Jimmy at the old mill house

joey1985

Haven't seen those before. They do seem to be 2001-2003 era.

Could it be even earlier Steve, as that is exactly how Jimmy Page looked, even down to the clothes, when I saw him on the Page/Plant tour of 98 and with the Black Crowes in 99.

Could it be even earlier Steve, as that is exactly how Jimmy Page looked, even down to the clothes, when I saw him on the Page/Plant tour of 98 and with the Black Crowes in 99.

Agreed and I think the key to closer confirmation of the date is to try to match the signed guitar to something like a charitable auction of some sort. Of course, if this signing was for a non-public purpose we may never know the date for certain.

he bought it sometime in 1980 and started moving in august 1980 then sold it in 1990 then bought it back again in the mid 90's I believe then sold it yet again sometime later, maybe early - mid 2000's. I'm sure someone on here knows more. I do know he bought it from actor michael cain and this is the house Bonham passed away in.

he bought it sometime in 1980 and started moving in august 1980 then sold it in 1990 then bought it back again in the mid 90's I believe then sold it yet again sometime later, maybe early - mid 2000's. I'm sure someone on here knows more. I do know he bought it from actor michael cain and this is the house Bonham passed away in.

A little history...

allsaintschurchwindsor.co.uk/pages/history/dedworth_through_the_ages

It is thought that Clewer and Dedworth were originally Saxon villages. They are certainly listed as manors in the Domesday Book of 1086, under the Saxon names of Clivore and Dideorde, when the populations are estimated to have been about 60 and 20 respectively. Both manors were in the Berkshire Hundred of Ripplesmere.

Following the Norman Conquest in 1066, the ownership of Clivore had passed from Harold, Earl of Wessex to Ralf, son of Siegfried, whilst Dideorde had passed from Hugh the Chamberlain to Albert of Lotharingia.

About 1070, the high ground of Clivore was taken for the building of Windsor castle. For many centuries the Crown paid rent to the manor of Clewer.

None of the pre - 12th century buildings of Dedworth or Clewer have survived, but at about the year 1100, the nave of St. Andrew's Church in Clewer was built.

Mill House at the end of Mill Lane in Clewer marks the site where a mill stood for over 800 years. It is thought that there was probably a river landing point and a ferry crossing of the Thames nearby.

wiki/Clewer_Mill_Stream

The corn mill at Clewer was first mentioned in the Domesday Book with a value of 10 shillings and there has been a building on the site ever since. In 1781 the mill burnt down and its machinery, which had been visited by George III as it was so "singular and curious", was destroyed. The mill was rebuilt after the fire and although the water levels were affected following the building of the weirs at Romney and Boveney Locks, Clewer Mill was operational until the late 19th century. In the 1920s Clewer Mill House was the home of a Mrs Moscockle who used to dress like Queen Mary and wave regally to pedestrians from her Rolls-Royce as she was driven around Windsor.
Edited by Silver Rider

I did not know he bought it back. Does he still own it? I only know about Dreanary (as well as Tower House).

He originally purchased it for 900,000 pounds from actor Michael Caine in June 1980. He allegedly sold it circa 1996 after he and

Jimena left for Brazil then reacquired it, but I'm not so sure he did sell the property at that time, or at least that a sale was completed. In any event, by 2008 he had sold and moved out of the Old Mill House. A number of items were placed into an auction at that time.

I did not know he bought it back. Does he still own it? I only know about Dreanary (as well as Tower House).

I don't think he still own it.I saw that house was on sale somewhere on the internet.

As far as I know Jimmy lived in an another house named 'Fen Place Mill' from 2003-2006,but he sold it too in 2007.

As the guitarist of Led Zeppelin, he has built up a £70 million fortune, but it seems Jimmy Page is less talented at making money from property.

The 63-year-old musician is selling his magnificent eight-bedroom country pile, Fen Place Mill, near East Grinstead, West Sussex, for £2.8 million.

It includes two tennis courts, stables and three lakes set in 123 acres.

But given that he bought the house for £2 million four years ago ? since when estate agents say average prices in Sussex have risen by 11 per cent a year ?Page may be angling for a quick sale.

?It should be worth well over £3 million by now,? I am told.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-458537/Cardinals-anger-PMs-priest.html

He originally purchased it for 900,000 pounds from actor Michael Caine in June 1980. He allegedly sold it circa 1996 after he and

Jimena left for Brazil then reacquired it, but I'm not so sure he did sell the property at that time, or at least that a sale was completed. In any event, by 2008 he had sold and moved out of the Old Mill House. A number of items were placed into an auction at that time.

Although £900,000 pounds was the widely reported figure when he first bought it...jimmy always said he paid much less than that. Then, later in Michael Caines autobiography Caine states he sold it to Jimmy for £500,000.

I don't think he still own it.I saw that house was on sale somewhere on the internet.

As far as I know Jimmy lived in an another house named 'Fen Place Mill' from 2003-2006,but he sold it too in 2007.

As the guitarist of Led Zeppelin, he has built up a £70 million fortune, but it seems Jimmy Page is less talented at making money from property.

The 63-year-old musician is selling his magnificent eight-bedroom country pile, Fen Place Mill, near East Grinstead, West Sussex, for £2.8 million.

It includes two tennis courts, stables and three lakes set in 123 acres.

But given that he bought the house for £2 million four years ago ? since when estate agents say average prices in Sussex have risen by 11 per cent a year ?Page may be angling for a quick sale.

?It should be worth well over £3 million by now,? I am told.

http://www.dailymail...PMs-priest.html

He probably just looks for the right buyer. I would imagine that he likes to move around easily and knowing that the properties are left in good hands.

Although £900,000 pounds was the widely reported figure when he first bought it...jimmy always said he paid much less than that. Then, later in Michael Caines autobiography Caine states he sold it to Jimmy for £500,000.

Interesting. I have Caine's autobiography, 'What's It All About?' but didn't remember reading that. I'll take your word for it though I wonder if a lower figure was cited to dodge the tax man.

• 2 years later...

Jimmy certainly knows how to live well. I know this is about Jimmy's house(s), but do we know anything about Robert's house on the Welsh border?

Maybe this should go in the mysteries thread. If so, Steve, just kick me out of here.

It is still owned by Robert and as such online discussion of it is generally discouraged.

Weird story. I visited Jimmy's house in Windsor in 1988, he was home, we talked. Two years later, I went back. The front gate was open, I rang the bell, no one answered. I walked onto the grounds and was behind the house. I encountered an old man, probably in his late 60's, and he said "What are you doing here?" I said I was looking for Jimmy he said he'd sold the house and no longer lived there and told me to bugger off.

???

Edited by bluecongo

I think it looks kind of tacky and dated. A projector for a television in the living room? really? I mean it beats a homeless shelter, but just because Jimmy Page owned it doesn't change my humble opinion.

The ad is from 1986, 27 years ago. One thing I noticed is that the ad doesn't mention a soundproof room or outbuilding. Didn't Page have home studio when he owned it?

The ad is from 1986, 27 years ago. One thing I noticed is that the ad doesn't mention a soundproof room or outbuilding. Didn't Page have home studio when he owned it?

He had the Sol. Actually, april_lynn just sent to me an articale from 1998 where he says it was 10 minuetes away which he said sold when he sold the house.

It's not an ad, as such, it's documents within a full color cardboard slipcase....a real estate portfolio the brokers would provide to prospective buyers. Anyway, Jimmy never needed a home studio at Old Mill House because he had also purchased the Sol studio which was only minutes away.

It's not an ad, as such, it's documents within a full color cardboard slipcase....a real estate portfolio the brokers would provide to prospective buyers. Anyway, Jimmy never needed a home studio at Old Mill House because he had also purchased the Sol studio which was only minutes away.

Thanks for confirming pretty much what I said said above. ;)