Best version of "Eddie"?

pujols05

As yesterday was the 34th anniversary of the "Listen to This Eddie" show, I would like suggestions on the best version of this recording...seeing how it's been remastered more often than Dark Side of the Moon. I have heard the version included in the "Week for Badgeholders" is not up to snuff.

As yesterday was the 34th anniversary of the "Listen to This Eddie" show, I would like suggestions on the best version of this recording...seeing how it's been remastered more often than Dark Side of the Moon. I have heard the version included in the "Week for Badgeholders" is not up to snuff.

Probably the Winston Remasters version, I'd say.

Hi guys.

I know...who's he...he never posts here...long story.

Anyway...I have a version called "Genuine Masters" that I'm playing through Jet Audio using Logitec Z-4 speakers with a sub woofer and it kicks my ass. I don't remember which version I had before this but, this GM was quite an upgrade IMO. Maybe I'll have to try this Winston to see if it's better.

Maybe I should post more too. You all seem pretty cool.

That's what most here have said. Will have to look those places for it. Does this version have the noted edit in TYG?

The Winston version of TYG is complete with part of it being patched with another source,

My personal opinion, i really like the sound of the Genuine Masters: Collectors Edition, but the Winston one is excellent...

I have heard good things about the Jelly Roll and Silver Rarities versions, but havn't got them to comment...

Edited by johnlennon696

Haven't gotten the Winston remaster version yet...here's the Genuine Masters DVD-Audio I have, called "Watch and Listen to This, Eddie"...while the audio is 6.21.77, the video is the Seattle Kingdome show.

waltte_dvd.jpg

My Winston remaster does not have the edit in TYG. Am I the only one with this problem?

By edit, do you mean the section in TYG where the gap in Millard's tape is filled with another inferior audience tape? My Genuine Masters and EVSD copies all have the gap filled in and my Silver Rarities and original vinyl copies don't.

I know some people that don't like the gaps filled with other sources, but I do...I don't like the feeling I'm missing music.

My mission now is to find a Winston remaster edition of LTTE.

The Winston version of TYG is complete with part of it being patched with another source,

My personal opinion, i really like the sound of the Genuine Masters: Collectors Edition, but the Winston one is excellent...

I have heard good things about the Jelly Roll and Silver Rarities versions, but havn't got them to comment...

Yes, that's the one I have and, the patch in TYG is there and done well too. Since you have both, is Winston THAT much of an upgrade? I know it's your opinion of course.

Yes, that's the one I have and, the patch in TYG is there and done well too. Since you have both, is Winston THAT much of an upgrade? I know it's your opinion of course.

I do find the GM version (the CD one, not the DVD), has a punchier sound IMHO, but the Winston one is really good, plus it plugs the gap in TYG...

By edit, do you mean the section in TYG where the gap in Millard's tape is filled with another inferior audience tape? My Genuine Masters and EVSD copies all have the gap filled in and my Silver Rarities and original vinyl copies don't.

My mission now is to find a Winston remaster edition of LTTE.

I'm with you as I'm part of this mission too!

I do find the GM version (the CD one, not the DVD), has a punchier sound IMHO, but the Winston one is really good, plus it plugs the gap in TYG...

My GM... DOES have the gap plugged in TYG. It is a DVD Audio version I think and has 16.9 WideScreen Collectors Edit. and Lt Ed/Promo on the cover which is different from what Strider has posted. It sounds great compared to the first one I had but, I think i'll track down the Winston version just to make sure I have the best one to my ears. Thanks johnlennon696

post-6360-0-84100700-1308983455_thumb.jp

• 4 years later...

My favorite as been The X-Mas edition. To my ears it was the best I'd heard. Just recently I got a hold of a download of the Winston remaster. Great job Winston! I still love the X-Mas edition but it's no longer my go-to version.

front.jpg.5310dd4fd448b48c2322d07c828b4b

1977-06-21 Inglewood, CA WR front.jpg

Edited by Jukkin

Pleas ignore the post of mine above, what a PITA it is putting up pictures. I accidentally added a picture that was too big, could I delete? Er....No. And I'm bleeding baffled as to why not. Tried replacing it with smaller files - that worked well as you can see.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but if someone could help me out in regard to finding a good quality March 21st, 1975 I would be eternally in your debt and name my first child after you.

Regarding LTTE...the Winston Remaster is without doubt the best.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but if someone could help me out in regard to finding a good quality March 21st, 1975 I would be eternally in your debt and name my first child after you.

Regarding LTTE...the Winston Remaster is without doubt the best.

I have cdrs of lossless version of Blow Jobs that I got off an old torrent site years ago. I also have an excellent two source mix from same torrent site . Here's the info... 

3/21/75  Seattle- 2 source mix from masters- Source 1 Lineage: Stan Gutoski's master reels x2 @ full-track mono @ 7.5 ips > Bill Bratton's 1st gen reels x2 @ full-track mono @ 7.5 ips > wav (24/96)

Source 1 Taped By: Stan Gutoski in association with JEMS Source 1 Transferred By: weedwacker (Andy R.)  Source 2 Lineage: Mike Tate's master cassettes x4> Bill Bratton's 1st gen reels x2 ( reel 1 @ 3 3/4 ips and reel 2 @ 7 1/2 ips) > wav (24/96) Source 2 Taped By: Mike Tate and Mark Gorelick Source 2 Transferred By: Presence (Jason P.) Both sources mixed and edited at 24bit / 96000kHz. Finished wav files downsampled to 16 bit / 44100kHz cd quality wav files and sbe corrected.

I can upload lossless files to dropbox or wetransfer for you. 

Edited by porgie66

I have:

Artist: Led Zeppelin
Date: 1975.03.21
Title: The Hammer Of The Gods
Label: Last Stand Disc LSD-82/83/84/85
Venue: Seattle Center Coliseum
Source: Audience

4 CD's - but they are MP3's

Porgie66 - I think you win (lossless) Please pm me a link??? :)

8 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I have cdrs of lossless version of Blow Jobs that I got off an old torrent site years ago. I also have an excellent two source mix from same torrent site . Here's the info... 

3/21/75  Seattle- 2 source mix from masters- Source 1 Lineage: Stan Gutoski's master reels x2 @ full-track mono @ 7.5 ips > Bill Bratton's 1st gen reels x2 @ full-track mono @ 7.5 ips > wav (24/96)

Source 1 Taped By: Stan Gutoski in association with JEMS Source 1 Transferred By: weedwacker (Andy R.)  Source 2 Lineage: Mike Tate's master cassettes x4> Bill Bratton's 1st gen reels x2 ( reel 1 @ 3 3/4 ips and reel 2 @ 7 1/2 ips) > wav (24/96) Source 2 Taped By: Mike Tate and Mark Gorelick Source 2 Transferred By: Presence (Jason P.) Both sources mixed and edited at 24bit / 96000kHz. Finished wav files downsampled to 16 bit / 44100kHz cd quality wav files and sbe corrected.

I can upload lossless files to dropbox or wetransfer for you. 

Thanks Porgie, you are a good man.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Page Les Paul said:

Just curious if anything has changed as far as the best version of "Listen To This Eddie". I have access to the Winston Remaster of "Mike The Mike". Is there anything better?