Named & Shamed

And why oh why do people choose to book seats when they could get in the standing area and get up close? Ok, if the tickets had run out and it was seating only, but some of those pics from the seating areas seem like you're 1/2 mile away.

I wanted to get a standing ticket more than anything in my life but all the second ballot winners were stuck in the upper tier. Why oh why, like you say... I spent 2 hours on my feet trying not to fall off the balcony onto some fat geezer in the box below. Was lucky enough to be in the front row of the balcony, seats higher up are really vertigo inducing...

I have to say though even though it was my first time watching a gig from afar as I usually end up in the front, this one felt different. Breath-taking. And the sound was good despite many people saying it wasn't.

I wanted to get a standing ticket more than anything in my life but all the second ballot winners were stuck in the upper tier. Why oh why, like you say... I spent 2 hours on my feet trying not to fall off the balcony onto some fat geezer in the box below. Was lucky enough to be in the front row of the balcony, seats higher up are really vertigo inducing...

I have to say though even though it was my first time watching a gig from afar as I usually end up in the front, this one felt different. Breath-taking. And the sound was good despite many people saying it wasn't.

I agree, the sound was very good "up there" in the upper tiers. The view was much, much better than I expected as well. Even without binoculars, I could see the lads just fine. All that stuff about the O2's "nosebleed" vertigo-inducing seats was exaggerated.

I was in block 401. A couple of guys behind me kept getting up for the bar / toilet. Like alot of you have said, why? I mean, who would want to miss a single second of this by going to the bar or having to go to the loo. Also, because they were sat down all the time, I rarely stood up myself. I would have prefered to stand but knowing that I wouldn't be able to get time off work and would therefore arrive later, I didn't want to be at the back so I got seats.

I wish I had stood up in front of them after the show. When I picked up my coat and handbag from under my seat it was soaking wet with beer they had knocked over. No apology either! :angry:

The guy outside who tried to use his drivers licence to blag his way in, then wedged his foot in an exit-only door so some people outside heard 30secs of music before the bouncers appeared.

Oh, hang on, that was me!

Nice try :lol:

Man---Paul! you should've beat up those bloody knobs that left the concert for me!

:lol:

Just kidding. I know you'd never beat up a bloody knob.

(crap---did I use "bloody" and "knob" correctly? It's 3 am...need to go to bed...)

:lol:

I was wearing a kilt and with the discreet use of a pint glass didn't need to use the facilities once.Fantastic gig met some cool Zepp heads! see you at wembley. B)

I ,too, was flabbergasted at the "traffic" goin in n out for beer,pizza etc....unfcknbelievable..I was bursting for a piss about half way through but no way was I goin out of there..would rather have wet myself...I didnt btw....

Naomi Campbell Mugged at Zeppelin Concert

Would it be an event if Naomi Campbell weren't somehow at the center of things? While Led Zeppelin reunited in London to memorialize Atlantic Records' Ahmet Ertegun, the supermodel was in a luxury box at the O2 Arena getting mugged.

As the show ended I ran into her coming out of the VIP exit. She was having a fight with one of the security men. As we passed, she announced to me, "Someone stole my handbag. It had two phones in it!"

It's unclear whether Campbell reported the crime or how it happened. She made her complaint to security and then exited through the VIP section while thousands upon thousands of music fans swarmed over her.

----------

Ahh, poor Naomi ... NOT! :rolleyes:

Who needs 2 phones? :unsure::blink:

Can we name and shame some journalists?

How about this one?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...?Submitted=true

Who needs 2 phones? :unsure::blink:

Can we name and shame some journalists?

How about this one?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...?Submitted=true

I don't know why but

That cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read it at work & my boss kept giving me funny looks because I kept laughing!

He's absolutely horrified at the thought of Zeppelin! "HIPPIES! they even play FOLK!!!!!"

(as if thats such a repulsive thought)

Doesn't seem to think much of the Floyd either. Poor man.

:hysterical:

Interesting how Dick Hume tries to use his wife to impugn Zep's masculinity. He seems to be suffering some degree of anxiety about "cock rock" and all its "panting" fans. Hmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Did his opinion piece run in the Times print version or simply in its on-line version? My read? He's nothing more than a well-paid troll.

It was the greatest night of my life, seriously. I had a standing ticket so I often had to crane my neck to see between the taller folks in front of me, but the great thing about standing was the feeling of being in the thick of it all!

The "corporate block" in the lower tiers were up and down the steps to the bar and back all night. A lot of them evidently couldn't give a toss about the concert and were only there for the free beer and vol-au-vents. It would have been fairer if the corporate block attendees had been allocated seats in the upper tier so more fans could have had the lower tier seats.

I completely agree with this:

It was the greatest night of my life, seriously. I had a standing ticket so I often had to crane my neck to see between the taller folks in front of me, but the great thing about standing was the feeling of being in the thick of it all!

What an atmosphere that was!

you might not liking hearing this...but the fans on the floor who made for the exit before the TWO encores...so they missed WLL and RR. I felt like spitting on them as they pushed past me :)

unbelivable people were rushing past me to get out before the encores!!!!! and to all the fucking idiots who kept trying to "cut" the crowd to get a betteview .wankers :angry:

at a recent Heaven and Hell gig I kept getting banged into and walked through and unfortunately one lad accidently caught my elbow, bless hope he's ok!!!!

Av fun

Andy

Elbow is the best weapon against such idiots at gigs...

unbelivable people were rushing past me to get out before the encores!!!!! and to all the fucking idiots who kept trying to "cut" the crowd to get a betteview .wankers :angry:

Yeah, we had a LOT of problems with people (usually drunk) trying to cut their way infront of us!

:angry:

We just told them to 'keep going....go on....keep going in that direction..' LOL

Cheeky sods! We'd been standing our ground the WHOLE gig.

Archived