The quit smoking thread.

reswati

• 2 months later...

If it's any help I stopped smoking when my daughter was born over 18 years ago, I used to smoke up to 60 cigarettes a day (honestly). I just stopped, it was extremely difficult I wouls get the shakes, sweat profusely, I was so bad tempered with my wife that she told me to start smoking again. Gradually the symptons eased, but I found myself in my usual drinking haunt hoping the person I was talking to would light up a cigarette, I was sorely tempted to smoke even after a year, but then it became second nature and I forgot all about it.

After smoking since my 18th I have put this habit to an end four days ago. I must admit that the first two days were rather beyond fucked up, today it feels a little bit better, although it's hard to break old typical habits (Like staying in the kitchen in the morning, I used to sit there and smoke my first cigarette, so that the whole house wouldn't smell of it) or the urge to have a smoke after breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Yesterday evening I got so hyperactive that I could only sleep after an amount of alcohol, combined with a sleeping pill. Hope that this will not happen every night now......hence I decided to write this shit here to deal with my extra smoke-free time and the withdrawal symptoms in a positive way. Are there any other people here who do have gone through the same experience and how did you deal with it.....feel free to share your stories, that would be very inspiring to read.

Greets, Res.

Read Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking. No pangs, no cravings, no hunger, no irritability......and in fact will make you enjoy quitting.

I've quit for over 6 years, as have all my friends who have read this. Best book I've ever read.

I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to reswati for starting this thread and to Indyfan for suggesting Allen Carr's Easyway. Because of you two, I am celebrating my 6-month anniversary of being smokefree today! I did the webcast instead of the book because I didn't want to wait to finish reading it, so I quit in just the one day and it's been exactly like you say Indyfan. Nothing short of miraculous really, where I am today compared to all the very many times I quit smoking before. What I can't believe is that I'm just now hearing about this program and it's been around since the early 80s!! Why hasn't my doctor and HMO been promoting this?

:thanku:

~ Becky

Congratulations Becky, Great to hear that this thread had an effect on the other side of the planet!!!

I also had my half year anniversary this month, it's amazing how time flies, isn't it?

Stay healthy and happy,

big hug to you!

I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to reswati for starting this thread and to Indyfan for suggesting Allen Carr's Easyway. Because of you two, I am celebrating my 6-month anniversary of being smokefree today! I did the webcast instead of the book because I didn't want to wait to finish reading it, so I quit in just the one day and it's been exactly like you say Indyfan. Nothing short of miraculous really, where I am today compared to all the very many times I quit smoking before. What I can't believe is that I'm just now hearing about this program and it's been around since the early 80s!! Why hasn't my doctor and HMO been promoting this?

:thanku:

~ Becky

Perfectly good link to free PDF of this book (390 KB)

http://joga.365.lt/A...-free-PDF-EBook

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up about 4 months ago with the aid of the occasional blast of Nicorette spray.

Good for you! I'm just going cold turkey and I'm finding it to be very difficult, especially when I get in my car, but day two is almost over now and I'm done driving for the day.

Good for you! I'm just going cold turkey and I'm finding it to be very difficult, especially when I get in my car, but day two is almost over now and I'm done driving for the day.

Glad you quit, you're too pretty to smoke. The most gorgeous women can look so bad when the have a cig out and are smoking. Plus the smell in the clothes, the taste when kissing...yuck! Plus all of the health risks. Glad you have gotten through a couple of days - congrats!!!

Good luck!

Glad you quit, you're too pretty to smoke. The most gorgeous women can look so bad when the have a cig out and are smoking. Plus the smell in the clothes, the taste when kissing...yuck! Plus all of the health risks. Glad you have gotten through a couple of days - congrats!!!

Good luck!

Walter! Thank you! I never thought about those things, I've just had such a bad throat lately that it's time. And thank you for wishing me luck, I'm really gonna need it!

• 2 months later...

The hollow carrot vibe as presented to you by the humble furry writer of this writewrite.

Since old habits die hard I tried to set the carrot on fire due to automatisms (which didn't work, Cthulhu be thanked for that)

Vegetables are good....gna

think you need to stuff some herbs in that hole

• 4 months later...

Had to dig deep to find this thread. My one year anniversary has come & gone (November 21st) and it speaks volumes that it didn't occur to me until now. It blows my mind that I can go days, weeks, or more without even thinking about cigarettes. Thank God for Allen Carr and for the poster here who introduced his technique.

So how have you been reswati? Still smoke free I hope? Just think, we have several THOUSAND dollars more now than if we had wasted it on cigs.

Had to dig deep to find this thread. My one year anniversary has come & gone (November 21st) and it speaks volumes that it didn't occur to me until now. It blows my mind that I can go days, weeks, or more without even thinking about cigarettes. Thank God for Allen Carr and for the poster here who introduced his technique.

So how have you been reswati? Still smoke free I hope? Just think, we have several THOUSAND dollars more now than if we had wasted it on cigs.

Congrats, sweet Angel.

A year passed amazingly fast and I am also still "clean".

Good to hear that you are fine too.

• 2 months later...

So yeah I need to re-quit and this thread helped me before so I thought I'd better come back. For some reason posting in here made me feel accountable and I was able to quit for about 5 1/2 months! Then the weather got colder and the smell when you'd walk past shop fronts was just too appealing. But now that's enough and I really need to stop again, but hopefully for good this time. Just wanted to post this here so I stick to it. :)

So yeah I need to re-quit and this thread helped me before so I thought I'd better come back. For some reason posting in here made me feel accountable and I was able to quit for about 5 1/2 months! Then the weather got colder and the smell when you'd walk past shop fronts was just too appealing. But now that's enough and I really need to stop again, but hopefully for good this time. Just wanted to post this here so I stick to it. :)

Good luck to you april_lynn the fact that you went 5 1/2 months should be a walk in the Park this time..Keep us posted..