"Bloody Rare 8mm Color Footage"

snapper

How did they sneak those big 8mm cameras into the concert? Security must of been pretty lax.

Security workers have friends and family members that they might let in with cameras and tape recorders. My friend paid a security worker $5.00 (bribe) to let him bring a frisbee into a rush concert in the late 70's. That sure is some nice footage though, glad it was posted.

Very cool indeed! Thanks for sharing, snapper. It sounds like some were none too pleased with their view being obstructed by the camera "Put it down!" hahaha! But our intrepid bootlegger knew better - a little pain, a lot of gain :thumbsup:

Awesome stuff dude! Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

One of the unexpected side benefits to the 2003 DVD project is the wealth of 8mm footage that has popped up on the band's website, in best possible sound and video quality.

Now people can see for themselves that nobody, no one, no way no how, moved on stage like Jimmy Page in his prime.

• 3 weeks later...

Now people can see for themselves that nobody, no one, no way no how, moved on stage like Jimmy Page in his prime.

Fully agreed Strider. When people talk of the visuals in a Zep show, I think of Page moving around. That video from Snapper was just exceelnt. Some of the best Page onstage I've seen.

Sometimes his moves looked almost impossible. At Knebworth 90, he seemed to float onstage at one point.

My only complaint with Albert Hall is the lack of Page in motion. I think he may have been less apt to move around in the 1970-71 era. But you see that boot footage of him in summer 72, (I forget the venue), and he is as graceful as a dove! I also love Supershow 69, he is amazing visually on that. The way he hams it up on the very early lip synch b/w fotage is excellent as well.

In 73-75 he had killer moves, but I wasn't that big on what I've seen of Earl's Court. He was fluid and amazing in the LA shows just before that, but not so much EC. The exception being the acoustic set, great faces and movements. The 77 tour, he was more "out there" a lot of the time in his moves, more reckless, a new dimension to his stage approach. Still quite nice, going on his knees and stuff like that. Similar at Knebworth, and I haven't seen enough of the 1980 footage to say.

I find he had great showmanship at the ARMS footage I've seen, he really stood out from the others, really punk moves.

Not too say this footage isn't great but I have had it in my collection since 1988 along with Largo -2-10-75 tacked onto the end of it. Now you can find it with the actually sound synched up to it on youtube etc. So it is not really as rare as this post says it is.

Not too say this footage isn't great but I have had it in my collection since 1988 along with Largo -2-10-75 tacked onto the end of it. Now you can find it with the actually sound synched up to it on youtube etc. So it is not really as rare as this post says it is.

Since there is youtube, nothing visual is real "rare".

• 2 weeks later...

Well, synching can sometimes be easy and hard, it really depends, it's kinda like guessing and looking closely at the footage, to see if everything matches, it would probably be better if 8mm films just came with sound in the first place.

Archived