Tempe '77

Zeppelin Led

^ That looks like an early first leg show, no dragon embroidery on the pants, no poppies on the jacket. I believe the jacket was embroidered first and he wore that with the white satin pants until the embroidery was done on those as well. I don't believe the full white dragon / poppy suit was worn until the beginning of the second leg. Not sure exactly but I know the early gigs he only had the above or just the jacket.

My guess is this is probably Dallas April 1st.

Not saying this photo is from Tempe - I don't know where it's from. But, looking at Jimmy here, it's certainly a possibility LOL

jpbzd77b_zpsilisz3be.jpg

This is a photo by Neal Preston taken during 1977 but an internet search states the date it is taken is unknown

It's from either the first or last night in Chicago

Yes, that could be correct as Page pulled a Madonna that night big time. Dude had several costume changes that night (April 10th), Stormtrooper getup, gangster fedora, white satin, I also think there could have been another change in between the gangster gear & the white satin but not sure...it was 38 years ago after all.

^^^

Coolest Jimmy Page look ever!

Without a doubt. I know I am in the minority here but I never liked the stage costumes Jimmy wore, the dragon suits and satin Hugh Hefner looking bullshit. Jimmy's look circa 66'-69' was my favorite. Most of Robert's blouses were way to feminine for my tastes, he should have just stuck with the tee shirts. JPJ from 73' - 79' was mostly WTF but before that was fine. Bonham was always good to go except for Knebworth.

I liked Robert's Nurses Do It Better shirt and Jimmy with the black jacket at the July 24th Oakland gig. 

• 2 weeks later...

He looked pretty good on the 1975 american tour.

Well he was dressing better but that haircut? Looked like one of Elvis's Memphis Mafia cronies, though I preferred that look to his stupid Prince Valiant cuts in 73' & 77'. I liked Jones with facial hair, it really favored him. Thought he looked best in 69'- 72' and again in 80'.

Archived