Photography

zepps_apprentice

The cranes migrated south this week. Thousands of them flying over Cologne. Wave after wave. I've watched this many times over the years and it's quite spectacular. They spend the summers in Skandinavia and the Baltic States and the winters in France, Spain and North Africa.

Took this picture 2 years ago:
2016_D_K_Suedfriedhof20_6081.thumb.jpg.a7be7cf681ffefe1b5aa7ec1b59ecf2d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 1:43 AM, John M said:

Thanks.  At first I was disappointed that the background was green but when I saw the picture later I liked that it was all shades of green.

The background is very interesting and I like the way the mantis is balancing on the plants. The fallen leaves are also very nice.

2016_Weiher.thumb.jpg.2fba6535eca5d1125bb595b26ffeb46f.jpg

Great shots of the migrating birds, praying mantis, leaves, etc. :)

My camera was in my trunk and it's getting cold here. I brought it inside and the lens fogged up and I figured I'd take a shot of one of my lazy cats. I call it 'Mystic Kitty.'

MYSTIC KITTY.jpg

On 11/2/2018 at 9:20 AM, John M said:

Saw this the other day while out on a walk.

IMG_1962.thumb.jpg.8d6f97cef998ff552416080f166f693a.jpg

On 11/4/2018 at 6:43 PM, John M said:

Thanks.  At first I was disappointed that the background was green but when I saw the picture later I liked that it was all shades of green. 

IMG_2018.thumb.jpg.c561fe78c8996bb7dd08d22f11ee480c.jpg

19 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

The background is very interesting and I like the way the mantis is balancing on the plants. The fallen leaves are also very nice.

2016_Weiher.thumb.jpg.2fba6535eca5d1125bb595b26ffeb46f.jpg

19 hours ago, redrum said:

Great shots of the migrating birds, praying mantis, leaves, etc. :)

My camera was in my trunk and it's getting cold here. I brought it inside and the lens fogged up and I figured I'd take a shot of one of my lazy cats. I call it 'Mystic Kitty.'

MYSTIC KITTY.jpg

Very cool pics !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/20/2019 at 1:45 AM, LedZed66 said:
Spent two wonderful days with my camera in the local museums.
(Van Gogh, Dalí, Lichtenstein and a selfie below)

2019_01_K_05_13_0309.thumb.jpg.5fabfe1b3afad4790fd5f25a8f1b0f92.jpg

That's a selfie? Awesomely distorted. I could look at artwork 24/7. 

Anyone here tried the HDR technique using 3 different RAW/manual exposures and blending them with Photoshop or any other program? That's something I really want to get into. I've come to hate JPEG'S.

A borrowed example of HDR.

jkofvsznqoi7ry0vpay9.png

On 1/22/2019 at 2:14 AM, redrum said:

That's a selfie? Awesomely distorted. I could look at artwork 24/7.

I like these distortions and ghost-like mirroring effects. The reflective surface of the bronze sculpture was perfect. And it took 1-2 stones away from me :D

I'm a hardcore purist and don't use photoshop or any other manipulation program. 
For elderly digital pics (from the 90s) or elderly scanned printed pics I turn up or adjust the brightness, that's all.
I'm very happy with my Canon EOS 1300D I bought two and a half years ago. Easy to handle, great pics, no need to fake.

If the impressive landscape of the Grand Canyon isn't beautiful, dramatical or awesome enough then there's something wrong IMO.