Photography

zepps_apprentice

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 4:12 AM, zepscoda said:

Family did our annual trip back to the northeast last weekend. So much history in DC & Gettysburg

PicsArt_08-02-08.59.52.jpg

Fantastic pictures. Do they really have a model of the Star Trek NCC 1701 at the NASM? That's cool.
I visited Washington 20 years ago and I liked the city very much. The area between the Potomac river and the Capitol is outstanding. Impressive and beautiful.

Me in front of the Library of Congress, November 1998
Loc1.jpg.baffcac64d255b67efe20c45367e10d6.jpg

On 8/2/2018 at 10:21 PM, ebk said:

Beautiful pictures (as usual)!!  Glad you had a good time.  Next time you're in the 'hood, we should have a drink 🍺

Thanks.... we really need to meet for a drink(s), I'm up there at least once a year. 

19 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Fantastic pictures. Do they really have a model of the Star Trek NCC 1701 at the NASM? That's cool.
I visited Washington 20 years ago and I liked the city very much. The area between the Potomac river and the Capitol is outstanding. Impressive and beautiful.

They do have the Enterprise NCC 1701 model on display,  and it's very cool!  For some reason I didn't get a pic of that :(

I really dig the Air & Space. Been going there since I was a kid, by far my favorite museum in DC.

Cool shot of you at the Library of Congress!!

On 7/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, LedZed66 said:

We travelled from the astonishing landscapes of Norway to the wonderful sandy beaches of Denmark

65_8868.thumb.jpg.b2cd0b4a44523181ab8182c1836974df.jpg

65_8915.thumb.jpg.c4fa676478f05778bf413ed22ca902d0.jpg

67_01_8887.thumb.jpg.d9ef8515482283e834d7a7d6168ddcd5.jpg

Looks inviting. Did you hit the water LedZed? Or was it too cold? My only complaint about Europe was the difficulty in finding decent surf.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:13 PM, LedZed66 said:

Quite lovely. By any chance did you have time to roam around inside the LOC? I am entranced by the layout and organization of that place. Stellar coat, by the way.

On 8/6/2018 at 6:55 PM, zepscoda said:

They do have the Enterprise NCC 1701 model on display,  and it's very cool!  For some reason I didn't get a pic of that :(

I really dig the Air & Space. Been going there since I was a kid, by far my favorite museum in DC.

Cool shot of you at the Library of Congress!!

I liked the National Gallery of Art a lot but the Air & Space is a very special museum. I remember the space suits quite well, I was very impressed.

Today I'm happy to have a camera that takes great pictures in museums and exhibitions, so I remember all these outstanding objects much better.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Looks inviting. Did you hit the water LedZed? Or was it too cold? My only complaint about Europe was the difficulty in finding decent surf.

Quite lovely. By any chance did you have time to roam around inside the LOC? I am entranced by the layout and organization of that place. Stellar coat, by the way.

The water was too cold to go swimming but one of the things I love most in my life is walking down that beach on the sand, where the waves come in. That really clears my mind. We spent our vacation in Jutland for the fourth time and I love this place very much.

You are right, there isn't much surf on European shores. They have a surf spot in north Denmark, Jammerbugt, North Sea.
France and Portugal have surf and surf spots on their Atlantic shores. But I have no idea if they can keep up with California.

Visiting the Library of Congress was on top of my list visiting Washington. We did a guided tour and it was awesome. The building is outstanding, the main reading room is a beauty. But most of all they are doing a great job and they are the top library in the world.  Whatever that means nowadays...