Page to re-release limited vinyl edition of Death Wish II

311347_10150321840032612_9366537611_8062830_965399578_n.jpg

To mark today’s 30th anniversary, JimmyPage.com will be re-releasing a special, limited, re-mastered vinyl edition of the soundtrack to Michael Winner's Death Wish II, featuring a previously unreleased instrumental version of the Death Wish main title and new liner notes written by Jimmy Page.

Explaining the release of the album, Jimmy said:

“In 1981, Michael Winner asked me if I would compose the soundtrack to Death Wish II. The songs with vocals were only going to appear in the film for a matter of seconds but I had recorded full versions of them anyway - which is how I ended up doing my first soundtrack and soundtrack album. I’ve re-released this because I wanted it to be available again.”

Only 1000 copies will be released next month from the forthcoming Jimmy Page shop, so stay tuned to JimmyPage.com over the coming weeks to find out more information about this exciting release.

More Details

There will be 999 left for you all after I get mine. For this listener DW II is the last stop in a particular train of thought for Jimmy Page. I keep buying his records, hoping to Jimmy will re-connect that to that euphoric area in his brain. If he makes another record someday, I would like to hear new marching orders for the guitar army.

Hmmmm...yes, yes I do but I don't think I will be among the 1000 buying the album. A Jimmy Page shop does intrigue me though. What else could he sell that I might want? O2 dvd? A new album perhaps? The sweater vest he wore in 1970? Thinking.giftongue.gif

Maybe he will be selling the pair of tartan trousers he wore in the photos taken at Pangbourne :D.

My fear regarding the 'Jimmy Page Shop' is that anything on offer will be too expensive for many fans, which was the position with his limited edition book.

One of my hopes for Jimmy's website was a remastered DWII. Well done Jimmy!

Of course I would have loved a downloadable or CD version as my turntable is in mothballs right now. Why all the "limited edition" stuff from JP these days? Seems if you're going to the trouble of remastering it you should make it available to every Page fan who wants one, no? Either way, sure I'll attempt to get my hands on one!

Who knows... maybe a CD release will follow. I'll be #998 myself, especially if there's some bonus tracks.

And don't forget, people, there have been mass-produced versions of Genesis Publications books like George Harrison's I Me Mine. Again, who knows...

I'd love a box set of Coverdale/Page

A box set from a single album? Sure, it could be buffered with alternate cuts, outtakes and live versions of some of the songs but that sort of thing is usually reserved for landmark albums such as Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs which has received the deluxe/box set treatment twice now but Coverdale/Page? I think not.

• Administrators

How about a real CD version instead? Other than a Japanese (bootleg?) copied from cassette, this has never gotten an official CD release.

There was an official Japanese release on cd, about ten years ago. (Not a boot).

A remastered version is most welcomed. :thumbsup:

post-5-0-84988000-1316455545_thumb.jpg

DWII is a great album with some great moments I have the CD which is now part of my Itunes Library. I suspect if he went through the trouble of remastering it, it will probably be available for download as well.

I've noticed that Death Wish III has some additional music on it, especially the opening scene. I hope that is included as well.

At least I hope so. I no longer have turntable.

I had the cassette version, and I have the CD version and I can say that the CD sounds a whole lot better than the cassette.

Still a good dose of remastering would go a long way to making it better. However, it's no different in sound quality than the pre Rhino versions of Plant's solo albums, or the first editions of the Led Zeppelin catalog on CD.

Actually it's probably better than the original Led Zeppelin CDs in terms of sound quality.

What I really would like to see is the 2 Firm albums remastered, especially the second one which is out of print and is perhaps the better of the two. Mean Business is at least a little more representative of Jimmy's work were as the first one was a Paul Rodger solo album with Jimmy brought in at the end to make a limited contribution.

• 1 month later...

Archived