Photography

zepps_apprentice

Are you on a walkabout, Kiwi? Looks like a nice lake. Do people fish there?

In a way, I am, Strider. :) These photos were taken on Rangitoto Island, which is a scenic reserve, outside city limits. My mom and I, got there by ferry in the morning, from Waitemata Harbour and had around an hour and 45 minutes to walk around and just take in the scenery, after which we and the other 'tourists', boarded the ferry again and had a mini-tour of the harbour (which lasted for about half an hour), before getting back to the city. I really enjoyed every minute of it and my only complaint is that the tour of Rangitoto Island, could have been a tad bit longer (around 4 to 5 hours, me thinks! :lol:). There was so much natural beauty to take in and so little time! 

^ Nice photos, Kiwi! It's cool seeing photos from different places I've never been to :)  Beautiful sunrise, zepscoda!

Fabulous photos Patrycja.  "A picture says 1000 words", but those say one thing to me - Fall.

Here are some wintry ones I took yesterday at Mount Eisenhower, NH:

Thank you, jb126! Fall is my favourite season but here it's usually so short, nature breathes in, exhales, and it's over, so when it lasted six weeks I tried to take it all in. Winter has its beauty, too, and your photos show it off beautifully! We still have green grass - warmest December in decades - so keep them coming!

^^^Very pretty Patrycja and jb126. Excellent work. Still culling thru photos I took on my trip...perhaps I will post some eventually.

Thanks, Strider :) Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Edited by Patrycja

Finland is so beautiful. 

Thanks, Patrycja! :wave: By the way, many thanks for posting those beautiful photos that perfectly capture the change in seasons! They are just so beautiful! :wub: 

My pleasure, Kiwi :) Thank you, glad you like them. Autumn makes it easy. Everywhere you look is replete with intensely hued beauty. I can't stop staring at jb126's winter photos now with all the undulating blue and grey shades and the sharpness that freezing and snow bring. Of course, it's all the more pleasant without having to feel it! I hope you post some winter shots when it comes. My only NZ winter reference is LOTR lol

This was on the news today, but it's been making its way around social media for a while. Here are some stunning photos of Lake Erie's formidable water mountains:

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

It's obvious in a couple of them, but I like spotting faces in the water. Voldemort marks all over the place. Is this the most aptly named lake or what?!

Photos by the very brave and slightly mad Dave Sandford.

See the rest here: http://cottagelife.com/environment/striking-images-reveal-lake-eries-violent-and-unpredictable-side

Edited by Patrycja

This was on the news today, but it's been making its way around social media for a while. Here are some stunning photos of Lake Erie's formidable water mountains:

Lake Erie

It's obvious in a couple of them, but I like spotting faces in the water. Voldemort marks all over the place. Is this the most aptly named lake or what?!

See the rest here: http://cottagelife.com/environment/striking-images-reveal-lake-eries-violent-and-unpredictable-side

Grim Reaper with a scythe. Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing these.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the snow pics Patricia,   expecially the one looking down the road!

Thank you, zepscoda :) The remote location and co-operative winter made for some beautiful scenery. We lucked out that year.

Is that a frozen waterfall?

Yes! Top to bottom ice. It was around -30C that day and many before and after, not counting the howling wind chill. That walk didn't even last 10 minutes.

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

Lake Erie

No chance surfing that, no sirree. 

Thought I'd reminisce since I miss the snow.

At and around a cottage by the lake in December, 2010:

21847_256641197016_6829391_n.jpg?oh=77f6 21847_256640677016_2492423_n.jpg?oh=8047

21847_256641082016_4415860_n.jpg?oh=aacb  21847_256641137016_771849_n.jpg?oh=5d3b2

21847_256641107016_4885962_n.jpg?oh=9809  21847_256641152016_2437124_n.jpg?oh=ed69

This past February:

15-02-2015.thumb.jpg.02023421e57ef96d95f

Love the frozen waterfall...a glacier, if you will. You are surrounded by amazing nature, Patrycja.

• 2 weeks later...