List of Plant's Westwood One Broadcasts and Live Soundboards?

Anyone have a complete list of which shows were broadcast by Westwood One, and also the dates that have boards circulating?

I have tried a search and have yet to find anything definitive in terms of what's out there.

There is also an LP called "Superstar Series 89-91" By Westwood One, what songs are on this?

Thanks.

Edited by mrledhed

The one's I know of are as follows:

1983: Compiled from Dallas, Austin and Houston shows in September.

1985: From Dallas, probably July or August.

1985: From London. Definitely the UK, but not positive about London. I'd say October or November.

1988: Philadelphia. Parts may be from East Rutherford, NJ as well. From May.

Not sure about Westwood One broadcasts on following tours.

I'm sure someone here can fill in the gaps and/or provide more details.

Anyone have a complete list of which shows were broadcast by Westwood One, and also the dates that have boards circulating?

I have tried a search and have yet to find anything definitive in terms of what's out there.

There is also an LP called "Superstar Series 89-91" By Westwood One, what songs are on this?

Thanks.

I am aware of these Superstar Concert Series broadcasts featuring Robert Plant on tour as a solo artist:

Air date: 18 Jan 86

(I believe this features Wembley 10 Sep 85)

Air date: Weekend of 21 Jun 86 (3 LP) (Show #86-11)

(I believe this features Dallas 24 Jun 85)

LP 1: (S1) In The Mood / Pledge Pin

(S2) Big Log / Thru With The Two Step

LP 2: (S1) Little By Little

(S2) Slow Dancer / Rockin' At Midnight

LP 3: (S1) Young Boy Blues

(S2) Sea Of Love / Honey Hush / (One Promo)

Air date: Weekend of 24-26 Jun 87 (3 LP) (Show #87-16)

Air date: Weekend of 1-3 Jul 88 (3 LP) (Show #88-13)

(I believe this features Philadelphia 23 May 88)

LP 1: (S1) Helen Of Troy / Other Arms

(S2) Heaven Knows / In The Evening

LP 2: (S1) In The Mood

(S2) Black Country Woman / Ship Of Fools

LP 3: (S1) Dimples / Trampled Underfoot

(S2) Misty Mountain Hop / Tall Cool One / (One Promo)

Air date: 30 Aug 93 (2 CD)

(This features his set at the Glastonbury Festival 25 Jun 93)

Air date: 27 Dec 93 (2 CD)

(This features Van Halen & Robert Plant highlights, I believe from Glastonbury)

Air date: 4 Jul 94

Air date: Week of 20 Mar 95 (Show #95-13)

Edited by SteveAJones

Here's what I know:

The 6/24/85 Dallas show is mislabeled as Cincinnati sometimes and the complete show was never broadcast.

Does anyone know if there exists a Pre-FM CD from the show by Westwood? If someone has the radio promo CD, let me know as I'd like to buy it (If I'm allowed to say that here).

Edited by mrledhed

Here's what I know:

The 6/24/85 Dallas show is mislabeled as Cincinnati sometimes and the complete show was never broadcast.

Does anyone know if there exists a Pre-FM CD from the show by Westwood? If someone has the radio promo CD, let me know as I'd like to buy it (If I'm allowed to say that here).

If I'm not mistaken the 6/24/85 Dallas show was only distributed by Westwood One on 3 vinyl LPs. I know the radio promo is at the end of side three. I'm sure someone out there has transferred the original vinyl (if not the original soundboard source) to cdr.

If I'm not mistaken the 6/24/85 Dallas show was only distributed by Westwood One on 3 vinyl LPs. I know the radio promo is at the end of side three. I'm sure someone out there has transferred the original vinyl (if not the original soundboard source) to cdr.

Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure because a 1990 KBFH CD has only some of the tracks broadcast, but the LP I would assume would include the whole broadcast? If that's the case, I'll just buy the LP and have it transferred it myself.

Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure because a 1990 KBFH CD has only some of the tracks broadcast, but the LP I would assume would include the whole broadcast? If that's the case, I'll just buy the LP and have it transferred it myself.

By 1990 Westwood One was distributing radio programs such as KBFH on cd, but as I recall that was merely a compilation. The 3 disc LP sets contain the complete original broadcasts. Pretty sure the soundboard source is circulating amongst traders but until I can confirm (and obtain a copy) your best bet is vinyl to cdr transfer.

Edited by SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...

You can find all these concerts and many more at greatlivecds.com. I did and was extremely pleased. Also, the prices are super-low! Lots of Robert Plant, Led Zeppelin, Page/Plant, and many other artists, too. I highly recommend this website to everyone. The May, 1988 concert in Philadelphia, in particular, is absolutely stunning! Plenty of great guitar riffs and solos. Doug Boyle at his best!!! (Same for L.A., 1990. I'd love to have those two, especially, on DVD, they're not on Youtube.)

• 3 years later...

Air date: Weekend of 24-26 Jun 87 (3 LP) (Show #87-16)

Correction to typo above: Air date: Weekend of 24-26 Oct 87 (3 LP) (Show #87-16)

• 2 months later...

There was one issued from the Atlantic 40th Anniversary celebration concert, it's a 3 disc set featuring Genesis, Foreigner, Led Zeppelin (2 sides) and Robert Plant (1 side). Thus 1/2 of the 3 disc box set is Zep and/or Plant.

Catalog #CO 88-E

For Broadcast the weekend of November 11-13 1988

Copies of the cue sheet, box and labels can be found in my eBay ad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121436694360?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Promotional 3 album box set featuring highlights of the May 14 1988 Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Celebration from Madison Square Gardens, NYC.

Led Zeppelin's set is contained on sides 4 & 5 with Robert Plant solo on side 6. Tracks:

Led Zeppelin: Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love, Misty Mountain Hop, Stairway To Heaven.

Robert Plant: Ship Of Fools, Tall Cool One

Genesis: Medley: Turn It On Again / Land of Confusion / Misunderstanding / Throwing It All Away / Can't Hurry Love / Shortcut To Somewhere / All I Need Is A Miracle / That's All / Tonight Tonight Tonight / Invisible Touch / Turn It On Again

Foreigner: Hot Blooded, Jukebox Hero, Urgent, I Want To Know What Love Is

Reunion Arena
Dallas, Texas (USA)
June 24, 1985
FM rebroadcast master tape
runtime: 78:14 (minutes/seconds)

setlist:
1: in the mood 8:34
2: little by little 9:35
3: easily led 7:36
4: too loud 6:59 (end applause spliced)
5: pledge pin 5:02
6: fat lip 6:35
7: band introductions 1:19
8: slow dancer 9:00
rockin at midnight *
9: young boy blues 8:41
10: backup band intros :38
11: mellow saxophone 3:08
12: sea of love 3:27
13: big log 7:37
look out Mabel *
*= apparently included in this concert, but not in this broadcast.

Reunion Arena

Dallas, Texas (USA)

June 24, 1985

FM rebroadcast master tape

runtime: 78:14 (minutes/seconds)

setlist:

1: in the mood 8:34

2: little by little 9:35

3: easily led 7:36

4: too loud 6:59 (end applause spliced)

5: pledge pin 5:02

6: fat lip 6:35

7: band introductions 1:19

8: slow dancer 9:00

rockin at midnight *

9: young boy blues 8:41

10: backup band intros :38

11: mellow saxophone 3:08

12: sea of love 3:27

13: big log 7:37

look out Mabel *

*= apparently included in this concert, but not in this broadcast.

Where could I find this?

• 3 years later...

I love to get official Superstar Concert Series shows, I try to get them when I can. I have show 93-36, which is Robert Plant in Glastonbury in 1993 and it also includes some of Philadelphia 1988. I also have a vinyl set; "Stars of the Superstars '88" which includes some of Robert Plant in Philadelphia 1988.

IMG_20180402_1726287_rewind.thumb.jpg.a1839e99bff8c586ff413469ed54e04f.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 months later...

😀 How I miss the King Biscuit Flower Hour, the Superstar Concert Series, the Artist Network World Premier, Rockline, In the Studio with Redbeard and other once regularly aired radio shows.

Edited by luvlz2

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Just finally got this, show 95-47, Page & Plant at the Shark Tank in San Jose in 1995.

991808057_Page-Plant95WestwoodOne.thumb.jpg.86b332a4194b8a4afe38ab0e66aa3a5e.jpg

I remember hearing that show on the radio the night it was broadcast. Still have the cassette somewhere...I was out of my mind on mushrooms. Last time I ever ate them.