Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strider

Strider Takes His GF To Led Zeppelin And Loses Her To Robert.

Strider, I have a Reddit account, and any time someone on the Zeppelin subreddit asks what being at a Led Zeppelin concert was like, I link to this post. I consider this required reading for all Zeppelin fans, especially those who were too young or not even born yet to see Zeppelin. I can vividly picture each and every detail you recount, and I think it's allowed me to at least get a taste for what made a Zeppelin concert so special. Man you are one hell of a lucky guy to have seen them so many times! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for sharing your memories with us. They truly are a treasure. :notworthy:

9 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Strider, I have a Reddit account, and any time someone on the Zeppelin subreddit asks what being at a Led Zeppelin concert was like, I link to this post. I consider this required reading for all Zeppelin fans, especially those who were too young or not even born yet to see Zeppelin. I can vividly picture each and every detail you recount, and I think it's allowed me to at least get a taste for what made a Zeppelin concert so special. Man you are one hell of a lucky guy to have seen them so many times! From the bottom of my heart, thank you for sharing your memories with us. They truly are a treasure. :notworthy:

Reddit is a world I don't visit so I guess I have to thank you for expanding the reach of my Zeppelin scribblings.

My mom and dad divorced when I was young and I spent the 1970s with a series of stepmoms. My mom always feels guilty about this and whenever she starts to apologize I stop her in her tracks and thank her for getting the hell out of her hometown and giving me the good fortune to be born in Southern California in the 1960s in time to fully experience the 1970s.

That was pure luck. Whatever ills my childhood had, seeing Led Zeppelin more than made up for them.

You could crucify me like Jesus Christ. If there is a Led Zeppelin concert at the end, I'll endure whatever it takes.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:28 PM, Strider said:

Is this Montreal 1972 you are talking about or Montreal 1975? Either way, kudos to you for the balls and brains to sneak a tape recorder in back then!

Stryder, used to take tape recorders in alll the time.  My teenage objective was simply to be able to listen to the show a few times later on.  Posterity was not on my mind as I would have taken better care recording, used best tapes available and stored properly. Many of the shows I recorded over.  I know, wow.  Not Zep but many, many other late 60s thru mid 80's from Yes to Trower to Crimson to Ten Years after and in between.  The recording mentioned above is 72 altho I did also tape Mtl. 75 and a couple of shows NYC 77.

An early show on the debut RP US tour in 83 (Detroit), had two recorders. One tucked in the back of my pants covered by tshirt and one in my boot just in case.