Backstage Photos

Hilly

JPJ:

-Met him first at Borders Bookstore in London with Julie Felix. I arrived a few minutes before him and there was really only Dave Lewis of Tight But Loose and myself. He was posing with us alone and his mandolin. Cherished moment.

-Met him again backstage in Montreal, Canada in 2001 when he was opening for King Crimson. As the pic was being taken, people were applauding because it was obvious I was the biggest fan in the room amongst the jaded media types just there doing their job.

Jimmy: I've met JP twice as well.

-Montreal 1995. As a young groupie, we waited outside his hotel after the show.

-Boston 1998. He came out of his hotel and while waiting in his van to take him to the show, I showed him my Zoso tattoo and he gave me the thumbs up.

Robert: I've met RP twice as well.

-Montreal 1995. He pushed me out of the elevator/lift. "No autographs! Shoo Shoo!"

-Amsterdam 2000. He played a small show at The Melkweg and his hotel was only minutes away. I hung out with his entire band and crew and he posed for 2 photos with me but then he was off to see "High Fidelity" with John Cusack and was so excited.

edit: RP in Amsterdam date.

Robert: I've met RP twice as well.

-Amsterdam 2002. He played a small show at The Melkweg and his hotel was only minutes away. I hung out with his entire band and crew and he posed for 2 photos with me but then he was off to see "High Fidelity" with John Cusack and was so excited.

Robert has only performed once at The Melkweg and it was on Oct 23rd 2000. The funny thing is he caught the flu in Amsterdam so a second gig there the following day was cancelled, as were the two concerts that followed. Do you happen to recall this?

Robert has only performed once at The Melkweg and it was on Oct 23rd 2000. The funny thing is he caught the flu in Amsterdam so a second gig there the following day was cancelled, as were the two concerts that followed. Do you happen to recall this?

Yes I do remember because I obtained a refund and spent it at The Bulldog (wink wink). I was traveling with my mom or I would've gone back to The American Hotel to speak to Robert again. The fun thing about meeting your idols is how you forget all the things you wanted to talk about. Robert was really jumpy but friendly in Amsterdam. He came into the restaurant to join his band whom I was drinking with. He grabbed a full glass of red wine and chugged it down like a true rock star. Whenever I've met celebs, I always thank them for all their entertainment. I've seen every one of RP's solo tours from Manic Nirvana onwards when he would come to Montreal and I followed P&P to 5 cities around North East States (Boston 2 shows in different venues), NYC, NJ, Toronto, and Jones Beach. I did it Deadhead style and met other fans doing the same leg as me. Sadly they played nearly the same setlist every night.

Now I live in Thailand and I don't ever expect to see them here but they always play Canada so maybe I'll get them on an upcoming visit. I've seen Jason Bonham in a tiny club in Montreal called Le Medley and he was so drunk. Every song break he would salute his father with drink which I found inappropriate considering...

Is it just me or does RP have a massive head??!!

plantmeii6.th.jpg

Archived