Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
cheesehead1204

What do you call the Fourth Album?

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which title?

• Led Zeppelin IV
    • Zoso
    • Four Symbols
    • The Fourth Album
    • Untitled
    • Runes
    • Other

It's listed as "Led Zeppelin IV" on most online databases, so that's what I call it. I think that's what the barcode sticker on the CD I bought said. Walmart said Zoso, while Hastings said IV.

Growing up, if we were already spinning Led Zeppelin LP's and it was time for a new LP to be put on then I would refer to it a IV. But if we were spinning some other band and I wanted to listen to IV then I would call it Led Zeppelin IV. Today, since it's always me making the choice what to play I don't even think much about it to be honest but I guess that I would still have the same train of thought as when I was a youngster.

'The Fourth Album' works best for me, by calling it that you're not giving it a specific title, but everyone still gets what you mean

It's Led Zeppelin's fourth release! Was intended to have no name, & I honor that.

I always just called it

Edited by JLee93

robert plant said it was "The Fourth Album" in one interview, but im going with Led Zeppelin IV.

I call it "The 4th Album", and when I write to refer to it, I write LZ IV.

Anyway, how would you pronounce:

lzcom_footer.gif

I call it "The 4th Album", and when I write to refer to it, I write LZ IV.

Anyway, how would you pronounce:

lzcom_footer.gif

Since the release I heard Led Zeppelin 4. Rover you could pronounce this Led Zeppelin For Ever

Doesn't Jimmy himself call it Led Zeppelin IV? Or 'The Fourth Album'. I never understood how anyone ever got any other name for it after Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III...

Can anyone shed some light on how the title 'Zoso' ever came about for it?

And Led Zeppelin 4? C'mon now. It's not Led Zeppelin 2, Led Zeppelin 3 and Led Zeppelin 4 lol.

I understand 'Untitled' but Led Zeppelin IV is simple for everyone.

I also wonder why Houses Of The Holy was untitled for a long time. I never knew there was originally a banner on it until the remasters.