O2 rehearsals leaked

• 1 month later...

a) A greedy moron b ) Greed/reflected glory.

The person will get their come-uppance.

I just can't believe this to be honest. I cannot for the life of me understand how this material is out all over the place, and for the most part, free.

I am completely shocked. How could something so important be left in the hands of someone untrustworthy is the real question.

• 4 months later...

That's the incomplete Tarantura release. The subsequent less incomplete EV 4 CD set is *still* somewhat incomplete. Only 2 CDs are the rehearsal, the other 2 are an audience recording of the 02 performance. I have heard it claimed that the EV set are sourced from MP3's but I'm waiting for someone who can speak authoritively on this subject.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the incomplete Tarantura release. The subsequent less incomplete EV 4 CD set is *still* somewhat incomplete. Only 2 CDs are the rehearsal, the other 2 are an audience recording of the 02 performance. I have heard it claimed that the EV set are sourced from MP3's but I'm waiting for someone who can speak authoritively on this subject.

Apparently, you've heard truth. These spectra are from "Led Zeppelin's Swan Songs: The Complete Shepperton Rehearsals".

45bcc60e5a798fedfd85d2a71305d207.png

ebd55471f55339bad7308f55dcdfd67c.png

c6a8eed85e36593b570ba4a561f86c73.png

You don't "have to plug it into a program", but I requested that someone speak authoritively about the matter, and Taro was kind enough to provide the sort of proof that I, and others would recognize as evidence. Thanks, Taro.

Got to keep the lineage pure. If a chain of people convert their lossless original to mp3, then to some other format, then the next person converts it back to mp3, then the next person converts it to some other lossy format, etc., etc.......

Eventually the quality will seriously degrade among the many thousands of potential users in a chain. That's why mp3s are fine for personal use, but all trading is best done in a lossless format (.flac, .SHN, or.ape). All files remain the same quality as the original, regardless of how many generations down the line you receive your music.

Well, that's what I think folks. It seems right in my head and hopefully it makes some kind of sense.

His post was pretty specific and to the point.

I don't know to much about audio, whether it's lossy or lossless, I know the difference but can't hear it, the reason I was confused is because as I said, I am not an audio know it all (I don't mean that in a rude way) and I didn't know what he mean't. I don't understand audio spectrums.

I don't know to much about audio, whether it's lossy or lossless, I know the difference but can't hear it, the reason I was confused is because as I said, I am not an audio know it all (I don't mean that in a rude way) and I didn't know what he mean't. I don't understand audio spectrums.

You would have noticed the difference if you had a high fidelity audio system.

9c56d17b739233eeb3acc7bc30f24a1e.jpg

Archived