Happy Birthday John Paul Jones

Reggie29

Belated Birthday Wishes to the brilliant John Paul Jones.

Just this week my husband and I read an article about people who, in middle age, as a hobby and interest, began to study music or picked up an instrument that they had let lay dormant for decades. Someone commented that after seeing TCV and JPJ with his stamina and energy of a 30-year-old, was compelled at age 55 to learn to play the bass guitar. When we saw JPJ with TCV we were also impressed with his energy and with the fact that one of the old timers who had worked at the venue for a long time told us that John was one of the nicest, most down to earth, friendly musicians he'd met.

Happy 65th Birthday John!

I look forward to hearing more music from you this year. TCV was amazing (especially live) - music, band and shows that my husband and I and our son and his girlfriend all shared a passion for.

I've never forgotten how gracious you were when I was a young teen and approached you and asked for your autograph. I handed you the only thing I had: a 19-cent blue Bic pen. While you were in the middle of signing your name, the pen I handed you stopped working. I was so embarrassed but you just smiled, shook the pen a little, changed the angle, and continued signing your autograph for me. All these years later, I treasure that autograph and the memory of how nice you were.

I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful day!

Fondly,

~MSG

Archived