

Private Schools my arse, i'll have your dinner money and your crayons off you in a flash mate you snotty nosed wannabe gangster you. :lol:

And now i'm all laughed out i'm gonna have a knap, so pick the bones outta one that mate. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

Thank you France for? er? not pissing in the ENGLISH CHANNEL too much. :lol: Ahhh now my sides are hurting with all this laughter.

• 3 years later...

I'm surprised that no one on this thread has mentioned Marcel Proust. I may be alone, but I once tried (unsuccessfully) to make it through Proust's book "Remembrance Of Things Past."

Anyway, we should thank France for giving us their beautiful language, for giving us the world's best food, wine, fashion, and cinema, for producing such women as Bardot, Deneuve, etc. -- and for many other things.

I'm surprised that no one on this thread has mentioned Marcel Proust. I may be alone, but I once tried (unsuccessfully) to make it through Proust's book "Remembrance Of Things Past."

Anyway, we should thank France for giving us their beautiful language, for giving us the world's best food, wine, fashion, and cinema, for producing such women as Bardot, Deneuve, etc. -- and for many other things.

Sorry man but France does not produce the best wine. Ghastly stuff, unless you spend mega bucks. Hop over the border to Spain for real vino.

• 1 year later...

Archived