Sammy Hagar dreams of working with Jimmy Page

royalrumpus

He also "dreams" of working with Edward Van Halen again, then proceeds to refer to him as a "fruitcake" in his new tell all book. What he has to say about Edward may very well true but I seriously doubt it endears him to him any.

I would actually welcome a collaboration between Sammy Hagar and Jimmy Page. I realize that this will (probably) never happen, however, I believe that Sammy Hagar is a real and genuine fan of Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin. Some of you out there may be bigger fans of (Eddie) Van Halen then Sammy Hagar, but I think that Sammy is more of a Rock and Roll fan and way more "down to earth" than Eddie Van Halen. Remember, this is MY OPINION.

By the way, I just realized that jahfin and electrophile must be a miserable married couple who can only "voice" their opinions in complete anonymity, however, you leave a small clue because you both reside in North Carolina (USA) and both "joined" this Great and Awesome Led Zeppelin forum on the same date, 20-November 07. Both of them seem to have a negative attitude and/are pretty much "hostile" toward fellow Led Zeppelin fans when it comes others posts and opinions.

And, yes, electrophile, I love my country very much and have never worn any warpaint on my face to prove so. I am a believer that if you were born here (USA) and you do not "LOVE" the United States of America, then get the Fuck out and move to a nation that you would feel more comfortable in.

I am ready and actually looking forward to the Bullshit you are going to respond with. I can take good and bad criticism. After all, they are only words from someone I despise and WILL NEVER MEET.

Keep dreaming Sammy.....

I saw VH with Sammy on their F.U.C.K. tour and he was terrible! He just kept shouting obscenities, acting drunk and screaming the whole show - very disappointing!

He definitely is very full of himself, that's for sure.

By the way, I just realized that jahfin and electrophile must be a miserable married couple who can only "voice" their opinions in complete anonymity, however, you leave a small clue because you both reside in North Carolina (USA) and both "joined" this Great and Awesome Led Zeppelin forum on the same date, 20-November 07. Both of them seem to have a negative attitude and/are pretty much "hostile" toward fellow Led Zeppelin fans when it comes others posts and opinions.

And, yes, electrophile, I love my country very much and have never worn any warpaint on my face to prove so. I am a believer that if you were born here (USA) and you do not "LOVE" the United States of America, then get the Fuck out and move to a nation that you would feel more comfortable in.

I am ready and actually looking forward to the Bullshit you are going to respond with. I can take good and bad criticism. After all, they are only words from someone I despise and WILL NEVER MEET.

Which has exactly what to do with Sammy Hagar working with Jimmy Page? FYI, I joined this board (in it's original incarnation) sometime in 2003 before it became the "official" Zeppelin board in 2007. Anything you have said beyond that is a product of your overactive imagination and apparently intense case of paranoia.

love the RED ROCKER,and his lyrics.

If Jimmy ever decides to release new music where he collaborates with assorted singers and musicians, Sammy would be one of many to choose from.

And it would be a good choice in my opinion.

What's REALLY hysterical is the idea that because Jahfin and I reside in the same state and signed up to the new version of the message board on the same day, that means we're married. I have the same join date as probably 75% of the members here, and there's at least one other person that I know of who also lives in North Carolina. Am I married to all of those people too? :lol: How can I be married to someone who I've never met, and lives about 100 miles or so away from me? :lol:

What a frickin' maroon. :lol:

I can't help it. I'm apparently married to thousands of people on this board and didn't know it. I demand anniversary and birthday gifts from all of you. :lol:

Sorry to break my silence on this issue, but I'm one of them!

He also "dreams" of working with Edward Van Halen again, then proceeds to refer to him as a "fruitcake" in his new tell all book. What he has to say about Edward may very well true but I seriously doubt it endears him to him any.

I agree

He really tossed Eddie right under the bus.... He made his 80 trillion dollars with the Tequilla business and more power to him .... But now he figures he might as well burn that Van Halen bridge beyond repair. I woder how a class act and amazing Guitarist like Joe Satriani must feel seeing all the "Sammy dumps on Eddie" press going on.... Let alone Jimmy Page who has always had a great deal of respect for EVH.... Imagine the tales from the road the members of Zeppelin probably have on each other?? We've never heard a peep. Not from the 3 of them anyways.

Don't hold your breath Sammy...

The Alien story and him seeing a vison of his Father the morning he paseed on are very interesting stories I must say ... Heard him tellling Howard Stern about it...

I know that Elton John recently called Billy Joel out in a Rolling Stone interview for his alcoholism but according to Elton it was an effort on his part to help Joel by making his problems with alcohol abuse (more) public. Whatever the case, other than one outburst (which was later retracted), he's remained calm about it and has said, "it's just Elton being Elton". Perhaps Sammy feels the same way about Edward, who knows? I've never really had a problem with Hagar but in all honesty it smacks of a way to sell books even though apparently only one chapter of the book is devoted to Edward's drug abuse issues.

Just a brief contribution....I seem to recall that when Montrose started out,their stated intention was to be the American Led Zeppelin.There was some other stuff about Zep playing'American music' and an real American band should be doing what they[iE-Zep] do. Have a listen to that first Montrose record and see if that description/mission statement fits. Caveat-this is just from memory,albeit a strong memory that has been checked a few times.I seem to recall that the whole thing came from a position of respect but there was a definite sense of wanting to knock Zep off their perch,as it were.May expalin Hagar's desire to work with JP .Maybe he simply never stopped liking him and Zep?

Archived