Favorite Led Zeppelin Riff

cheesehead1204

183 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Riff?

I voted for "No Quarter." This is such an underrated masterpiece imo.

Every member of the band shines tightly and brightly throughout the entire song.

But Mr. Page's repeated "riff" near the beginning and the end is riveting.......he works that guitar, know what I mean?

I also think "In the Evening" is another great one, but since we're limited to one, oh well. .............:) missy

• 2 weeks later...

Really tough question. There's too many great riffs to even fit in the poll.

I went for Heartbreaker in the end though. When played live in 73' on boots like The Vibes are real, the way the drum introduces the song for a few bars, then the riff comes in is just pure groove!

• 3 months later...

Zeppelin & AC/DC are just perfect riff rock lovers bands like me, I decided 2 yrs ago I was sick of rock dyin & drifting leavin only memories to hear so I picked up a guitar & studied what professor page taught & now I have my own rock to unleash upon fellow rockers, check it soundcloud.com/mofostone you may dig it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I couldn't find an actual poll for this topic, but if there is one let me know. I listed most of my favorites and an "other" selection. Please specify if you pick "other". My favorite is Kashmir because I think it defines the word epic.

From seeing LZ live, yes "Kashmir" would be the favorite live riff.

On record, initially "HB" was my #1 followed by "WLL" in second place.

But after lo these many years, my User Name says it all... "The Rover" is my #1 riff on record. My #2 riff is the title track from "TSRTS".

And #3 is from the break in "For Your Life".

So, poo on you cheesehead1204, for being so close with "Custard Pie", but missing "The Rover" as a poll selection.....

You really appreciate "Custard Pie" enough to leave off "The Rover" ? ? ?

Anyway, it's not that bid deal to me cheesehead1204... I've said all I care to about this already :)

From seeing LZ live, yes "Kashmir" would be the favorite live riff.

On record, initially "HB" was my #1 followed by "WLL" in second place.

But after lo these many years, my User Name says it all... "The Rover" is my #1 riff on record. My #2 riff is the title track from "TSRTS".

And #3 is from the break in "For Your Life".

So, poo on you cheesehead1204, for being so close with "Custard Pie", but missing "The Rover" as a poll selection.....

You really appreciate "Custard Pie" enough to leave off "The Rover" ? ? ?

Anyway, it's not that bid deal to me cheesehead1204... I've said all I care to about this already :)

I love all the riffs you mentioned. I don't necessarily like the Custard Pie riff more than The Rover's riff, it's just what came to the top of my head when I made the list. Guess it's a good thing I included an 'other' section for the great ones I missed.

• 1 month later...

Archived