Photography

zepps_apprentice

I'm going back to film. Here's an infrared shot in Bodie, CA

I recently bought a Bronica S-2 with a 75mm Nikkor lens on EBAY for $250. (Hasselblad's are still too expensive). I love the sound of the shutter. I also have a 1967 Rolleicord, A Nikomat and a Nikon FTN body that I also got from EBAY for $39. I am now regretting selling my Toyo 4x5 view camera. Back to 'old school.' :)

BODIE(CL).jpg

BRONICA S2.jpg

ROLLEICORD.jpg

NIKOMAT FTN.jpg

NIKON FTN.jpg

Redrum  that's a cool shot you took in Bodia CA. Has a soft vibe to it.

I'm up nursing a mild hangover, waiting for the sun to rise. Going to try to get a good shot of the San Francisco bay from my hotel . It's rainy, with a little mist, so I know it won't be clear, but maybe I can get something good. 

23 hours ago, redrum said:

I'm going back to film. Here's an infrared shot in Bodie, CA

I recently bought a Bronica S-2 with a 75mm Nikkor lens on EBAY for $250. (Hasselblad's are still too expensive). I love the sound of the shutter. I also have a 1967 Rolleicord, A Nikomat and a Nikon FTN body that I also got from EBAY for $39. I am now regretting selling my Toyo 4x5 view camera. Back to 'old school.' :)

NIKON FTN.jpg

That Nikon is a BEAST!! Love that thing!

On 1/17/2016 at 6:57 AM, zepscoda said:

Redrum  that's a cool shot you took in Bodia CA. Has a soft vibe to it.

I'm up nursing a mild hangover, waiting for the sun to rise. Going to try to get a good shot of the San Francisco bay from my hotel . It's rainy, with a little mist, so I know it won't be clear, but maybe I can get something good. 

Thanks, zepscoda. Kodak quit making infrared film. It's way overpriced on EBAY. Post an SF pic if you get one.

I have won a Canon Rebel EOS for my wife and I must say we are quite excited with this.  I think we will get a tripod soon.  We took a class and learned much on the use  of various setting on this beast of a camera.  I am into taking shots of wildlife, birds especially and landscapes.  I may also try a few of the night sky when its possible.  In my area its not that often

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2016 at 5:27 PM, redrum said:

Famous last words. I just scored four rolls on EBAY for $31. It's outdated, but I don't care. I'll get something out of it. :)

HAH!! A very deceptive ad showing 4 rolls and the price was for one roll. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Am waiting for a 50mm wide angle and 150mm telephoto for my Bronica. They practically give them away on EBAY, whereas back in the 70's these lenses were damned expensive. Now is the time to invest in 'analog.' :)

• 3 weeks later...

Part 2: Stockholm

Heading to the Old Town:

P4190049_zpsguvrzpie.jpg

P4190057_zpsgc7wd6vo.jpg

The royal palace:

P4190066_zpsiyvddd7k.jpg

Some of the streets were very narrow:

P4190089_zpsrd3dtdrc.jpg

The 82 white stones in the red building are said to symbolize the people executed at this square in the Stockholm Bloodbath in 1520:

P4190093_zps2xaybn5w.jpg

Storkyrkan (The Great Church):

P4190091_zpsrbzkv0tq.jpg

The German Church:

P4190096_zpshwa5pvli.jpg

Edited by marlam