Jimmy Page Says...

MrZoSo

Or so this article says...

Linkage

Led Zep icon Jimmy Page has vowed to finally release new music this year.

The guitarist, 67, told me: “I’ve been waiting to launch it on a new website. I’ve never had a website. Now it’s ready.”

Calling Mr. Jones!

A completely unsubstantiated tabloid report on something that isn't really news. It would be more credible (to me anyway) if the columnist stated when and where he allegedly said this because it sounds like regurgitation of what Jimmy said last year.

A completely unsubstantiated tabloid report on something that isn't really news. It would be more credible (to me anyway) if the columnist stated when and where he allegedly said this because it sounds like regurgitation of what Jimmy said last year.

Always the voice of reason. I just got carried away with the potentials: new music, live interviews, on line clinics, etc.

I posted this in the "Is Jimmy retired?" thread in the newbie forum. It was a blog from the Ivor Novello Awards, my impression is that it's a new quote. Especially because last year when he mentioned his website he referenced "next year".

Time will tell but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Maybe he is putting the website together himself. laugh.gif

Just picture him hunched over a computer, pecking on the keyboard, yelling at Ross to bring him more coffee while he is on hell-hold with tech support.computertrash.gif

I am glad he didn't put Zeppelin together in the same manner. At this pace, their first album would have been released in 1988.

If Jimmy had been working on new music, there would have been some kind of leak about the project over the past several months. Since there have been no leaks about new music, I have to believe that he hasn't worked on anything. I would be shocked if he announced that he was releasing a new album in the next month or two because of the lack of leaks about this.

I think he was fazed by Jonesy and Plant moving so quickly music wise, he has been a bit behind since o2 they have sort have moved on...

02 nothing, he's been "a bit behind" JPJ & Robert since Page/Plant imploded at the end of 1998!

If Jimmy had been working on new music, there would have been some kind of leak about the project over the past several months.

Well, he has recorded dribs and drabs over the past 13 years but it remains to be seen if it's ever deemed viable for an album. Two tracks were used for the IMGL film.

It seems the column was a report from the 56th Ivor Novello Awards in London yesterday. Jimmy was in attendance. Agreed we have been hearing the same thing for a long time but this is being reported as a "new" quote.

If Jimmy had been working on new music, there would have been some kind of leak about the project over the past several months. Since there have been no leaks about new music, I have to believe that he hasn't worked on anything. I would be shocked if he announced that he was releasing a new album in the next month or two because of the lack of leaks about this.

Not necessarily true. Gillian Welch, who hasn't released an album in 8 years has managed to keep it a secret that she's releasing a new album on June 28th. It would still be a secret had it not been reported on NPR's website in relation to a story about a listening party they conducted for new music. Goes to show that even in the age of the Interwebz that you can still keep such projects under wraps.

The man has been stating for a long time now that he has been working on new music, and we have been waiting for the new site also. It's not far fetched at all, just taking a VERY long time to come to fruition.

Archived