What an utter and most welcome surprise!

Finally, after all these years the mystery of the girl in "The Song Remains the Same" has been revealed, and the ray of light piercing the darkness is wielded by none other than the fair maiden herself.

Thank you, thank you, and most definitely and sincerely THANK YOU, Ms. Virginia Parker, for taking the time to share your experience with us...and for being willing to reveal yourself after so long.

From the time "The Song Remains the Same" premiered in October 1976 to the end of 1980, I saw the movie 88 times, and I often wondered about you: Who was that beautiful princess? Why did I not see her in other movies after that? Was she a friend of the band?

Many many years later, all I could find was a name...Virginia Parker...but little else. I thought I would die without finding out anything more. Thankfully, that will not be the case now, thanks to your generosity in sharing with us strangers a little slice of your past life.

Thank you for giving this Led Zeppelin fan a little closure on a facet of their career that has long fascinated me. Best wishes on your future endeavors.

Hi Virginia,

I really like that painting, do you ever sell any of your work?

Not sure which painting you mean. Can you describe it? And thanks! Telling a painter you really like her work is like telling a mother her baby is beautiful.

I'm represented by Mason Murer Fine Art (Atlanta, GA) and Gail Pierson Gallery (Cape May, NJ). On my website, if a painting is not marked sold, it's available though the gallery. Thanks for asking.

An American girl from the south played the part of the princess in the tower. I was working in London as a model and was booked for the job by my agency, Models One. I don't really know why I was cast, but I suspect it was my hair - I did a lot of cosmetics and hair product ads back in the day. I wasn't an actress. Doing editorial pages for English Vogue, Queen and Honey meant more to me in terms of my career.

At the time the shoot was not a big deal to me - just another day of work. Who knew the age of the internet would extend the movie's shelf life from a couple of years to eternity? My on screen time only lasts a few minutes. It took longer for the hair people to get my straight hair curled with tongs than it did to do the take. I was told to 'look at the camera and don't smile.' Mostly I stood around and tried not to wrinkle the costume.

Post-modeling career, I was a journalist for 20 plus years and have been a fine art painter since 2001. Every now and again someone does a Google search, and emails me from my website, asking if I did the movie.

My kids get a kick out of it. Two of them work in the film business and often the director of photography is familiar with it.

The Song really does Remain the Same in the age of Google and Youtube. Glad you have fond memories of the film.

http://virginiaparker.net

http://vaparker.blogspot.com

Thank you for posting! Very cool!

Thanks one and all. You have made this a terrific experience for me. Led Zeppelin fans are the epitome of graciousness.

Here's a photo of me and my family. My son is a big wall climber and rigging grip, my eldest daughter is the creative mastermind of her own art/performance band The Back Pockets, and my middle daughter is a film production assistant. My beloved spouse is a Key Grip and my biggest fan, and the little puppy licking my nose is Madeline.

Thank y'all again for the nicest welcome anyone could wish for.

post-21599-0-15379800-1345585692_thumb.j

Beautiful family Virginia - wow - I can't tell you how many times I have seen your face on that movie, it really is something strangely special to see this thread now. I am a little choked up. Thanks - you are very cool to post here x

Virginia, your paintings seem to coincide with the garden's tomato season that is going on right now! I've been making different tomato salads all week. Have you ever done any Song Remains the Same fantasy sequence paintings, even just for your own experimentation (not particularly for sale)?

Hello Virginia!

Like everyone else here, thank you for sharing this part of your life with us. Like Knebby, a little choked up here, I used to dream about being you..I mean we are talking Robert riding in on a horse, in a castle...

I live in Atlanta and would love to attend one of your exhibitions.

Your family is beautiful and it shows how proud you are. I hope you are able to continue posting here. There truly are a lot of wonderful people here...and we do enjoy when something like this happens. :yesnod:

Wow...what a great thread this is! Hello Virginia and welcome! I must agree with Deb about dreaming to be you. The whole dreamy Robert sequence is by far my favorite part of TSRTS and I don't care who knows it...lol.

You have a beautiful family and I see you have Cavaliers. I have two myself...that's my youngest in my avatar...Lexi. They are such sweet dogs!

Virginia, your paintings seem to coincide with the garden's tomato season that is going on right now! I've been making different tomato salads all week. Have you ever done any Song Remains the Same fantasy sequence paintings, even just for your own experimentation (not particularly for sale)?

I go to the farmer's markets and audition heirloom tomatoes. It cracks the vendors up. I take lots of photos and that carries me through the bleak post-tomato season.

I've never done any paintings that reference the film, but one may be in the works. My paintings are all autobiographical, a kind of visual journal. Some are more oblique than others. I'm a hybrid, being a writer and painter. As a friend who switched from architectural design to writing mysteries says, she's changed from being a vizzie to a verbie. I went the other way.

Edited by VirginiaParker

An American girl from the south played the part of the princess in the tower. I was working in London as a model and was booked for the job by my agency, Models One. I don't really know why I was cast, but I suspect it was my hair - I did a lot of cosmetics and hair product ads back in the day. I wasn't an actress. Doing editorial pages for English Vogue, Queen and Honey meant more to me in terms of my career.

At the time the shoot was not a big deal to me - just another day of work. Who knew the age of the internet would extend the movie's shelf life from a couple of years to eternity? My on screen time only lasts a few minutes. It took longer for the hair people to get my straight hair curled with tongs than it did to do the take. I was told to 'look at the camera and don't smile.' Mostly I stood around and tried not to wrinkle the costume.

Post-modeling career, I was a journalist for 20 plus years and have been a fine art painter since 2001. Every now and again someone does a Google search, and emails me from my website, asking if I did the movie.

My kids get a kick out of it. Two of them work in the film business and often the director of photography is familiar with it.

The Song really does Remain the Same in the age of Google and Youtube. Glad you have fond memories of the film.

http://virginiaparker.net

http://vaparker.blogspot.com

Thank you so much for this!! And Welcome!

They mock me to my face. However, they do admit that when they tell the people they work with, someone in the camera department is always a fan.

I believe they secretly think it's kind of cool.

Wow, a complete artist :)

How can they mock about it? Omg if you were my mother I would be so so proud of you! Anyway, all of you look lovely and cheerful

Edited by Laura_Page

They mock me to my face. However, they do admit that when they tell the people they work with, someone in the camera department is always a fan.

I believe they secretly think it's kind of cool.

LOL!!

Even the coolest of parents embarrass their children. They have to be proud of you and if they didn't think it was cool they certainly wouldn't tell anyone. Imagine if your part in the movie had you make put with Robert Plant. What they would think of that? :P

I go to the farmer's markets and audition heirloom tomatoes. It cracks the vendors up. I take lots of photos and that carries me through the bleak post-tomato season.

I've never done any paintings that reference the film, but one may be in the works. My paintings are all autobiographical, a kind of visual journal. Some are more oblique than others. I'm a hybrid, being a writer and painter. As a friend who switched from architectural design to writing mysteries says, she's changed from being a vizzie to a verbie. I went the other way.

I'm sure anything like that would be well received. I can almost picture how many of the scenes would translate onto canvass. We do have a "Wolfman" here, if you chose something from the opening scene. And tomato splatter would be an awesome effect...

Virginia, you have a new fanbase as you're well aware.

Have you ever done limited edition prints of your work?

I'm amazed. I thought maybe one or two people might respond, if any. That's how much I know.

My art is very old school. Oil on canvas, occasionally oil on linen. I'm a big fan of the northern renaissance. Well, and Velázquez. And Brueghel. Caravaggio, especially his three works on the life of St Matthew in the Contarelli Chapel in San Luigi dei Francesi in Rome. Okay, stopping now.

I don't make prints or giclees - each piece is singular. Nothing wrong with artists that do, mind you.

Wow...what a great thread this is! Hello Virginia and welcome! I must agree with Deb about dreaming to be you. The whole dreamy Robert sequence is by far my favorite part of TSRTS and I don't care who knows it...lol.

You have a beautiful family and I see you have Cavaliers. I have two myself...that's my youngest in my avatar...Lexi. They are such sweet dogs!

I was introduced to the breed when I lived in London, the same year the movie was made. A friend had a puppy named Ruby Dallas. I got my first cavalier in 1976, after I moved back to the states. Have had one ever since. Best studio companion ever.