Beethoven

The Triberg Waterfalls

Ludwig II (of Neuschwanstein fame)

Heidleburg

Albert Einstein

The king of Baroque--Bach

Handel (part German)

Weinerschnitzel

The advent of the Germanic languages (English and Dutch are two Germanic languages)

Volkswagons

Audis

BMW's

Johannes Gutenberg

Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit

Oktoberfest

Hans Geiger

bratwurst

The Black Forest

Schumann

Strauss

Some of my favorite dogs: German Shepherd, Doberman and the Rotty

dachshunds

automobile engineering is definitely one of the best contributions

Mendelssohn

I'm sure there's much more...

edit: oh yeah! I forgot to say hi to Leddy! :)

• 5 months later...

Thank you Germany for the FALL of the "Third Reich". Actually, Thank you to the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada and the Soviet Union (unfortunately) for the FALL of the Third Reich. I say unfortunately about the Soviet Union because after WWII there arose another war between the West and the East commonly referred to as the Cold War.

• 3 years later...

That was my #1!BeerBeautiful mountainsWagnerBeethovenThe Triberg WaterfallsLudwig II (of Neuschwanstein fame)HeidleburgAlbert EinsteinThe king of Baroque--BachHandel (part German)WeinerschnitzelThe advent of the Germanic languages (English and Dutch are two Germanic languages)VolkswagonsAudisBMW'sJohannes GutenbergDaniel Gabriel Fahrenheit OktoberfestHans GeigerbratwurstThe Black ForestSchumannStraussSome of my favorite dogs: German Shepherd, Doberman and the Rottydachshundsautomobile engineering is definitely one of the best contributionsMendelssohnI'm sure there's much more... edit: oh yeah! I forgot to say hi to Leddy! smile.gif

Nice list, mandrelyh. Other contributions would include some of the greatest philosophers, the modern university, and several more great musicians.

Thank you Germany for the FALL of the "Third Reich". Actually, Thank you to the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada and the Soviet Union (unfortunately) for the FALL of the Third Reich. I say unfortunately about the Soviet Union because after WWII there arose another war between the West and the East commonly referred to as the Cold War.

We Germans are not all sunshine and lollipops.

• 1 year later...

Archived