'There will be no Led Zeppelin reunion'

My link

I wanted people's thoughts on Robert's Statement recently, of course this has saddened me as i wasnt fortunate enough to go to the 2007 gig at the 02, despite living around 20 minutes from the 02 arena... the price was crazy!

I for one have always dreamt on seeing Zeppelin live... Will this change??

My link

I wanted people's thoughts on Robert's Statement recently, of course this has saddened me as i wasnt fortunate enough to go to the 2007 gig at the 02, despite living around 20 minutes from the 02 arena... the price was crazy!

I for one have always dreamt on seeing Zeppelin live... Will this change??

This has been fact since the 02 - that was meant as a one off gig to honour the loss of their mentor and dear friend Ahmet Ertegun. Ever onward as they once said :)

• 1 month later...

I have heard from very reliable sources that everybody in the band wants to do it. Except Robert. And for some reason he does not want Jason to be the drummer in the band. I think it is just not the same to him without Bonzo. Seeing Jason there kind of freaks him out and makes him miss John even more I am sure.

But what he forgets is there are millions of us who never saw the band seeing Jason with the band is the next best thing to John. John would want this no doubt.

Soooo in the meantime he keeps doing Zeppelin songs and EVERY single other recording group (maybe outside the Beatles) reunites on some level live and in the studio and carrys on making great and succesful music (albeit sometimes different from their past). I've said it for years and I'll say it again. There is no reason Robert could not record and tour as a solo artist in the years to come amongst new Zeppelin studio l.p.s and tours.

Remember the O2 thing was not to happen and was denied whilest they were rehearsing. Also remember for years Robert said Zeppelin would not reunite EVER...and they did...on more than one occasion. That's not the interesting thing...the interesting thing is that only a few years pass at a time before Robert ends up doing something with Jimmy in the studio or live. If anything it is John Paul Jones that Robert doesn't like. I think that that has far more to do with the equation than John Bonham.

As long as Page, Plant and Jones are still around there will always be the possibility of some sort of reunion so the topic will never go away. I don't necessarily want it to but the least folks could do would be to check the site first to see how this has been discussed ad nauseum.

If that's the case why did Robert attend the TCV gig in Birmingham last year?

Once again an opinion, not fact.

I don't know...The fact that he wasn't even involved in the the No Quarter project says something about the band chemistry. Read this and tell me there isn't something going on between them.

At the induction ceremony, the band's inner rift became apparent when Jones joked upon accepting his award, "Thank you, my friends, for finally remembering my phone number"

Also id like to mention that the song "Royal Orleans" written by plant is a stab at Jones and his "misadventures"

Vocalist Robert Plant wrote most of the lyrics, using the song as a way to poke fun at Jones, allegedly because of a comment Jones once made that vocals were the least important part of the band.

Archived