Robert Plant Band of Joy Tour 2011

SteveAJones

Well said.

What the band Of Joy represents to me is the rock & roll of the early 60's for the most part. With some more modern sounds thrown in (like the Low material). I personally like Robert's current direction, reminds me of when the world was young to these ears. Great stuff.

Nice throw in of WITC! Definitely agree with you, with some country elements, roots music and much of the band's influences that were included in Zep's HMMT and WLL medleys during their era.

Are you friggin' serious? :rolleyes:

Go listen to a show before you talk this nonsense. Seriously. At least have some knowledge of Robert's current live show before talking out of your southern hemisphere. :slapface:

Bloody hell...n00bs...

yes im friggin serious and ive been going to his shows for years including led zep in london and he still has it .And last ten years his solo work is only selling out beacon theatre maybe 3000 people.But when mr page is on his left they selling out giants stadium and msg .And show is way better . Hey folk music is great even allison was good but its about time he works with the guys who really made him the rock god and stop thinking he too old .

Well said.

What the band Of Joy reperesents to me is the rock & roll of the early 60's for the most part. With some more modern sounds thrown in (like the Low material). I personally like Robert's current direction, reminds me of when the world was young to these ears. Great stuff.

This is what we trying to figure out here you said the early 60s well if he moving ahead and doesn t wanna play the past early 60s we want early seventies instead who else wants early seventies instead .

I've seen him on his recent tour. Believe me...he can still belt it out when he wants to without any problem. It's a matter of whatever fits at the moment.

But you can't be serious about this. Open your mind and experience one of Robert's great shows. At least give a listen to his cd. Sorry....it's not Zeppelin...the reunion is not going to happen...so accept the fact!

Hey i went to beacon theatre i saw the concert its great show still got great voice .But when he says he wont do zep cause he too old or dont have it anymore it drives me nuts cause he playing zep tunes in his show and sounding real good .Doesnt have to be zeppelin i want to hear just some good hard rockin loud music u know like the stones or the who .

Hey i went to beacon theatre i saw the concert its great show still got great voice .But when he says he wont do zep cause he too old or dont have it anymore it drives me nuts cause he playing zep tunes in his show and sounding real good .Doesnt have to be zeppelin i want to hear just some good hard rockin loud music u know like the stones or the who .

One more thing im having a lotta trouble accepting the fact that there is no reunion especially after seeing them play like that in 2007 i was at the o2 . Might not have been john bonham but jason is very very close and john paul jones played great too. What a real shame they didnt do new album i need a real hard drink to get me through this night really mind boggling .

One more thing im having a lotta trouble accepting the fact that there is no reunion especially after seeing them play like that in 2007 i was at the o2 . Might not have been john bonham but jason is very very close and john paul jones played great too. What a real shame they didnt do new album i need a real hard drink to get me through this night really mind boggling .

Is this you Jimmy? :)

I saw BOJ last July in Tulsa, Plant can hit any note he wants, he proved this during Misty Mountain Hop, when he says "Baby Baby Baby do you like it?" Sounded exactly like studio Plant but anyways, Im seeing BCC the 13th in St Louis and due to financial woes I wont make it to Plant on the 15th, which he would have announced these new dates a little sooner.

I am so excited that I am going to see Robert tomorrow in Louisville.

I hope that he sings "Cindy, I'll Marry You Someday" as well as "Black Dog" and "Gallow's Pole".

I have the presale code for Columbus, but the seats are OK, not the best. I am gambling that there may be better ones available in the general public sale tomorrow. I will be driving to Louisville when the sale starts at noon tomorrow, and may not get the chance to buy the tickets until later in the day. I don't know if I should buy them now or tomorrow.

Under these kind of last minute circumstances I buy the tickets now or sooner. Then I buy better ones next, and give the others away, unless funds are too tight.

Thanks for the advice, Silver Rider.

The tickets now offered are for row X, section MF2. I think that they will sell section MF3 next, which is another front center section, tomorrow. Just guessing, though.

Edited to say that the concert in Louisville is sold out!

The tickets now offered are for row X, section MF2. I think that they will sell section MF3 next, which is another front center section, tomorrow. Just guessing, though.

That's a strange lettering for a section. So should I ask what MF stands for? Or why they gave those sections those letters?

In which case I would go to the box office in the event of exchanges. If no luck there, I would see if any other concert goers or a concierge at the hotel could be helpful. Also check promotional giveaways on local radio or at local businesses. Sometimes they raise funds for charities.

In which case I would go to the box office in the event of exchanges. If no luck there, I would see if any other concert goers or a concierge at the hotel could be helpful. Also check promotional giveaways on local radio or at local businesses. Sometimes they raise funds for charities.

Oh, I have tickets for Louisville, fairly good seats. I was just making a comment alluding to the fact that Robert's concerts are selling out. Just in case anyone was interested.

Archived