TOOL Thread

oziumrules

I never had the chance to see Zep LIVE like most people here (Im 39) and I am a huge TOOL fan. Zep is definitely the greatest LIVE band EVER and I feel the closest band in the last 30 yrs that MIGHT compare to ZEP as a LIVE band is TOOL. Anyone else feel the same? There LIVE shows are amazing and there lyrics are very ZEP/Page like...

I'll never put more money towards a Tool concert after the show I saw this summer in Milwaukee. Without a doubt the worst concert I've ever been to. The set was short, they had endless interludes between the songs which cut down on the amount of songs that could be played, you couldn't hear the vocals, and they played no encores. BS show <_<

I'll never put more money towards a Tool concert after the show I saw this summer in Milwaukee. Without a doubt the worst concert I've ever been to. The set was short, they had endless interludes between the songs which cut down on the amount of songs that could be played, you couldn't hear the vocals, and they played no encores. BS show <_<

That's too bad... I've only seen some audience videos, the show looks amazing, but I agree that they are very cold with the audience

They play my town on Saturday. Tickets still aren't sold out. I've never gotten around listening to them, so I'm not going. Maybe, in the future after I've sought them out, I'll be kicking myself for not going.

Right now, I don't care.

That's too bad... I've only seen some audience videos, the show looks amazing, but I agree that they are very cold with the audience

They just seem to be shafting their fans. Everything about that show was a stab in the back. The setlist was shit, the performance was shit, the tickets were on the expensive side, and the shirts were over 60 dollars. I saw the Who perform in March and not only were these 60 year olds able to put on a more energetic performance, but their prices were far more reasonable. I guess Tool lived up to their name.

• 4 weeks later...

Tool is the shit - saw them in 98 or 99, fuggin' incredible.

When they played Opiate the place EXPLODED - the whole floor became a pit.

Very intense, and I love their cover of No Quarter.

One of the things I love about Tool is how well they end songs. I've never been a fan of "fade-out" songs, and Tool is the master of intense endings. "Sober", "Jerk Off", Hooker With a Penis", "Crawl Away", you can just keep going. Tool can really hammer the ending of a song.

Tool is the shit - saw them in 98 or 99, fuggin' incredible.

When they played Opiate the place EXPLODED - the whole floor became a pit.

Very intense, and I love their cover of No Quarter.

One of the things I love about Tool is how well they end songs. I've never been a fan of "fade-out" songs, and Tool is the master of intense endings. "Sober", "Jerk Off", Hooker With a Penis", "Crawl Away", you can just keep going. Tool can really hammer the ending of a song.

Third Eye, Ticks And Leeches, The Grudge, Rosetta Stoned, Lateralus and Flood. Six more absolute 'grande finale's'! B)

About the clip: Honestly I'll say you don't miss that much. It's the similar Alex Grey-animations as on Schism and Parabola. I think it would be very refreshing if they would shock everyone and come with another 'band'-vid like Hush. Love that one and it's message! B)

I never had the chance to see Zep LIVE like most people here (Im 39) and I am a huge TOOL fan. Zep is definitely the greatest LIVE band EVER and I feel the closest band in the last 30 yrs that MIGHT compare to ZEP as a LIVE band is TOOL. Anyone else feel the same? There LIVE shows are amazing and there lyrics are very ZEP/Page like...

I am also a huge TOOL fan! Infact Zeppelin and Tool are pretty much the only music I listen to except for the occasional desire for some Pink Floyd. I have seen TOOL in concert every time they get to Los Angeles with the exception of this past December 10th show. I was busy in London at another concert!! Yes i was one of the chosen few!!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently shelled out the dough for the three single DVDs. As cool as their videos are, I always end up disappointed that I don't enjoy them nearly as much as the music. Am I alone in this?

I have to say that Vicarious is by far their best video to date and I very much look forward to checking out Alex Grey's gallery in Manhattan in the near future.

Has anyone been there?

Tool is a fantastic band; and their live show is absolutely worth catching. However, I don't quite see the similarity between Zeppelin and Tool lyrics. There perhaps is some vague occult involvement among some of the two bands' members, but it doesn't really shine through lyrically.

• 2 weeks later...

Tool is Fucking awesome. The story with tool is the same with Zep. As soon as i bought a Cd of their i was hooked. I would have to say there my 2nd favorite band knocking off Metalica, Pink Floyd, Dave Matthews, and Steely Dan. For me thats saying alot. Im starting to get my guitarist into them also.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm new at this and have already done some dumb things (like starting a Jason thread before I realized there was one in the News section, already).

So, somebody started a Tool thread in a different section recently, and then somebody else got pissed off because there is already this one (which I just found :blush: ), and showed us pictures of guns in his posts! :o Sorry to have offended anyone. I, for one, am going to try to post with a little more discretion :P

Anyway, love Tool, seen 'em 2 times, find their music useful for meditation. Great, great band. And now I shut up. :)

Okay, so I'm new at this and have already done some dumb things (like starting a Jason thread before I realized there was one in the News section, already).

So, somebody started a Tool thread in a different section recently, and then somebody else got pissed off because there is already this one (which I just found :blush: ), and showed us pictures of guns in his posts! :o Sorry to have offended anyone. I, for one, am going to try to post with a little more discretion :P

Anyway, love Tool, seen 'em 2 times, find their music useful for meditation. Great, great band. And now I shut up. :)

Don't worry Suz, welcome to the Tool Thread 2.0 beta