Robert Plant Band of Joy Tour 2011

SteveAJones

We had great seats 5th row. Here is Darrell Scott warming up before the show

RobertdarrellScottwarmingupbeforeshow2511.jpg

Then as BOJ took the stage the crowd stood and cheered!! I stayed in the 5th row until 3 songs in and I got right in front of the stage by Robert. Gigi came up about 20/30 minutes later. Here are a few photos of the night:

RobertBOJtwo2511.jpg

Roberthighnote2511.jpg

RoberthandclapFox2511.jpg

They did a beautiful cover of Charlie Richs "Life Has Its Little Ups And Downs". It was beautiful. Here is Charlies version:

And he did "Im In The Mood"

"Tangerine"

I still could not believe there was Robert standing 3 feet from me. Gigi and I had the best time to say the least. Roberts voice fits this music perfect. I just kept thinking how fortunate I was to be able to see him performing and having such a great time. I got a few smiles from Robert and of course I was smiling back!!! There were people from all ages and it was packed. We were loud but loving every minute of it!!

I am so glad I had the chance to see this and I even if your not a fan of this music, I would suggest seeing it live :-)

^^^

Great photo's Deb and thanks for posting them! Glad you and Gigi had a chance to meet up and enjoy the show B)

Thanks Ally, I have quite a few more. It was really a fantastic night and to see Robert on stage, he still has that presence:-)

Great photos, Deborah J!

Nice picture of you and Gigi!

Looks like you had a great time!

I can't imagine standing three feet away from Robert! :faint1:

I know, Believe me it took every ounce of restraint in me to behave as a lady!!! Gigi and I just kept looking at each other and smiling. He is still magnificent!!!!

They are some just simply amazing photos!!!! It makes you feel like you're right on stage with them.

Glad you had such an awesome time and such great seats. Makes a big difference!

They are simply amazing as a band...with the ringleader from above!

I am sooo much more impressed seeing buddy miller live than what i saw on youtube. Before i went to the show. i watched his

older stuff, none of the BOJ. Seems robert's got him boogeying!!!

What did they open with??? seems they've been changing it up.

Thinking back to the shows I saw my favorite is Down to the Sea.

Rock On!!!

Thanks for posting the excellent photos Deborah J. Unfortunately I was kind of far away from the stage and had a not so great camera, so all of my photos look like impressionist paintings (really blurry). i should've brought a better cameraslapface.gif. Oh well, at least I was there, it was a great show!

and I knew that there was someone here who got better pictures than i did :)

They are some just simply amazing photos!!!! It makes you feel like you're right on stage with them.

Glad you had such an awesome time and such great seats. Makes a big difference!

They are simply amazing as a band...with the ringleader from above!

I am sooo much more impressed seeing buddy miller live than what i saw on youtube. Before i went to the show. i watched his

older stuff, none of the BOJ. Seems robert's got him boogeying!!!

What did they open with??? seems they've been changing it up.

Thinking back to the shows I saw my favorite is Down to the Sea.

Rock On!!!

Hi bigzepfan!!

They are amazing and for me it had to be the cover of Charlie Richs song and I hope it gets posted on your tube. The way Robert sang this was simply beautiful!!!

Buddy Miller....The man is talented.

Yes, as I made my way about 5 feet to the front of the stage this man asked me in a joking manner why I should be up front. I said does seeing LZ live in 73 and 75 count...he made a path for me!!! :D

RoberthandclapFox2511.jpg

They did a beautiful cover of Charlie Richs "Life Has Its Little Ups And Downs". It was beautiful. Here is Charlies version:

And he did "Im In The Mood"

"Tangerine"

I still could not believe there was Robert standing 3 feet from me. Gigi and I had the best time to say the least. Roberts voice fits this music perfect. I just kept thinking how fortunate I was to be able to see him performing and having such a great time. I got a few smiles from Robert and of course I was smiling back!!! There were people from all ages and it was packed. We were loud but loving every minute of it!!

I am so glad I had the chance to see this and I even if your not a fan of this music, I would suggest seeing it live :-)

I know how you feel. When I saw Robert at his surprise show (announced about a week prior) at The Bowery in NYC in September, I was just feet away as well. Even better getting a call back from him when shouting out Memphis to him when he was talking to the audience about the different music in America. This will be on Bigzepfan's (Dave) fan interviews I did at the Beacon last Saturday. Glad you enjoyed the show. It was so great last week!

Hi SuperDave!

I actually was able to look directly in Roberts eyes a lot on In My Time of Dying and a few times singing along...still pinching myself!!!

Robert Plant and Band of Joy - Wade in the Water and In My Time of Dying @ Fox 2.5.2011

Hello Steve!

Glad you like the photos. I have a few more....The venue is beautiful! For me at times I still saw that bare chested, tight jeans, beautiful tresses from 1973 Robert Anthony, just something about seeing him live after all these years. Of course we are all a bit older, but still his voice is music to my ears...and yes I did look from head to toe just as back in 73 ;)

Hi Deborah!

I am so glad you got to the show safely and it sounds like it was everything you hoped it would be and more! :yay:

I remember a few of your posts where you would throw in the number of days left until the show Feb. 5th. I could feel your anticipation and excitment even online. :)

Great pictures too. Thank-you for uploading those! Did you leave immediately after, or see him exiting the venue to get on the tour bus?

I love your comment about looking @ Robert like it was '73 again.

Remember what you said in another post: He still has IT! ;).........missy

OMG Deb! Your photos are fantastic! :) Seriously, it was a great evening and event. The Fox Theatre was a perfect venue for Robert and the BOJ. Deborah and I could not stop smiling and Robert was....well, Robert. He's simply the best! You could just tell he was having a blast. I can't add much to Deborah's comments but I will say that every now and again he would let out a "Robert howl" unexpectedly and it was fabulous. I think he even caught his bandmates off guard a few times. It was something else, I tell ya!

We just had such a wonderful time and it was great to meet Deborah. And, Deb, my mom just LOVED you. She told my husband when he picked us up at the airport today, "That Deborah, she is just the cutest thing ever!". :D

Someone earlier asked what they started out with...it was "Black Dog" and it set the mood perfectly! The set list was right on target for me. GREAT night with GREAT people...enough said! I look forward to the next one!!

Hey Deborah....nice to see you recovered enough to share with the forum here. Great pic's. I'd be pinching myself too being that close and looking Robert in the eye as he sang that sweet music. Glad you and Gigi had a great time. I am soooooo looking forward to my time which seems too long away now but patience must be the order of the day.

Hi Deborah!

I am so glad you got to the show safely and it sounds like it was everything you hoped it would be and more! :yay:

I remember a few of your posts where you would throw in the number of days left until the show Feb. 5th. I could feel your anticipation and excitment even online. :)

Great pictures too. Thank-you for uploading those! Did you leave immediately after, or see him exiting the venue to get on the tour bus?

I love your comment about looking @ Robert like it was '73 again.

Remember what you said in another post: He still has IT! ;).........missy

Hi missy!

I stayed for a few minutes but it was in the 20's so a bit cold to wait around, plus I don't usually wait around after a show in general. He can still prowl the stage and always has a few plantations. I am so very happy and proud that he is still making music and filling venues and the sheer joy he brings to so many.

Let's all hope if it's in his heart that we are soon posting reviews and photos of JIMMY doing something new on stage. It was Feb 11, 2010 when I saw JPJ with TCV front row...These men are just so talented and I am so grateful that I got it about their music from the beginning and I here I am decades later and to see them on stage... WOW!!!!

And hoping JBLZE comes this way again.

OMG Deb! Your photos are fantastic! :) Seriously, it was a great evening and event. The Fox Theatre was a perfect venue for Robert and the BOJ. Deborah and I could not stop smiling and Robert was....well, Robert. He's simply the best! You could just tell he was having a blast. I can't add much to Deborah's comments but I will say that every now and again he would let out a "Robert howl" unexpectedly and it was fabulous. I think he even caught his bandmates off guard a few times. It was something else, I tell ya!

We just had such a wonderful time and it was great to meet Deborah. And, Deb, my mom just LOVED you. She told my husband when he picked us up at the airport today, "That Deborah, she is just the cutest thing ever!". :D

Someone earlier asked what they started out with...it was "Black Dog" and it set the mood perfectly! The set list was right on target for me. GREAT night with GREAT people...enough said! I look forward to the next one!!

Gigi!!!!! I will always have this memory with you...still amazes me at how their music brings us together. My sister loved you and your Mom, who is absolutely so much like my Mom, a total blast!!! I am so glad we shared this great evening together.

Talk to you soon :friends:

Archived