Not so hot Zep songs

bouillon

166 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your THREE least favourite?

Boullion explained why on this page and I agree, Fool In the Rain wasn't a great Zep moment. Neither was Carouselambra which was late 70's bloat deluxe.

Wearing and Tearing didn't make the final album, but these two did. Go figure, to this day I can't.

Ozone baby one of the least popular!? no way. Thats the best from the last two albums. I know i'm going to get a lot of disagreement but the only Zep song i really cannot listen to is The Battle of Evermore, i just can't stand it.

Edited by Led In My Head

• 3 months later...

I have to say, I like most of the songs on this list. Ozone Baby having the second most votes, no way. JPJ bass line on that song alone is reason enough to love it. The one song on this list that I've never had much use for is Hats Off To Roy Harper. I can't put it into words, but I just never got that song. The weakest closer on any Zep album.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

1. D'yer Mak'er: the *only* truly bad song LZ did. I haven't listened to this all the way through since I was a kid. Blech. Oh! Oh! Oh!

2. I'm Gonna Crawl. At best, it's OK when I'm in a particular mood. Otherwise, it can come off as a Vegas lounge lizard song.

3. Any drum solos. Not bad, but they can get boring. Maybe if I were a drummer, I'd have a different perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

1. D'yer Mak'er: the *only* truly bad song LZ did. I haven't listened to this all the way through since I was a kid. Blech. Oh! Oh! Oh!

2. I'm Gonna Crawl. At best, it's OK when I'm in a particular mood. Otherwise, it can come off as a Vegas lounge lizard song.

3. Any drum solos. Not bad, but they can get boring. Maybe if I were a drummer, I'd have a different perspective.

Any drum solos????? I take it that if you have seen Zep live you did not enjoy the drumming bits, Bonzos solos could last 45+ mins, what would you do, go for a walk?

D'Yer Mak'er is a terrible song... failed attempt at reggae "When I read the letter you sent me, it made me mah mah mad" wow.. thats really bad

I can only say that when D'yer Mak'er came out reggae wasnt actually mainstream.

So it wasnt seen as a reggae styled song at the time was it?

It's a great tune :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe Fool in the Rain is on there! I know you don't like to hear this but it has maybe the greatest drum beat ever, and is just an amazing song. I think you did forget South Bound Saurez, that song is definitely not so hot.

• 7 months later...

After all these years I still can't stand The Crunge.The idea may have been ok for a 'b' side but it sticks out like dogs balls on the lp.It's recorded wrong,too dry sounding,Plants vocals too close to the mid and too compressed and shut that confounded synthesiser up.