Photos from Jimmy's Book

Magic Fills the Air

How much was Pagey's book again? Looks like it may have been a good investment: there are copies for sale on Ebay going for $1,000 - $4,000 - plenty of bidders too.

Did Jimmy sign all 2,500?

I paid £395 for my collector's copy and to me it was worth every penny. :)

Thank you for posting this! I would never have seen this brilliant book otherwise.

Are there any photos from Led Zeppelin's last show(s) in 1980?

Yes, there are a couple. I'm very busy at the moment with work, but I'll try and photograph them over the weekend, and I'll post them on here for you sometime next week. :)

Pagebook_103.jpg

Thanks to all for posting, esp. MFTA!

I particularly liked this one. Looks like they might be recording Black Country Woman - is there any more accompanying text?

Had to do a double-take, cos RP looks so different :blink:. Stick a bowl-cut on him, and it could even be Greg Lake :D

Recently I heard from one of my cyber friends who's close friend is working at GENESIS that Charlotte also cooperated with Jimmy on this book.

As I recall Jimmy said in an interview when he came to Japan on January 2008 that he didn't remember at all what he was doing during Zep's second Japan tour in 1972.It's guessed he might have lost some of his memories especially from the 70's.

This just might be my favorite current thread. I love all of these pictures. It's great to see pictures that I have never seen before. I wish I had an obscene amount of money to get this book. I guess these images on here will have to do. Thanks for posting the images. It's a great service you are doing all of us who don't have the book. :D

• 2 months later...

A few more....

SAM_0515.jpg

That pic is not from the last show as it says on the photo but from the next to last show on the 1980 European tour. That pic is actually from Munich 7-5-80. Bonzo wore a yellow long sleeve shirt at the last show in Berlin 7-7-80.

This is a photo from Berlin 7-7-80.

berlin80_3.jpg

• 2 months later...

The Yardbirds are touring next year 2012. I wonder how many of you know that Chris Dreja took the very early images of Led Zeppelin? Some of them appear in Jimmy's book. They are available as fine art prints and signed by Chris and Jimmy. You can view them at vaarta(dot)co

Best wishes, V

• 2 months later...

That pic is not from the last show as it says on the photo but from the next to last show on the 1980 European tour. That pic is actually from Munich 7-5-80. Bonzo wore a yellow long sleeve shirt at the last show in Berlin 7-7-80.

This is a photo from Berlin 7-7-80.

berlin80_3.jpg

I noticed by the end of the 1980 tour Bonzo had shaved his beard off, only had the mustache like he did in the beginning in 1968. He still had a full beard when the tour kicked off though.

• 5 months later...

I noticed by the end of the 1980 tour Bonzo had shaved his beard off, only had the mustache like he did in the beginning in 1968. He still had a full beard when the tour kicked off though.

Bonzo had the beard for all the shows except the last two- he shaved it off but left the mustache on for Munich 7-5 and Berlin 7-7-80

The soundtrack for the film 'Death Wish II' was produced in just eight weeks, circa Sep/Oct 1981, at The Sol. It's possible this photo was taken prior to leaving for Los Angeles in December 1981 to deliver the mastertapes to the film studio. Alternatively, it may have been taken after he returned to promote the film's Feb 1982 release.

I don't show he appeared in the April 1982 issue of Guitar Player magazine - please reconfirm if possible.

I think it is early than that, I found the pic in a magazine in july 1981, I have a feeling it might have been taken in 1980. When did the the guitar become available ?

• 1 year later...

Archived