Bonzo

kelch12

17 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Did Mr Bonham ever drum for other musicians after Led Zep became megastars.

Yes, he played on a few tracks throughout the 70's with people like Jimmy Stevens (1971) , Roy Wood (1979), Paul McCartney ( Beware My Love outtake) and Sir Paul's Back To The Egg session, which is where that pic was taken.  He might be on Lulu's Everbody's Got the Clap , but I'm not convinced. He played on  Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends but that was recorded in '69. I wish he had guested with more people. I love hearing him support other bands, but most of these were not so good IMO. I wish he had the opportunity to play with someone like Stevie Wonder, or some soul and funk artists that he loved. That would have been epic. Or Supertramp!

Edited by porgie66

5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Yes, he played on a few tracks throughout the 70's with people like Jimmy Stevens (1971) , Roy Wood (1979), Paul McCartney ( Beware My Love outtake) and Sir Paul's Back To The Egg session, which is where that pic was taken.  He might be on Lulu's Everbody's Got the Clap , but I'm not convinced. He played on  Lord Sutch and Heavy Friends but that was recorded in '69. I wish he had guested with more people. I love hearing him support other bands, but most of these were not so good IMO. I wish he had the opportunity to play with someone like Stevie Wonder, or some soul and funk artists that he loved. That would have been epic. Or Supertramp!

Don’t forget Son of Dracula (1974 comedy/music/horror film) w/ Harry Nilsson’s band. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Dracula_(1974_film)

R😎

Edited by reids

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 12:23 PM, Triplet Sixteenth said:

Also compare it to this photo from the same show.  The uncompromisingly precise power he played with is immediately identifiable, just as his feel is.  He was an incredible, nearly incomparable talent.  Very few musicians legitimately change the world of music, and even fewer do it without being a songwriter.  Bonham did it from behind the kit in a band comprised of three immense talents, and because of that he is in a very elite group of musicians.

Belfast 03-05-71 2.jpg

This.

• 4 weeks later...