Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
reswati

The quit smoking thread.

Recommended Posts

Good luck to you april_lynn the fact that you went 5 1/2 months should be a walk in the Park this time..Keep us posted..

Thank you very much! I hope so, before then I could only make it a day or so, so I guess I know now I don't really need it, it's just hard when I'm driving anywhere. Thanks again, I will! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's time for me to quit smoking, been doing it for too long, since 93'. The next time it's time to buy cigarettes I plan on getting e-cigs. I really don't like opening up about this kind of stuff but I can't screw around anymore.

Edited by luvlz2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried a month ago but it fell through.

This time,

36 hours now. :thumbsup:

Good for you!

I've never smoked (anything, actually) so I can only imagine how difficult quitting can be!! My mother is a heavy smoker, a ppd x 40+ yrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your mom has me beat. But if the guts/glory and intelligence I see that comes through in your posts, comes from her, no doubt your mom can do anything.

Thank you so much planted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gave away a full carton of cigarettes because I'm quitting today for good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Just gave away a full carton of cigarettes because I'm quitting today for good.

I gave up ciggies 14yrs ago now. Took me about 7 years to finally quit and I only could quit as we started trying for kids - and I wasn't going to be the dad who smokes. Fuck that.

I'll tell you what helped me quit though.....

I used to work for an absolute cancerous, poisonous bitch. She was my supervisor and sometimes I'd practically go home in tears. She would absolutely verbally hammer me like a maniac - full screaming (she had "personal issues" - complaints to our manager were met with sympathy, but deal with it). So, in order to help myself I made a bet with her.

'I'll give you $100 if I have another smoke." She gleefully accepted thinking I'd cave. I never did. Fucked if I ever was going to give that mole a red cent. It made quitting heaps easier as even if I really felt like one and I was out clubbing (back in the day) I knew I'd be forking a cool hungie over to her. I really was never tempted (as I absolutely would have honoured the bet).
So motivation - I quit not to be "that Dad" - as well as consequence - worked for me.

The good news is, after 6 months or so (and time FLIES these days) even the second hand smell of smokes is enough to make you think eeew - never again. It really does smell like a chemical plant once you stop.

Best of luck my friend. Keep yourself busy, boredom can lead to cravings.

Edited by rm2551

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 12:34 AM, rm2551 said:

I gave up ciggies 14yrs ago now. Took me about 7 years to finally quit and I only could quit as we started trying for kids - and I wasn't going to be the dad who smokes. Fuck that.

I'll tell you what helped me quit though.....

I used to work for an absolute cancerous, poisonous bitch. She was my supervisor and sometimes I'd practically go home in tears. She would absolutely verbally hammer me like a maniac - full screaming (she had "personal issues" - complaints to our manager were met with sympathy, but deal with it). So, in order to help myself I made a bet with her.

'I'll give you $100 if I have another smoke." She gleefully accepted thinking I'd cave. I never did. Fucked if I ever was going to give that mole a red cent. It made quitting heaps easier as even if I really felt like one and I was out clubbing (back in the day) I knew I'd be forking a cool hungie over to her. I really was never tempted (as I absolutely would have honoured the bet).
So motivation - I quit not to be "that Dad" - as well as consequence - worked for me.

The good news is, after 6 months or so (and time FLIES these days) even the second hand smell of smokes is enough to make you think eeew - never again. It really does smell like a chemical plant once you stop.

Best of luck my friend. Keep yourself busy, boredom can lead to cravings.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2018 at 9:52 PM, luvlz2 said:

Just gave away a full carton of cigarettes because I'm quitting today for good.

Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Today marks the first full week of me quitting cigarettes with no patches, sprays, gum, mints or anything, just quit cold turkey. So I think I will celebrate with a cold turkey sandwich!

 

Edited by luvlz2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Today marks the first full week of me quitting cigarettes with no patches, sprays, gum, mints or anything, just quit cold turkey. So I think I will celebrate with a cold turkey sandwich!

 

Good stuff mate. Hold on to why you quit and how potent that is/was to you. Remember when you next put a ciggy to your lips what it really means. Then you'll be fine.

Be honest with yourself.

Go for a jog.

Go for a drive and put on a mad Zep boot.

Just give yourself space to choose "option B"

Edited by rm2551

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My nephew's tried to quit so many times, but he just can't do it. My parents, brothers and a couple of sisters used to smoke but I never took it up. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×