In MY Time of Dying

1967.jpg

In My Time of Dying

RP-JP77.jpg

Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

group117.jpg

Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

610.jpg

Hmm, I did not realize this at first, but Pink Floyd played the same venue three nights later on their In The Flesh tour. To have been my age and living in Atlanta at that time!

And I have several of the Pink Floyd-Animals 1977 bootlegs and they were plagued withfans popping fireworks on their tour just like Zep were haha

At last count I have 40 bootlegs from that tour, and the fireworks/rowdy audiences were only really a huge problem toward the end, especially when they played Philadelphia, New York, and then Montreal. The earlier gigs, both in Europe and in the States were rather sedate, in comparison.

At last count I have 40 bootlegs from that tour, and the fireworks/rowdy audiences were only really a huge problem toward the end, especially when they played Philadelphia, New York, and then Montreal. The earlier gigs, both in Europe and in the States were rather sedate, in comparison.

I remember the New York ones being bad and Roger Waters even cusses at the crowd-but it has been awhile since I listened to them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He ripped into everyone at that point. The crowd, the crew, everyone.

Yeah, by the time the Floyd hit MSG Waters was a ticking time bomb...the infamous Montreal incident was inevitable by that point. Some of Water's rants are pretty funny, though. I like the July 3rd show the best for that- when they're doing "Pigs On The Wing pt 1", a firecracker goes off, and Waters spits out "You cunt!" without missing a beat... :lol:

Nice Zeppelin Atlanta pix, btw, David.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived