Virginia, I'm a Connecticut Yankee, and you're a Southern Belle...and your Beauty, then and now, is more than skin deep,

and your presence here is by far the most welcome one of all. If you can only imagine the many, many breaths you stole when

you suddenly appeared on the screen as Robert's " Holy Grail "...mine included.

And now, along with your grace, class, and talent you've stolen them all once again. *) My Fair Lady indeed.

Edited by nirvana

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my goodness. Where did you find this? I look cheerful, Mr Plant looks pleased, and it's nice to see something unposed. It must've been pretty nippy on the set. Stone radiates cold and never seems to warm, if memory serves.

I'd like to download it, if that's okay.

Thanks for posting it.

Not sure if this has been posted in the thread, but it seems relevant (re: TSRTS and Robert's "fantasy"):

I interviewed them all at great length, and one of the questions I asked them was what their great ambition in life was. [...] Robert's fantasy was about finding the perfect woman. He decided that, as a warrior, he would fight all these adversaries until he reached the castle where the princess was. And when he finally found this perfect woman, he knew she didn't exist, so she disappeared before his eyes. [...] A lot of the reviewers found the sequences self-indulgent and narcissistic, but it was really just an attempt to explain what they were like as people.

Peter Clifton, the second director of the film, from page 299 of Barney Hoskyns' recent book.

I've been meaning to post this. Here's the finished TSRTS-themed still life, which happily now resides in Canada:

attachicon.gifLZbig.JPG

And for scale, here it is with the artist:

Thanks for posting this, Virginia! I've been wondering how it turned out. It's absolutely perfect!

well said strider,have you really watched it that many times,I am catching up with you!!! I think my husband is getting a bit tired of it!!

What an utter and most welcome surprise!

Finally, after all these years the mystery of the girl in "The Song Remains the Same" has been revealed, and the ray of light piercing the darkness is wielded by none other than the fair maiden herself.

Thank you, thank you, and most definitely and sincerely THANK YOU, Ms. Virginia Parker, for taking the time to share your experience with us...and for being willing to reveal yourself after so long.

From the time "The Song Remains the Same" premiered in October 1976 to the end of 1980, I saw the movie 88 times, and I often wondered about you: Who was that beautiful princess? Why did I not see her in other movies after that? Was she a friend of the band?

Many many years later, all I could find was a name...Virginia Parker...but little else. I thought I would die without finding out anything more. Thankfully, that will not be the case now, thanks to your generosity in sharing with us strangers a little slice of your past life.

Thank you for giving this Led Zeppelin fan a little closure on a facet of their career that has long fascinated me. Best wishes on your future endeavors.

oh wow,I am going to have to look for that flag myself!

Virginia,

LMAO...well, tell your husband to be prepared. "Whole Lotta Love" was the first encore of the O2 gig! I'll go ya one better.....I'll give you a money back guarantee. If not fully delighted with the DVD, I will buy it from you. As much as you have delved in to the band in preparation for your painting, I'm sure you'll enjoy the show. Besides, I have no doubt I'll wear out the copy I plan to buy!

One final note. If you do get the DVD, keep an eye out for a small American flag waving along the front row just between where Robert and Jimmy are standing in between the last three songs. That would be me representing .......

What a beautiful family you have

Thanks one and all. You have made this a terrific experience for me. Led Zeppelin fans are the epitome of graciousness.

Here's a photo of me and my family. My son is a big wall climber and rigging grip, my eldest daughter is the creative mastermind of her own art/performance band The Back Pockets, and my middle daughter is a film production assistant. My beloved spouse is a Key Grip and my biggest fan, and the little puppy licking my nose is Madeline.

Thank y'all again for the nicest welcome anyone could wish for.

I bet it was almost like he stood out in his own glow,like the angel he is

Loved this little snippet from the memory banks (and if there was any reason for folks to keep journals, your stories would be a definite inspiration).
Thanks for sharing!

I agree. What an awesome lady! When I used to watch TSRTS, I always wished I was the princess. Oh hell; when I watch it now, I STILL want to be the princess; who doesn't?!? :)

post-24991-0-46347200-1368305140_thumb.p

+1 So kind of her to share her memories with us, And it was nice to see that she is MUCH more than just a beautiful face....she's incredibly intelligent and talented as well! She killed my stereotyped vision of the "typical model"......

Edited by Honeydrip79

Virginia,

Sorry to take the thread away from your amazing painting and TSRTS appearance, but I notice in the undernoted post that you mention doing ads for hair products. Did you do the advert for Wella Hair products by any chance? When I went to see TSRTS as a teenager in 1976 on its cinema release, it occurred to me that you closely resembled the model in the Wella adverts which were running in British glossy magazines at that time.

Your artwork is wonderful, and I think everyone on the thread is thrilled to get the chance to speak to you because you were such a memorable part of TSRTS.

I was called in to the offices of Models One, my modeling agency in London for a go-see 3pm on July 15. I'd been working abroad for three years by then, doing editorials for Vogue and lots of ads for makeup and hair products,

Virginia - can you give us some of your inspirations for painting the SRTS themed still life?

And why does it now reside in Canada? Any special reason for its new home?

There's a whole thread in Ramble On that follows the evolution of the painting, which was commissioned last year by Dan. It was a very collaborative project, and I can't say enough good things about working with him. Edited by VirginiaParker

This is funny. I am not sure it's a Wella product, but I did a campaign for Sunsilk shampoo. I was even on the packaging labels - ah, fame. Barry Lategan did the photo, very soft focus, golden and dreamy. I loved it. Never was the Helmut Newton type. When they sent me to show him my portfolio in Paris, Newton said, and I quote, "Honey, you have a face like pancake syrup, but you'll make a lot of money." To be fair, he pretty much nailed it.

Virginia,

Sorry to take the thread away from your amazing painting and TSRTS appearance, but I notice in the undernoted post that you mention doing ads for hair products. Did you do the advert for Wella Hair products by any chance? When I went to see TSRTS as a teenager in 1976 on its cinema release, it occurred to me that you closely resembled the model in the Wella adverts which were running in British glossy magazines at that time.

Your artwork is wonderful, and I think everyone on the thread is thrilled to get the chance to speak to you because you were such a memorable part of TSRTS.

Virginia,

Thanks for your response, On the basis of what you have said, Helmut Newton sucks! The kind of models favoured by HN looked, IMHO, like men in drag! What is amazing about you is your post modelling career both as a journalist, and now as a painter. Well done.

This is funny. I am not sure it's a Wella product, but I did a campaign for Sunsilk shampoo. I was even on the packaging labels - ah, fame. Barry Lategan did the photo, very soft focus, golden and dreamy. I loved it. Never was the Helmut Newton type. When they sent me to show him my portfolio in Paris, Newton said, and I quote, "Honey, you have a face like pancake syrup, but you'll make a lot of money." To be fair, he pretty much nailed it.

It was a very collaborative project, and I can't say enough good things about working with him.

The feeling is mutual! Your talent and creativity are matched only by your thoughtfulness, intellect and warmth.