THIS IS A COOL STORY. YOURE ACTUALLY A PAINTER BUT YOURE ONLY A LED ZEPPELIN STAR. DID YOU EVER THINK IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS A ONE TIME MODELING GIG WOULD LEAD YOU TO WIND UP ON A LED ZEPPELIN FORUM 30+ YEARS LATER?

Dude, caps lock.

Actually, I grew up reading a lot of science fiction (Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, Bradbury, Herbert). In my wildest dreams I would've emigrated to Mars, and my kids would be piloting intergalactic spaceships.

The Peeping Ghost, on 19 May 2013 - 02:34, said:snapback.png

THIS IS A COOL STORY. YOURE ACTUALLY A PAINTER BUT YOURE ONLY A LED ZEPPELIN STAR. DID YOU EVER THINK IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS A ONE TIME MODELING GIG WOULD LEAD YOU TO WIND UP ON A LED ZEPPELIN FORUM 30+ YEARS LATER?

If Mr Page wanted to commission a painting, and what he wanted was within the reach of my ability, sure thing. A CD cover is a complex piece of graphic art, which is a very different skill.

Virginia, as you know Jimmy Page is a serious art enthusiast, if one day he approached you
to do album art for a re-visited Zeppelin project or solo release would you do an original work
for him?

Actually, I grew up reading a lot of science fiction (Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, Bradbury, Herbert). In my wildest dreams I would've emigrated to Mars, and my kids would be piloting intergalactic spaceships.

The Peeping Ghost, on 19 May 2013 - 02:34, said:snapback.png

That may be the next generation to come, but it's funny to see how many scifi tools have already been turned into facts.

And if someone would have told me ten years ago that this humble computer would ever allow me to communicate with the TSRTS princess, I wouldn't have believed it either.

Regards from Holland. Absolutely love your art.

Dream as dreamers do.

Thanks, Reswati.

I am deeply moved by the works of the northern renaissance. When I was in Amsterdam a few years back, I entered the Rijksmuseum like a pilgrim visiting a shrine. I haven't seen the new museum building yet, but I hear good things about the space and light. There was interesting art all over the city.

You are so right about the remarkable achievements in science/technology. I think it was Clarke who wrote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

That may be the next generation to come, but it's funny to see how many scifi tools have already been turned into facts.

And if someone would have told me ten years ago that this humble computer would ever allow me to communicate with the TSRTS princess, I wouldn't have believed it either.

Dream as dreamers do.

Dream as dreamers do.

Amen...never in my wildest, most far-reaching imagination would I ever

have thought that I would be in touch with Robert's "fantasy" and the vision

of his "Holy Grail"...wow = pinch me but don't wake me!

Edited by nirvana

After reading this thread, I had to go back and watch TSRTS-RS sequence... and for as many cheap shots this movie took from the critics, I think that sequence in particular is a really beautiful ~ 15 minute short story. The scenery is breathtaking, the castle (like all old castles) is incredible, Robert plays the valiant warrior and explorer quite well, and of course Ms. Parker is absolutely stunning. To top it off, I think those 2 songs rate as 2 of the very best tracks in the film and create a perfect backing track. Both TSRTS and the Rain Song are so well played and heavenly to listen to, especially considering how many hundreds of times I have listened to and/or watched this film. So great to revisit...

• 1 month later...

OH - MY - GOD! :wizard::veryhot:

I checked this thread once soon after creating it and thanks to this forum and its members, found the name of our heroine :) (lol).

Now almost 2 years later, just for something to do, I googled Virginias name to find this thread has evolved into

what seems to be the most polite and respectful worship thread I have ever seen. (I havent finished reading it yet).

Little did I know that we would be honoured with a personal appearance.

Virginia, as others have said thank you so much for posting and sharing. :hurrah:

Congrats on your wonderful life of original creativity and your ongoing joy, love and rewards of family.

To be gobsmacked by your physical beauty so long ago was a sheer delight.

To find the march of time has revealed your true inner beauty is even more amazing indeed.

Enjoy your place amongst immortals.

Kindest regards to you and yours,

Peter.

ps for both now and then: a respectful, somewhat politically incorrect> wolfwhistle!

Edited by OldManWith4Sticks

Hey Peter,

Thank you for your original post. It's what prompted me to sign up here and reply. I'd no idea anyone was interested, outside of a few random emails that came to me via my website. Your post was the door I hesitantly opened, not knowing what to expect. It turned into an opportunity to remember that long ago and far away period of my life, and has been such a positive experience. So thanks.

• 7 months later...

This thread is fascinating...incredible...unbelievable. Mrs. Parker is the epitome of a true Southern lady--she's every bit as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside--supremely kind, gracious, intelligent and talented.

Edited by Pagefan55

• 6 years later...