1. 1. Which title?

• Led Zeppelin IV
    • Zoso
    • Four Symbols
    • The Fourth Album
    • Untitled
    • Runes
    • Other

I'm pretty sure I saw a poll on this before, but I can't find it anywhere, so I figured I just restart it. What do you call Led Zeppelin's fourth album? When I'm speaking about it, I simply call it "The Fourth Album", but it's listed as Untitled on my iTunes, so I'll vote Untitled.

I've always called it LZ4. Always thought people who called it anything else were being pedantic. But if you listen to the 72 shows, Plant occasionally introduced unreleased HOtH songs, or the as yet untitled album itself, as coming from or being 'Led Zeppelin 4', IIRC.

Hmmm....

Led Zeppelin IV

That's the name and that's what it is. It's weird though, I call Led Zeppelin V "Houses of The Holy." Same with anything else in the "latter days."

Er Pepsi, excuse me but the 5th album IS called "Houses of The Holy"

Regards, Danny

I'm pretty sure I saw a poll on this before, but I can't find it anywhere, so I figured I just restart it. What do you call Led Zeppelin's fourth album? When I'm speaking about it, I simply call it "The Fourth Album", but it's listed as Untitled on my iTunes, so I'll vote Untitled.

Yes, and when someone, maybe even me, suggested "anything but Led Zeppelin IV" it caused almost as big of stir as one would get by listing automatic transmissions as a pet peeve. I guess it's a matter of how hard core one really is.......or do you just go with the flow......you know.....one foot on the gas and one on the brake.

I'm the same way. I refer to it as the fourth album, but I don't call it Led Zeppelin IV. If I'm going to refer to the album by name, I tend to call it the 'Untitled Album'. One difference though is that I don't have it on Itunes. I just have the cd (and the vinyl, I think... in a box... in a storage unit... *sigh*).

I bought the cassette first years ago.And as the cassette's only title was Led Zeppelin,when describing it to others,for a long time I called it "Man with sticks".:blink:

Most people who were into Zep knew straight away what I was on about,and then...

"Oh,that one" someone said, "that's Zeppelin four".

So I call it Four now,but I voted "other" in the poll.

The Hickory-man image has become one of my favourites amongst Zeppelin artwork.

I bought the cassette first years ago.And as the cassette's only title was Led Zeppelin,when describing it to others,for a long time I called it "Man with sticks".:blink:

Most people who were into Zep knew straight away what I was on about,and then...

Love it.

'OTHER' for "Oh yeah, that one".

:lol:

maybe it's an aussie thing, i have a similar recollection.

i have called it led zep 4 for years now. i love the artwork too.

Can't remember where or when, but I distinctly remember Robert calling it "the fourth album" in an interview. I remember because I'd always heard it called Led Zep IV. Being a freak, I started calling it "the fourth album". :)

For me it's always been "Zeppelin IV."

Never really called it anything else. Even before I knew about the whole story behind why they didn't give the album an official title, i was calling it "Zeppelin IV" because that's where it was chronologically. The album is so well known, and that usually does it when you bring anything up regarding the album.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived